An accomplished and successful multidisciplinary information technology professional with over twenty seven 27 years of practical experience with Department of Defense, State and Local Government, Commercial and Healthcare Industry. Mr Henderson has experience in program and project management, requirements analysis, systems design/development, implementation, systems integration, change management, maintenance, strategic planning, procurement/ acquisition, and business development. Mr Henderson is a proven visionary, proficient in making sound business decisions, successfully managing highly skilled professionals and multiple projects with complex technology requirements.
- Program/Project Management - Over 20 years of experience managing multiple IT projects small and large initiatives, concurrently, under aggressive time-lines from Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring, Controlling, and Closing.
- Requirements Analysis Experience in developing requirements analysis for mission critical applications.
- Project Cost Management - Practical experience in planning, estimating, budgeting, and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Systems Design/Development - Practical experience in designing/developing/implementing E-Commerce, enterprise wide solutions, small and large applications and web based applications with Microsoft technologies.
- Project Risk Management - Ability to identify, analyses, and control risk on projects.
- Configuration/Change Management - Experience in implementing enterprise and Internet based applications configuration management tools and change management best practices.
- Quality Assurance Exceptional experience in software quality assurance plans.
- Strategic Planning Practical experience in design/implementing strategic plans.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL - Over 15 years of practical experience in ITIL methodology service strategy, design, transition, operation and continual service improvement.
- Capability Maturity Model CMM - Over 15 years of experience in developing software under the CMM methodology Initial, Repeatable, Defined, Managed, and Optimizing.
- Contracts Negotiation - Over 20 years of contract negotiation experience.
- Procurement/Acquisition - Exceptional Procurement and acquisition skills.
- Database Design and Implementation - Uniquely qualified experience in Oracle design and implementing Mission-Critical database applications with complex requirements.
- Issue Resolution - Exceptional issue resolution skills as well as excellent communication skills with team members, management, and customers.
Summary of Relevant Experience:
Senior Program/Project Manager
- Confidential quantity contract for the continued development and operations and maintenance of the Departmental E-Budgeting System DEBS sponsored by the Department of Labor DOL Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management.
- Confidential is the enterprise system that manages the entire budgeting process for the Department and the underlying agencies and offices. It provides an integrated budget environment that enables users to enter, track, report, publish and analyse budget and performance data within and across all agencies. The system was designed to optimize resources throughout the budget formulation and execution life cycle and provide greater transparency to the budget decision-making process.
- My responsibility as the Senior IDIQ Program/Project Manager is to manage multiple task orders and the critical positions necessary to enhance service delivery while sustaining ongoing operations, development, modernization, enhancement, operations, maintenance support, testing of new components, change management, monthly classroom training and help desk support with a Staff of 35. Also responsible for planning, organizing, directing, executing, monitoring, and controlling major aspects of the project, including technology, schedule, scope, cost, contract, proposal writing of new task orders and customer satisfaction. As the IDIQ contract key personnel, the primary interface to DOL contract office, other agencies project managers, task and functional leaders, subcontractors, support personnel, and stakeholders, my responsibility is to build the necessary business relationships with customers and interact with other contractors on site effectively and productively.
Project Manager/Technical Lead
- Confidential on a six month contract at Catamaran Corporation formerly Catalystrx and SXC Health Solutions located in Lisle, Illinois. Catamaran is a pharmacy benefit management company that sells services related to pharmacy benefit management and medical record keeping to businesses in the United States. Catamaran works independently of the government and insurance companies allows it to operate as a third party verifier.
- As the Project Manager/Technical Lead I was responsible for the migration of the corporate enterprise mission critical messaging system. The current messaging system sends and receives more than 4.2 Million messages a month, and with 8000 users service accounts. The current corporate messaging system was comprised of four 4 technologies Websense email Security, Symantec email encryption, BlackBerry Server smart device technology and Microsoft Exchange 2007 messaging system. That was being migrated and upgraded, from Rockville Maryland data center to Ashburn Virginia data center. My responsibility was to create a project plan, budget, staffing plan, technical migration plan, communication plan, risk plan, testing plan and rollback plan, also responsible for the day-to-day operation for the corporate messaging system.
Senior Information Technology Consultant
- Senior Consultant to Union Station Redevelopment Corporation USRC . USRC oversees the Union Station's restoration and renaissance as Amtrak's corporate headquarters building and as a retail/entertainment center, tourist attraction and economic generator for the city of the District of Columbia, Washington DC. As the Senior Information Technology Consultant for 13 years my duties and responsibilities was to managing USRC technology enterprise systems. Key responsibilities at USRC requirements analysis, system design, system implementation, system integration, system operation and maintenance of USRC network infrastructure, telecommunications systems, data centers, application servers, storage system, and desktop management. Mission-critical projects at USRC:
- Designed and implemented enterprise wide network using Microsoft Technology
- Designed and Implemented enterprise wide messaging system Microsoft exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 with Active Directory for 425 users
- Designed and implemented enterprise wide Security Policies and profiles for the network infrastructure, telecommunications systems, data centers, application servers, storage system, and desktop
- Designed and implemented data storage system with Microsoft SharePoint
- Designed and implemented Key system Phone system
- Also responsible for procurement of all hardware, software and information technology resources
- Also responsible for creating the yearly budget for information technology which is a part of USRC Capital Planning and Investment Control.
