SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional PMP with diversified program and project management, data processing and recruiting experience with emphasis on the development and implementation of commercial business systems and infrastructure projects, as well as management in outsourcing engagements. Have functioned as a Program Manager, Project Manager, Branch Manager, Proposal Manager, Technical Manager, Sales and Marketing Director and a number of technical roles.
- Responsibilities have included: program management, project management, vendor selection, hardware/software selection, contract negotiations, proposal management and development, problem definition and solution, systems analysis and design, fact finding, system implementation, data base design, programming, program testing, budgeting, P L, presentations to executive staffs, training of technical and clerical personnel, management of a branch office, executive and technical recruiting, sales forecasting and management of sales and clerical personnel.
- Personal qualities include: initiative, the ability to make effective and timely decisions, mature judgment, and a strong analytical background oriented to problem definition and solution. Experienced in working with a complete cross section of management, Information Technology, client and end user personnel.
Manage application development projects focused on Explanation of Benefits EOBs , ID cards, Computer Generated Letters and Certs. Manage these projects including: managing scope and initial budget, risk and change management, issue management from identification through resolution, stakeholder management and communications and maintaining appropriate documentation in the SharePoint sites. Manage both internal and external resources from various groups such as Development, Architecture and Production Support teams, develop project plans, conduct weekly status meetings and act as the single point of contact for all things related to each project. Currently managing a pilot project. Tools used: MS Project Professional 2010, SharePoint, Clarity and Microsoft Office 2010.
Senior Global Project Manager
Using our proprietary project management methodology, ITPM, I managed IT infrastructure projects from inception to closeout. Managed one project as an Agile project as a proof of concept. Managing these projects included: managing scope and initial budget, risk and change management, issue management from identification through resolution, stakeholder management and communications and maintaining appropriate documentation in the Enterprise Project Tracking Database. Also managed both internal and external resources from various groups such as Development, Architecture and Production Support teams, developed project plans, conducted weekly status meetings and acted as the single point of contact for all things related to each project. Projects included: CTG LDAP Stabilization, iLog Pilot Implementation, Oracle Single Sign-on, Oracle Internet Directory and the DBU NextGen ERP ScanBen Pilot. Tools used: MS Project Professional 2007 and 2010 and Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010.
Managed a Data Center build-out and migration project where my role encompassed project schedule creation and management, issue tracking management, risk management, driving project teams to completion and status reporting. Led meetings, took meeting minutes and distributed the minutes. The main silos of the project were network build out, server/storage, product migration and facilities upgrade/build out. Tools used: MS Project Professional 2003 and 2007 and CA-CLARITY.
Managed multiple projects in the HR/Finance/Partner Matters portfolios. Primary Project Management duties included charter creation, project plan creation and management, issue tracking management, risk management, communications plan creation and management, driving project teams to completion and status reporting. I led meetings and managed teams within a matrix organization. Projects have been new software development, Agile and service pack creation/implementation. The development platforms used were .Net, ABAP, BASIS and SAP HR, BI and Financials FI with the development teams located in the U.S. as well as off-shore. Participated on several tasks forces to update and revise PMO processes and procedures. Typical workload was 8 12 projects at any one time. Tools used: MS Project Professional 2003 and 2007, MS Project Server 2003 and 2007, MS Office System 2007 and HP Quality Center.
Senior Project Manager
- Perficient is a software services firm that uses leading and emerging technologies to Web-enable complex enterprise systems. Perficient builds deep expertise around J2EE, WebSphere, and Rational through a unique partnership with IBM AIM Services. Under this arrangement, Perficient provides customers and partners with teams of expert technology professionals that manage the implementation of their products for end-user customers. I was trained in WebSphere Product Center WPC .
- Managed the implementation of WebSphere Portal for a client in the Utilities industry. Recently completed the Inception Phase where we gathered requirements for completing the Software Requirements document and made a recommendation on when to implement ESB and WCM.
- For a client in the wireless telecomm space, set up the project artifacts and project plan for an SME to take over. The project was focused on modifying their data warehouse to handle the Ericsson Wireless Prepaid solution.
- Worked with the in-house and IBM project teams to balance resource utilization for an SAP implementation of the AW module.
