OBJECTIVE An IT consultant with 20 years of systems/network engineering, technical project planning and related experience seeks a position fully utilizing a strong customer service attitude, exceptional technical ability and communication skills.
- Worked on various short-term assignments related to virtualization, Project Management, Cisco UCS configuration, PowerShell scripting, Windows AD /Linux system administration, storage architecture and other infrastructure related projects.
Migration Technical Architect
- Led in the analysis/design/creation of critical technical work products related to virtualization for the data center migration project of a leading entertainment company.
- - As part of the Migration Architecture Team, assisted in migrating 18,000 physical virtual servers from an IBM data center in Columbus Ohio to an HCL data center in Kings Mountain North Carolina.
- - Created methodologies to instruct HCL Teams how to migrate, consolidate or transform systems within or to new data center locations.
- - Migrated servers from a VMware 3.5/4.1 infrastructure on HP blades to vSphere 5.1 on Cisco UCS blades.
- - Worked with teams to determine tools requirements for vSphere image templates.
- - Coordinated with application owners to determine applications that could not be virtualized and must go through exception process.
- - Created tiering architecture where applications would reside in different tiers in the vSphere/storage infrastructure based on the resource requirements of the application.
- - In this client-facing position managed infrastructure related projects in support of digital end-to-end systems
- for a broadcast, studio and entertainment company. Coordinated with application team, offshore Tier 2 teams
- and client stakeholders to deliver projects relating to Windows/Linux systems, vSphere, storage, database and
- network technologies. Led team members and vendors in architectural discussions and planning for new
- systems and processes. Created project plans for forecasting of team workload and to allow client to prioritize
- tasks. Developed test plans for lower environment testing and production implementation of system
- enhancements and fixes. Facilitated communication between technology specialists and vendor support teams
- to resolve production issues. Conducted analysis of EMC NS-480 and NS-120 SAN storage and created plan to alleviate high utilization issues. Advised on migration to vSphere 4.1 infrastructure and created plan to migrate to vSphere 5. Completed HP X9000 Storage training course.
- Utilized Platespin Migrate 9.0.2 for Windows Server and Linux P2V and V2V migrations for a financial institution in Montreal. After the initial server copy, completed daily server syncs with Platespin to minimize data transfer during the four hour cutover window. Worked with team members on vlan and data store configuration using VMware vCenter. Completed server discovery and troubleshooting of registry and network related issues. Created presentations and detailed checklists as deliverables to the client. Also completed Windows and Linux migrations for the State of California using Platespin and the VM Converter. Configured NAS devices for shipping of VMs to remote IBM datacenters.
- Responsible for Architecture, design and implementation of VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3/3.5 for a pharmaceutical company.
- Led the virtualization effort of 500 wintel servers for of an ESX 3.0/3.5 and Virtual Center 2.0/2.5 infrastructure. Built validated-test, development and production ESX clusters. Configured HA, DRS VMotion and vlan trunking for production cluster. Configured ntpd and setup cron job to sync hosts to time server. Ran UNIX commands to open firewall ports, restart services and enable vlan trunking. Utilized the VI editor. Scanned and configured EMC Clarion LUNs. Piloted and implemented ESX Ranger and VCB for scheduled backup of VMs. Used VMware Player to test vmx/vmdk files when archiving VMs and removing from ESX. Created VM templates, utilized cloning/sysprep and used OSD images to build VMs. Installed hosts, configured VMs, and used VMware Converter PlateSpin to convert physical, VM Server, and GSX servers to ESX. Using permissions, established customized views that allowed console access via the VI client for application owners. Used WinSCP, Putty, and ILO to access hosts. Experience with BladeCenter configuration. Migrated Citrix MetaFrame XP servers to an MPS 4.0 farm. Built Citrix servers, installed Oracle client and published applications. Completed FDA regulated IQ/OQ validation documentation. Performed server installations of Symantec Antivirus, Tivoli, CSA and DST patches. Provided 3rd tier technical support for Windows 2003/2000 servers, Active Directory and Citrix MPS 4.0. Built and configured HP SmartStart and Dell servers.
- Served as technical architect for a manufacturing company to migrate their NT domains to Active Directory.
Performed a server virtualization using VMware ESX 2.5 to consolidate eight servers onto one HP Proliant ML570. Using Backup Exec configured server backups onto an HP StorageWorks Autoloader. Setup Group Policies. Configured VLANs through Cisco IOS. Migrated Exchange 5.5 organizations to Exchange 2003.
System Network Services Group
- Worked on concurrent projects for clients employing a variety of technologies.
- - Provided technical leadership for a project for a financial services company to migrate all domains and email system from Windows NT and MS Exchange 5.5 to Active Directory and MS Exchange 2003. Created VPNs, configured IIS, upgraded Cisco IOS, setup database devices dumps for SQL Server and implemented new backup antivirus methodologies. Built and configured Dell Servers.
