Sr. Project Director
- CMA Sr. Project Director for the Integrated Testing System at the Department of Civil Service. Responsible for all project management tasks. Developed written proposals for alternative solutions for DCS, including requirements analysis and high level work flow designs. Working with other CMA team members, developed the proposed architecture for a custom build solution
- Sr. Project Manager for the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development Custom Build Unemployment Assistance Data Warehouse Project leading 12 CMA resources and an integrated team of state workers. Working with the Director of Economic Research, CFO, CIO, Contract Procurement and Undersecretary to report status, build relationships and negotiate terms of SOW. Direct 13 resources. Responsible for 3MM Budget.
Data Architect August
- Project Manager and lead architect for the implementation of the Business Intelligence Platform using the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 64-bit BI suite. Includes coordination of all infrastructure procurement, installation and connectivity. Involved in-house and vendor development. Integrates 10 years of history in Policy, Reinsurance, Claims, GL, and Reserves. 2MM budget.
- Presentations to the Senior Leadership Staff including the CIO and CFO of Guardian, and the President of Berkshire Life to obtain business case approvals.
- Establishment of the Data Governance policy and organization. Leader of the business and IT Data Quality Assurance Team to address data quality defects. Led RFP procurement of a Data Quality Profiling tool.
- Follow UML Rational Rose methodology to create System Architecture Documents, Component Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams, Data Models and Use Cases.
- Lead architect in e-Enrollment System Project, designing the architecturally significant web services Broker component as the service tier between externally and internally hosted applications. Led design components for in-house development and 4 external vendors that integrates mass-marketing email, online enrollment, application processing, document imaging, policy setup. Introduced first SOA at Berkshire.
- Received the IT Elite Award in August, 2008 presented by the Guardian CIO. Four Guardian IT associates are awarded this honor each quarter and are nominated by their peers
- Manager of Data Warehouse Design and implementation of the first 3 phases of the EDW database environment, directing a staff of 5 resources.
- Lead of the business and IT user group to gather requirements and requirement definitions.
Enterprise Architecture Manager
- People Manager for corporate-wide Enterprise Architecture organization, managing 6 resources.
- Strategic planning, budgeting, piloting and monitoring of Advanced Technology initiatives.
- Developed and implemented: Advanced Technology Policy, Enterprise Technology Standards, Enterprise Design and Review Process.
- Researching current trends in IT and Financial Services Industry and provide input to the IT Strategy development.
- Manager of the Data Mart Team, Lead of the Project Management Champions, a cross-functional team to develop PM guidelines.
- Project Manager and Lead Architect and Analyst for compliance initiatives: Patriot Act 326 6MM budget , REG W, REG O, FACT ACT.
- Architecting middleware intensive reuse and application integration via Web Methods.
- High level Business Modeling with the business client to drive revenue increases and expense decreases using enabling technologies.
- Project Manager, directing a development team of over 30 staff, implementing NYSTEP in over 200 State agencies, including the control agencies: Office of the State Comptroller, Governor's Office of Employee Relations and the Division of the Budget.
- Leadership activities include: NYSTEP Project Manager leading the Interagency Steering Committee and Functional Workgroup presentations to the Personnel Council and Commissioner level State executives requested appearances at Senate Finance Committee fiscal/budget hearings on IT projects and leading control agency workgroups to gain consensus on how the State of New York will classify, approve, and authorize payment of State positions using workflow technology.
- Responsible for 6MM budget.
Chief of Data Processing
- Promoted from Manager of Data Processing Technical Services Database , M-2, in 8/93. Director of the Bureau of Business Analysis and Management Information Reporting, leading three sections: Data Architecture, Data Policy and Rules, and Decision Support Systems.
- Leadership in the following functional areas: data administration, business process re-engineering, business rule definition
- Information reporting on statewide personnel, position and payroll to internal staff, public information requests, the Governor's Office and unions
- Technological architecture planning, evaluation, acquisition and implementation in an open systems environment including mainframes, mid-range, servers, statewide and local networks, databases, and distributed connectivity between them.
- IT Project Manager working with over 20 agencies to develop the requirements, design and implementation of the Statewide Accident Reporting System using PeopleSoft. Use of business process re-engineering to redesign the process of reporting, tracking and managing workers' compensation cases. This included working closely with the State Insurance Fund and Workers' Comp Board for increased efficiencies and lower cost per case.