- Managed coordinated, implemented IT business projects, processes, initiatives, programs
- Analyzed client requirements, prioritized tasks, identified dependencies, designed solutions
- Defined scope, established budget, developed timeline, scheduled deliverables, wrote charters
- Built teams, defined roles, managed resources, coordinated meetings, evaluated risks issues
- Facilitated team collaboration fostered communication created and managed action item databases
- Coordinated critical activities, managed engagements expectations, secured time-critical approvals
- Functioned as interface to C-level executives, boards of directors, management, stakeholders, and users oversaw releases updates reported status
- Managed and directed plans, managed administered projects, coordinated it programs, delivered results
- Strategy Planning Development
- Project Planning Development
- Risk Management
- Process Re-engineering
- Communication Management
- Scope Development and Management
- Resource Management
- Vendor Selection Management
- P L/Budget Management
- Knowledge Management
- Project Closure
Sr. Project Manager
- Manage a team upgrading HL7 interfaces from 2.3.1 to 2.5.1
- Manage the upgrading Rhapsody to interface with WebSurv portal and SurvWeb application
- Manage the mapping of LOINC/SNOMED codes to allow for transmission of communicable conditions to the CDC
- Manage 4 other project managers managing separate projects
- Responsible for performance reviews of team members and the additional four project managers
Sr. Project Manager
- Manage the CDN Content Delivery Network for the VA nationwide to include Guam and Puerto Rico. Full team responsibility to include a 500 million dollar budget, all contract personnel to include hiring/firing and reviews , and client relations
- The CDN Project consists of 4 major initiatives/projects
- Server Farm Migration project from Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO
- Migration of the Origin Servers
- Upgrade to and implementation of Digital Rapids equipment to replace all Cisco Content Engines
- Maintaining the CDN overall Network during the above 3 Projects to include Managing the CDN Help Desk which uses Remedy
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed Oracle 11g Upgrade for all of Honeywell Int'l to include 327 Oracle databases located around the world. These countries included India, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, the UK, France, Germany, and Italy.
- The Core team consisted of 17 Oracle DBA's, 14 Unix System Admins, 12 Linux Admins, 2 Oracle SME's, and 1 Linux Redhat SME. There were 50 additional resources who performed work during this project to be added as necessary.
- Managed the Aerospace Division Corporate SAP Disaster Recovery Program. Design and implement test plans, performed Gap analysis and Risk Assessment, re-wrote the DR Plan to implement deficiencies found in GAP analysis, and re-tested. Also performed live DR test.
- Team consisted of 17 SAP technical specialists and 8 DR/BC SME's.
- All Change management initiatives came through Remedy
- Managed a team of 6 HIPAA SME's performing 4010 to 5010 upgrade for EMR and EHR. Converted X12 EDI Electronic Data Interchange transaction definitions from version 4010 to version 5010.
- Reviewed the Draft Manual ICD-10 CM/PCS International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, Clinical Modification/ Procedure Coding System consisting of two parts:
- Defined an organizational EDI strategy and determined which transactions the health care provider wanted to process electronically using the standard formats. Identified process changes necessary for 5010 upgrade.
- Developed code sets/values that could appear in selected data elements
- Set technical transaction formats for the transmission of the data
- Defined each data element
- Implemented data elements required or conditionally required
- Meet compliance with ICD International Classification of Diseases with standard update from ICD-9 to ICD-10 and creation of new mapping for ICD-10.
- Developed mapping for ICD-10-CM for diagnosis coding.
- Developed mapping for ICD-10-PCS for inpatient procedure coding by the facility.
- For Great Lakes National Program Office GLNPO , subsidiary of the EPA, performed a security assessment review and a security assessment review for its' ship Lake Guardian. This included a full risk assessment with recommendations for security improvement and remediation, especially on their Cobol Mainframe. Full compliance with NIST standards.
- For the Railroad Retirement Board performed a full testing of their DR Disaster Recovery plan in conjunction with their prime DR vendor Sunguard. All DR software resides on a Cobol Mainframe. Complete analysis of testing results with re-development of the Risk Assessment and Gap analysis. Developed alternative plans and implementation of new DR plan.
- Managed the implementation of Cerner's HNA Millenium CPOE with the following solutions PowerOrders, PowerChart, PowerChart Office, PowerNote, Discern, AMM Advanced Medication Management PowerPlans comprehensive carre planning, coordination and patient management to provided a centralized approach to care and order management , Enhanced view, and Unified Orders. Integration of Oracle Financials to allow PowerChart to pass through patient billing to private insurers and Medicare and Medicade.