- - Member of a team that conducted an IT audit of a hospital to assist senior management in identifying possible threats to IT infrastructure and opportunities for efficiency improvements. Gave recommendations to utilize additional Active Directory features like Group Policy, RIS, DHCP, DFS. Used GFI LAN Guard audit tool on over 50 servers to identify security vulnerabilities. Recommended a consolidation of three email servers into one. Offered additional recommendations regarding subnetting, backups, antivirus, server consolidation, server room security, training and the DMZ.
- - Served on an application support team for a marketing services company. Completed project requests included creating UNIX shell scripts, writing SQL cursors and conducting acceptance testing for major system releases.
- System Integration Project
- - Led a team of 8 system network engineers working on various SI implementation projects related to the construction of a new data center and two field offices for an online grocery delivery company. Worked with client in planning all aspects of the data center and WAN implementation for an environment including over 200 servers and 20 Cisco switches in a WAN connecting facilities in three cities. Advised client in procurements of 20 million of equipment and services. Worked with client on drafting statement of work for projects.
- - Managed delivery of projects including implementation of network topology, Norton Anti-virus, BigIP web server load-balancing , database system backups, environment setup, inventory database creation, Cybex configuration, domain migration, and disaster recovery avoidance plan.
- - Coordinated the efforts of team members working at three different client sites and the Edgewater Wakefield office.
- - Led weekly team meetings. Wrote/conducted reviews and provided mentoring to team members.
- - Conducted interviews for new contractors and worked with contracting agencies to find the most qualified resources.
- - Led the weekly SI meeting with the client to provide status of existing projects and obtain requirements for new tasks/projects. Created project plans using MS Project.
- - Supervised the subnet migration project for the Somerville fulfillment center.
- - Coordinated system database backup planning supervised the rollout of production production support backups.
- - Created Quality Control process for server configuration third-party software installation and supervised the process.
- System Integration Project
- - Provided technical leadership in the implementation of a new data center remote offices for an online grocer.
- - Led the design and implementation phases of the network and NT domain, including WINS, DNS, DHCP, subnetting and domain planning.
- - Led the build-out and configuration of the new production and production support environments.
- - Built and configured Dell servers and SANs.
- - Created cluster installation documentation, conducted installations of database clusters, and held knowledge transfer sessions for Level II support team on clustering technology.
- - Participated in planning sessions for Exchange, APC UPS , Cybex and remote network setup.
- - Supervised the installation of Homer version 2.7, the online grocery ordering delivery system used by the client.
- - Created documentation for application environments, Backup Exec, server/domain disaster recovery, domain infrastructure, and server reallocation.
- Production Update Cycle Project
- - Led the Production Update Cycle implementation that established a new process for making application and infrastructure changes to production e-commerce suite of applications for an online grocer. All new production changes were rolled into two-week production update cycle releases that followed a strict software development cycle methodology.
- - Was responsible for creating project plans for each update cycle, determining project milestones, and assigning resources to tasks such as creating QA plans, coding application enhancements fixes, creating installation back-out plans, conducting QA testing, merging code into SourceSafe, and executing the release cutover plan. Each release was implemented on schedule with minimal impact to the production environment.
- - Chairperson for the Issue Analysis Group.
- - Responsible for reviewing issue estimates presenting them to the Business Decisions Group for strategic planning.
- - Supervised the Level II Application Support Team.
- - Assisted in the transition of the Production Update Cycle Team, Analysis Group, and Level II Application Support Team from Edgewater leadership to the client's leadership as the project neared completion.
- - Managed the configuration and certification of eight NT servers for a Lotus Notes implementation to be used by 8000 State Street employees. Worked with Notes team members on project specific configuration, which included setup of public and private networks, and setup of 2.5 terabytes of EMC storage. Coordinated with Aztec on server staging, delivery and rack mounting. Trained, supervised and QC'd Virtual Team members on server installation certification.
- - Managed new technology evaluation projects for products such as Microsoft Cluster Server, SMS 2.0, Veritas Cluster Server for NT Beta 3 , Compaq SAN technology other products.
- - Installed and configured over 40 NT/Compaq servers and 10 Sun Solaris servers using the Veritas Volume Manager. Completed numerous SQL Server and Sybase installations on both platforms.
- - Completed Solaris training courses: Sys. Admin. I II, TCP/IP, and Tuning Optimization. Completed Compaq ASE and SAN training courses.
- Project Services
- - Directed and administered the conversion of NetWare 3.1 4.1 environments to an NT 4.0 master domain model. Met with business unit liaisons to discuss project specifics. Using MS Project created project plans to coordinate all aspects of conversion. Analyzed user data, permissions logon scripts. Built and configured Compaq Proliant 7000 servers as NT file/print servers and BDCs.
- - Completed Microsoft certified training courses and MCSE certification.
- - Successfully concluded major NT conversions within time constraints with minimal end-user disruption.
- - Gained experience building Compaq Proliant 7000 servers, which included installing additional processors, memory, controllers, configuring RAID level 1 5 storage systems and setting up ADSM backup utilities.
- - Conducted desktop rollouts of Microsoft and third party software packages. Utilized ghosting products.
- - Completed LAN Support Services and Y2K server certification process for 23 servers.