Focused on fostering trust based on financial accountability and transparency yields top results by challenging analysts to surpass organization goals. I am energetic, results and detail oriented, proactive, self-starter and an innovative individual. I am seeking a mid or senior level financial management position that welcomes a seasoned professional with an exceptional ability to work under pressure and multitasking environment. I have over 26 years of financial management, accounting management, internal controls and audit experiences, excellent organizational and analytical skills. I amproficient on U.S. Government funds control and management including full cycle of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. I have the ability to promptly learn procedures and methods easily adapt to new situations, communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner. Also, I have proven track records, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- GAAP, OMB Circulars A-110, A-122, A-123, A-133 , CFR, FAR, AIDAR, FAM, ADS, FMFIA
- Project start-ups and close-outs
- Effective ability to plan and organize work schedules, establish workload priorities, and perform assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end scheduling, closing, and reporting
- Financial reports and financial statements preparation, consolidation, and customization
- Pipeline Analysis accruals and costs review and analysis
- Planned vs. Actual expenditure analysis
- Pre-award assessment
- Budget preparing, reviewing, analyzing and tracking
- Internal Controls and Audit
- Accounting reservation, commitment, obligation includes data entries
- Full cycle of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Preparing and recording of Journal Vouchers
- Payroll processing and coordinating
- Ensure correctness of financial data entries in the accounting system in a timely manner
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative skills
- Very strong Excel skills to prepare complex financial reports and/or statement using VLookup, HLookup, If, Sumif, Iserror, Yearfrac, Left, Mid, Right, Count, Text, Find, Search, other advanced excel formulas and Pivot table,
- Strong attention to details financial analytical capabilities
- Strong understanding of US Government contract types and the accounting aspects for the contractor
- Information search and analyzing, trouble shooting, and problem and complaint resolution
- Employees' development
Senior Finance Manager
- Provide leadership and coordination in the accounting, financial reporting and budgeting processes of HQ staff and global finance staff when required to implement, maintain and improve financial management systems, policies and procedures.
- To implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures and procedures including procurement and expenditures, inventory, requisition and record keeping systems.
- Conduct country finance office assessments and make recommendations with a corrective action plan.
- Provide training, leadership, oversight and direction to country finance staff in order to enhance and develop overseas country national finance staff capabilities, within a growing and expanding organization.
- Assist the country and field finance offices with both the annual and special external donor audits and to ensure that in audit preparation there is the proper financial records and backup documentation in place.
- Assist with the preparation of US Government, EU and other donor agency grant and contract reports for submission to the donors.
- Assist IAIA with country-based risk assessments and to respond to internal audit demands from IAIA and RI HQ as these arise.
- Meet and/or confer with Program Desk staff that are assigned to similar countries on a monthly basis to both informed and problem solves issues with the field.
- Meet and/or confer with Field Finance Offices Staff on a monthly basis to review outstanding issues and concerns.
- Review and approved Request for Funds initial Contract/Grant budgets.
- Ensure generation of timely reports for management use, compliance with RI, audit and donor requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly or annual reports to the donors, annual and donor audits including the incorporation of scanning activities.
- Perform Internal Audit of voucher for 2011 and 2012
- Suggest corrective action from Internal Audit Results, this will also serves as training in best practices for South Sudan staff.
- Provide Pipeline Operational Budget with appropriately allocated shared costs for ongoing open Projects 0261,0118, 0119, 0231 and 027.
- RFF Assistance the projections will assist with new 6-month RFF procedure.
- Reporting: provide input in completing final financial reports for 0261 year 1 ended 7/31/13 and U-123 ending 8/31/13 .
- Re-class expenses: Ensuring that all 2013 projects have proper allocations, there is the possibility we will have to re-class expenses between US and UK projects.
- Managing documentation and work papers.
- Performed internal audits of headquarters and field offices pursuant to the schedule established by the Director, Internal Audit.
- Analyzing all IRD audited programs invoices' supporting documentation under the supervision of the Director Internal Audit and IRD staff seconded to the internal control, compliance, and analytical effort.
- Developed expert understanding of IRD's internal controls systems related to each audit performed.
- Assist with the design of audit programs to cover the operations of the IRD headquarters and field offices.
- Assist with the development of the annual audit plan, audit schedule, and audit follow-up.
- Prepare written reports on the results of each audit including conditions noted along with conclusions and recommendations thereon.
- Properly documented the audit steps and related results and the bases for the recommendations and conclusions, and maintain this documentation in an orderly file.
- Communicate at actions contemplated or taken to the Director, Internal Audit.
- Maintain independence and objectivity in the performance of the duties of the office.
- Adhere to all operating procedures established by IRD and the Director, Internal Audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyzing Sabre and Global Securities invoices' supporting documentation under the supervision of the Director Internal Audit and IRD staff seconded to the analytical effort:
- Assisting IRD in reviewing Sabre's supporting documentation and stands ready to support IRD in defended its analysis of Sabre's supporting documentation before Sabre and the USAID mission in Iraq.
- Analyzing the supporting documentation for the Global Securities security contractor in Afghanistan. Analysis of supporting documents of four contracts AVIPA, HRLS, KESIP and SPR with Global Securities as a pre-emptive measure of DCAA Audit.
- Providing support to other IRD Departments for designing templates for subcontractor or sub-grantee supporting documents on complex projects as directed by the IRD's Director, Internal Audit.
Acting Chief Accountant
- Scheduled month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process in consultation with the Controller
- Prepared financial reports and financial statements and inputs in to USAID Reporting Systems: FMS, GWA, Goals, SF-224, and Data Call.
- Prepared, reviewed, consolidated, customized and distributed month-end, quarter-end, year-end, Mission Management, and Host Government financial reports and financial statements
- Prepared Annual Audit Plan in coordination with the Controller and the Strategic Objective Teams.
- Performed Pipeline Analysis which includes budget expenditure projections, tracks and forecasts contract burn rates related to Cooperative Agreement, Contract and Grant Agreements
- Ensured compliance with USAID regulations regarding accounting, auditing, and financial management requirements.
- Tracked and managed the process for updating budget information.
- Tracked and managed the full cycle of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Project start-ups and close-outs
- Ensured all financial data are correctly recorded by all other accounting and financial staff members Financial Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, and Payment Specialists/Voucher Examiners .
- Supervised Financial Analyst, Project Accounting Specialist, Budget Analyst, and Supervisory Voucher Examiner.
- Trained new incumbents for the Financial Analyst, Project Accounting Specialist, and Budget Analyst positions.