Senior Director of Information Technology
- Responsibility was provide a blend of Technical Leadership for the Functionality and be the subject matter expert on the domain and institutional knowledge for the implementation, maintenance, support and development for Administrative Services Modernization Program ASMP Project. Also Identifies ways technology solutions can be applied to support business strategies and improve business processes. Partner with the stakeholders with business units and Business Consultants team to communicate and clarify business needs to vendor resources, contribute to development of long-range systems plans and architecture, assist in requirements elaboration, and ensure products and services are aligned and implemented to meet business needs. As the Technical lead for the selection team on the PeopleSoft implementation for Human Resources, Payroll, and Time Attendance for The Chief Technology Officer of the District of Columbia the system designed and implemented to supports 30,000 District employees.
- Technical lead - Administrative Services Modernization Program ASMP Project
- Responsible for directing and managing IT consulting engagements for Federal, State and Local government quasi-government and private sector corporate clients in the areas of e-commerce, COTS systems selection and implementations, IT strategic planning, telecom systems, enterprise-wide solutions, data center consolidation, network security and other specialized areas of IT consulting. In addition, responsible for enhancing and expanding TCBA IT Consulting Principal working relationships joint venture and/or sub-contracting with larger national IT consulting firms, the Big Five and other second-tier national IT firms and information technology companies.
- Responsible for managing the District of Columbia DC Office of Property Management OPM Day-to Day operations for 325 user enterprise network that consist of hardware, software, local area network, telecommunications, maintenance and repair service agreements for all OPM equipment.
- Provided project manager support for the DC IT project an e-government initiative for The Chief Technology Officer of the District of Columbia OCTO implementing several web-based Kennedy applications to provide D.C. citizens and the business community with online access to government information and services such as tax filing and submission, small business life cycle management, license, permit and renewal as other on-line e-government services.
- Project manager for OCTO successful in taking Commercial Off-The-Shelf products and designing critical applications for OCTO. Responsible for requirements analysis, documentation, software and hardware system analysis, design, development, the re-hosting of software and Backend databases.
- Successfully designed, implemented, and managed E Commerce web applications for the District of Columbia. Assisted the District with the development of e-commerce strategy, back-office support and processing requirements, appropriate infrastructure, penetration testing strategy and final implementation. With the District's e-commerce sites, as a result District of Columbia now has the ability to significantly enhance and promote their services adding to their overall e-government marketing strategy.
- Also was responsible for the high level requirements analysis for the Cross Enforcement Initiative from the District of Columbia Office of the City Administrator, Operational Improvements Division. The initiative improved the enforcement of regulatory requirements pertaining to the maintenance of clean, safe, and healthy neighbourhoods. The requirements also included trash disposal, fire prevention, and business licensing/building construction. The initiative involved four prongs: Teeth in Enforcement, Code Harmonization, and Consolidated Adjudication.
Vice President/General Manager, Information Technology
- Successfully designed, implemented, the Basic Electronics Screening Tool application BEST for Federal Aviation Administration FAA job applicants, computer-base version of the BEST , a screening test of knowledge of basic electricity, electronics, and related mathematical skills.
Director, Information Systems Division
- Collaborated with business counter parts in defining information technology needs, Establishing priorities, and creating/monitoring plans. Planned, directed and coordinated the overall direction of all activities for a strategic business unit. Developed strategies to achieve business goals. Directed the assessment and development of new business. Responsible for quarterly and annual planning activities including resources, revenue, services and forecasts. Developed procedures for the company and was responsible for maintaining a relationship with major clients and prospects. Established and monitored budgets and controlled expenses to achieve corporate goals.
- Managed the USDA Info Share Telecommunications Network Implementation contract with a value exceeding 25 Million. This project included a consolidation of office voice and data communications. The first phase was a 3-site prototype network site survey and implementation. The second phase included modifications determined as a result of the phase one with the final technical solution for 24 sites throughout the state of Kentucky.
- Managed the Global Command and Control System Initiative/project: DOD Contract responsible for managing the GCCS SORTS GSORTS Proof-Of-Concept portion of the contract worth 2 Million, and SORTS Modernization effort, for a team of 9 engineers including 7 subcontractors. The system became the single, global command and control, communications, computer and intelligence system to support the USA in combat. Upon successful approval of the proof concept the contract expanded to 120 Million.
- Responsible for providing training for all military and civilian users on the local and wide area networks for Defence Modelling and Simulation DMSO contract. Worked closely with the customer to develop and continuously update customized training plan to meet the needs of users. Also developed the yearly Information Technology IT budget for DMSO.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and managing large databases, accommodating varied amounts of data from commercial and government clients.
- Provided customer support services for large-scale local, wide area networks with over 150 Windows NT, Window 2000, Unix servers, Oracle databases and over 4,000 users for the Department of Defence.
- Responsible for providing hardware, software, repairs, installation, upgrades, configuration management, troubleshooting failures on Networks, LAN/WAN in Windows, UNIX, SunOS environment at the Pentagon and other EDS government customer sites.