Project Manager HIPAA Compliance SME
- Managed and performed HIPAA Gap Analysis PHI and performed system and network leaks testing. Updated drafts of all policies and procedures and wrote all documentation. Reviewed and performed gap analysis of Disaster Recovery Plan and managed the development of SharePoint library for documentation storage.
- Development of Cerner Workforce Management HR solutions and Cerner PharmNet implementation project plan for an
- Integrated CobiT framework. Support SOX and SAS 70 audit testing, log reviews, evidence collecting. Support raw data log analysis and processing. Maintain audit log scripts, enterprise password compliance, and generic account management. Responsible for developing and documenting security procedures as defined in the CobiT framework.
- Project 1: Re-engineering of SOSKB software suite. Applications resided on a Cobol Mainframe. Discovered 9 integrated Databases. Re-engineered 11 Applications Web modules. Present findings, analysis, and documentation to Senior Management of MO Secretary of State's Office.
- Project 2: Design and write test scripts for MO Dept. of Motor Vehicle License Plate Re-issuance program. Plate re-issuance program to be fully implemented by 06/16/08. Fully document all testing and test results. Remediate all issues and re-test. Interface with State of Missouri ITSD programmers, developers, and database administrators. Interface with Senior Management of Missouri Department of Revenue. Present testing issue findings to Senior Management of Missouri Department of Revenue and the Legislative Oversight Board.
- Implementation of Cerner HNA Millenium Workforce Management HR solutions. PharmNet Inpatient implementation. Cerner HNA Millenium CPOE review and upgrade of the following CPOE solutions
- Assessment of implementation of Cerner HNA Millenium Workforce Management HR solutions, EMR, and CPOE all modules. Assessment of current system status for possible ERP implementation of PeopleSoft. Assessment for possible implementation of PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Portal. Assessment of all current legacy applications for upgrade to current OEM applications. Assessment of all Systems, both IS, and systems owned and maintained by individual departments i.e. OR, Pharmacy, ER, Lab/Pathology, Endocrinology, CHPA all remote sites , Home Health Care Outpatient Services. Development of Change Management policies and procedures. Complete documentation and recommendations of all findings.
- Assessment of financial controls and IT security controls for SAP implementation. Assessment of IT staff Developers and IT management. Assessed ABAP readiness of staff, along with EP 6.0 ability, and SAP HR-ESS/MSS. Assessed Exchange Infrastructure. Complete documentation of recommendations. Development of implementation project plan.
- Remediation and review of Disaster Recovery Plan/Gap analysis. Reviewed and revised Change Management policies and procedures. Assessed Disaster Recovery readiness of Hyperion Reporting, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and Enterprise. Assessment of financial controls and IT security controls for SAP upgrade. Assessed ABAP ability of staff Developers. Assessed EP 6.0, to include SAP HR-ESS/MSS. Assess Exchange Infrastructure. Complete documentation of all SAP findings.
- Merged CobiT and COSO frameworks per requirement of E Y for Lee Enterprises. Implemented CobiT framework for MEMC. Perform all Sarbanes-Oxley IT testing for Lee Enterprises including corporate site in Davenport, IA and corporate secondary site in San Diego, CA. Wrote all testing documentation.Change Management/Control policies and procedures review and revision. Performed SA S70 review. Performed audit of key process controls for Hyperion Reporting, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and Enterprise. Performed PeopleSoft v. 8.8 audits for Lee Enterprises. Audited PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Portal. PeopleSoft Financials, General Ledger, AR, AP, Allocations. Develop all client documentation books for external auditors and the client.
- Develop and write all policies and procedures for HIPAA audit. Develop Change Management policies and procedures. Microsoft EPM project management, reporting, IT application development, IT application support, estimating scheduling accuracy, IT governance, and managing compliance . Implemented MS Project Server. Develop and write Employee Training Manuals. Develop and write all RCM's and Test Plans for audit. Reviewed Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans. Developed flow charts, forms, and organizational charts. Developed MS SharePoint Portal Server and MS InfoPath for HIPAA documentation.
- Complete review of Disaster Recovery Plan and gap analysis
- Review and revision of all Change Management policies and procedures
- Assessed Disaster Recovery readiness of Hyperion Workforce Planning, Reporting, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and Enterprise
- Assessed Disaster Recovery readiness of PeopleSoft, to include PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Portal
- Financials, General Ledger, AR, AP
- Provision of recommendations for hot site
- Provision of recommendation for applications, systems and hardware upgrades
- Review of Business Continuity Plan
- Review and revision of Change Management policies and procedures
- To include Hyperion Workforce Planning, Reporting, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and Enterprise
- Gap analysis with revisions to Disaster Recovery Plan
- Provision of recommendations for IT security and financial controls for SAP
- Reviewed existing hot site and ran tests
- Responsible for project budget and variance