Senior Project Manager
- Was a Senior IT Project Manager at TruGreen LandCare, a subsidiary of ServiceMaster. Managed the successful design, development and implementation of two web sites: TruGreenLandCare and TruGreenJobs. Managed the operating system upgrade on our iSeries hardware and data refresh in our development and Q/A environments. Have managed a number of other projects that include the development of a Sales Activity and Tracking application, move to a centralized Citrix server farm for the branch offices, development of a means to identify and track our Top 25 Customers in a branch, region and division. Participated in the redesign of the SDLC and creation of Project Management Processes to interface with it.
- Primary Project Management duties included charter creation, project plan creation, issue tracking management, risk management, communications plans and management, beta test management and status reporting. Tools used: MS Project Professional 2003, MS Project Server 2003 and MS Office System 2003.
- Managed the employee transition to a different HR system.
Project Manager Portfolio Manager in the Project Office. Projects included oversight on the HP OpenView implementation, creation of a release processing process, managing the Browser Independence Project and beginning the TeaLeaf RealiTea project. Installed and configured Microsoft Project Server 2003.
Participated in the migration of a manufacturing facility from Canada to Arizona. My responsibilities were to research, create Routers and Bills of Material for those parts transitioning to Tempe. We worked with JD Edwards OneWorld ERP software solution. Spearheaded an RFP effort for a General Electric proposal. Created RFQ's and handle the vendor relationships with these.
Participated in the implementation of the ERP package Visual Manufacturing from Lily Software Associates. My area of responsibility was to build Engineering Masters and convert the Bills of Materials for the Energetic Materials group from MAPICS to Visual Manufacturing.
- Worked virtual as well as from the Pleasanton, CA and Bothell, WA offices. My last project was the migration of both payroll and HR services for a Seattle client to our new Golden Gate integrated platform. Team consisted of two implementation consultants and various matrixed employees.
- Completed an on-time, high quality five-month customization and implementation project of the ProAIM Rapid Implementation Methodology. The project delivered a cross-organization rapid implementation methodology to shorten product and service delivery times. Developed project plans forecast and track to budget identify, track and resolve issues and manage the tasks of sixteen team members. Performed risk identification and mitigation. Also gave regular status updates and presentations to the Steering and Strategic Councils. Project planning tools included Microsoft Project and Pacific Edge's Project Office.
- Participated in building a Project Management Office PMO to support our organization and the full Software Development Life Cycle. This included creating processes, templates and procedures as well as standard project plans.
- Managed the delivery and implementation of a Travel Entertainment Expense solution for InterPro that included expense report auditing workstations. Also planned the implementation and rollout of this solution for ProBusiness until the vendor went bankrupt and the project was cancelled.
Managed E-Commerce product development and implementation from conception up to the delivery at the site, encompassing the full SDLC. Develop project plans forecast and estimate budget identify, track and resolve issues advise customers on scope management and report status. Manage short product development lifecycle 6 weeks to 6 months . Built relationships with project managers and resources across the enterprise for on time, within budget delivery. Led multiple teams and delegated day-to day tasks of 3-10 resources on each team that worked both on-site and virtually. Method/1 was the client's Software Development Methodology.
Developed and modified e-Commerce project plans using Microsoft Project 2000 beta for a new on-line business client of this consulting firm and provided input into their creation of a Project Office to support a segment of their business.
- Was on site at United Services Automobile Association USAA in San Antonio, Texas as a Project Manager for their Year 2000 Y2K endeavors. My application system responsibilities encompassed their Human Resources, Publishing, Payroll/Personnel PeopleSoft , Facility Management, Real Estate Company, Internet and 350 Intranet web sites and applications.
- Duties and responsibilities included: managing multiple projects at the same time that were staffed with resources comprised of matrixed USAA employees, contractors, and consultants management level planning and plan creation developing scope for the areas as well as quality plans. Developed and communicated RAM Responsibility Accountability Matrix , Risk Assessment, developed master schedule to include dependencies, relationships, and priorities. Integrated the Y2K schedule with those of other Y2K projects and non-Y2K projects, created Communication Plan and Management Plans. Project plans were created using Microsoft Project 98 and ABT Project Workbench 3.00.4.
- Documented each project's scope, develop hour and cost estimates, resources internal and external and support budget call, prepared and presented management presentations up to the CIO level, project planning, refined estimates both schedule and cost and led matrixed project teams. Set direction and maintained team harmony, obtained plan acceptance by Sponsors and other stakeholders, established infrastructure for Project Control, including Earned Value reporting structure and roll-up, fostered on-going communications with the project sponsors, other projects, stakeholders, contractors and external entities e.g., alliance partners .
- Monitored and provided feedback on the projects to the teams and stakeholders, took corrective action when necessary, Issue Resolution, Change Control and resource management. Performed impact assessments, oversaw production implementations and reviewed certification checklists for quality control.
Senior Systems Analyst
Participated in the development of a new Prescription Claims system. The majority of my time was spent learning FOCUS, its associated development and creating specifications for new reports.
Functioned as both a consultant and a project lead in the maintenance, production support and enhancements required to Canadian credit card applications. Was the Project Manager for the LE Conversion project for these application suites. The technical environment was IBM mainframe, COBOL II, IMS DB/DC and DB2. Method/1 was the SDM and was applied to the full SDLC. My responsibilities included identifying, packaging and giving work assignments to team members, status reporting, quality assurance, creating and enhancing application programs and providing technical assistance to team members. I also participated in providing 7x24 pager support for this application suite.
Functioned as both a consultant and a technical lead in the development and enhancements required to create the firm's National Order Collection Vehicle NOCV . The technical environment was IBM mainframe, COBOL II, IMS DB/DC and DB2. My responsibilities included work assignment to team members, daily status reporting, quality assurance, creating and enhancing on-line programs and providing technical assistance to project team members. Development was conducted under the client's own SDM. Also participated in providing 7x24 on-site coverage for testing the software, creating detailed design specifications and unit test cases as well as preparing quarterly employee performance appraisals.
Functioned as both a consultant and a project leader in the revenue systems arena. The technical environment was IBM mainframe, COBOL II, IMS DB/DC and DB2. My responsibilities included project planning and reporting, writing specifications for on-line and batch programs, creating both batch and on-line programs and providing technical assistance to other team members. Also participated in 7x24 beeper coverage for existing software.
My team provided maintenance and enhancements for their Usage Studies Statistics applications as part of an outsourcing contract. Our staff was on call 24x7. The technical environment was IBM mainframe, COBOL II, IMS/DB and DB2. Took control of the Carrier Access CARE project for 3 months while we searched for a new Project Manager. This added another team of eight developers to my span of control. Responsible for providing project planning, full life cycle software development and implementation leadership for a team of seven developers. Also responsible for all customer interaction and status reporting to both the customer and CHC management. Developed project tools using PowerBuilder 4.0 and Access 2.0. Chaired a task force that studied and implemented performance measurement metrics. Was also responsible for performing quality assurance and estimating efforts for new work requests.
Senior Associate/Lead Analyst
Was assigned to AT T Paradyne in Largo, FL where our team provided maintenance and enhancements to 28 major systems as well as developing new systems on a Novell network using a wide variety of xBase dialects which included FoxPro for Windows, FoxPro 2.0 LAN, FoxBase, dBASE III and IV, Quicksilver, Clipper and DB/XL. Performed analysis and design for enhancements to the existing systems. Development was full SDLC and followed the C L Summit SDM. Also programmed in and supported pcEXPRESS and EXPRESS MDB. Developed all new systems in FoxPro 2.5 for Windows, Access 1.1, Access 2.0 and Visual Basic 3.0. Was responsible for managing the efforts of two other developers, performing quality assurance on all projects and estimating requests for service from our customer.
- Was assigned to an engineering division at Walt Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, FL where I developed and maintained systems on a Novell network using FoxPro 2.0 LAN. Also performed analysis and design for enhancements to the Job Tracking System which fed the division's accounting system. Converted current systems to FoxPro 2.5 for both Windows and DOS platforms. Developed all new systems in FoxPro 2.5 for Windows.
- Held a short assignment at GTE in Tampa, FL where I performed program maintenance and problem solving on a 3Com network using FoxBase 2.01 for the Macintosh. Also audited code from a previous consultant and provided management with a suggested course of action.
- Was assigned to Precision Systems, Inc. in St. Petersburg, FL, a voice recognition systems development client, where I was originally brought in to develop, install and support business applications, including MANAGE Complete, using FoxPro 2.0 LAN on a Banyan Vines network. Was subsequently functioning as the Acting Information Services Manager for the internal MIS-IS department which reported directly to the Chief Operating Officer while continuing to develop/support systems using FoxPro 2.0 LAN.