IT Project Management
- Big-picture strategist with 15+ years of experience and ideal blend of strong leadership skills and expansive technical knowledge base
- Senior-level technology leader combining hands-on core skills with project management acumen to align IT initiatives with business objectives. Demonstrated leadership ability with exemplary record for managing large-scale projects and achieving short- and long-term corporate objectives across diverse applications and frameworks. Advanced expertise in PMBOK, Agile, Scrum and PRINCE 2 methodologies, complemented by PMP certification and more than a decade of experience for world-class organizations.
- Agile / Scrum Methodologies
- Systems Design / Development
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Automated Testing Processes
- Data Modeling
- Budget Management / Cost Optimization
- Best Practices / Strategic Planning
- Business-Technology Alignment
- Web / E-Commerce Services
- Infrastructure Modernization
Senior IT Project Manager
Command simultaneous development of strategic business applications and web services infrastructure projects. Oversee cross-functional team of 25 to facilitate programming, business analysis, and testing functions. Analyze business needs and ROI objectives, generate tactical work flows, oversee feasibility studies, and perform risk assessment to guide team to deliver all functional and technical requirements. Collaborate with product owners and team stakeholders to coordinate release and sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, scrum training, sprint reviews, and retrospectives. Actively identify opportunities for reducing IT costs by standardizing business processes.
- Drove large-scale reservation system project to successful completion while optimizing web services speeds for new media channels and third-party integration.
- Led completion of infrastructure modernization initiatives to support touch screen application capabilities within ambitious 10-month deadline while achieving budgetary goals.
- Improved all phases of the project life cycle by implementing Agile development methodologies into IT framework.
- Devised and monitored $5M operating budget and managed $10M+ base capital budget.
Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Headed top-performing team of 20 (including managers, programmers, financial analyst, testers, and technical leads) in the design and development of proprietary financial services applications to support a broad range of business functions including research analytics, portfolio management and emerging markets performance. Interfaced with internal stakeholders to assess functional requirements and developed right-sized solutions to fulfill business goals. Managed full development life cycle, providing timely research platform delivery and excellent product quality; ensured software performance / quality by reviewing software design output of development team. Key Highlights:
- Spearheaded successful launch of a robust research platform supporting $8 billion in annual client investments.
- Facilitated Scrum meetings - planning, grooming, sprint review, retrospectives, and stand-ups.
- Greatly improved responsiveness and ROI of efforts; increased quality of work; improved development turn-around time; decreased defects; and integrated newly acquired technologies.
- Deftly managed teams overseeing multimillion-dollar IT projects to ensure streamlined delivery.
IT Project Manager / Scrum Master ,
- Directed all phases of development for enterprise-wide information technology initiatives of systems solution provider, including application development, data center management, and disaster recovery planning. Managed projects with budgets of up to $20M, and orchestrated teams of 20+ to coordinate all phases from planning through delivery. Strategized and managed application enhancements. Performed research into emerging technologies and issued recommendations for implementation. Leveraged knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies to optimize productivity. Key Highlights:
- Played key role in building pipeline tenfold, from $2 million to $20 million, by consistently exceeding client expectations and increasing average project size from $140K to $650K.
- Led creation of 250+ website development projects in the travel sector including Orbitz, Cheaptickets.com, and the travel section of Yahoo
- Coached, trained, and mentored development team members, serving as key resource and advisor
- Tapped expansive knowledge of technologies to effectively oversee transformation of business requirements into functional software requirements with detailed design using several languages including Microsoft based .NET technologies such as .NET Framework 4, C#, ASP.NET, LINQ-to-Entity, Entity Framework 5, MVC 4, SharePoint, REST, WCF, and Web Services.
- Expanded opportunities to evaluate project throughout all phases of lifecycle, maximizing customer satisfaction through early and continuous deliveries, by incorporating Agile Scrum methodologies.
Technical Team Lead
- In consecutive roles, oversaw teams both in the United States and Scotland to drive successful design and development of key projects. Led multiple ongoing automation processes, leveraging new and emerging tech (ASP .NET, C#.NET, UDDI, SOAP, XSL, XSLT, XML, VB.NET, OOPs, SQL Server, Oracle, Java Script, ADO .NET, COM/DCOM, SSL). Administered end-user training on a worldwide level. Key Highlights:
- Spearheaded deployment of test automation suite with 550+ servers and 18 global clients.
- Architected robust systems, functional prototypes, specifications, components, and more.
Senior Software Engineer
- Conducted all phases of the software development life cycle as a key development team member. Performed Java/multithreading testing and generated output in a broad range of formats. Facilitated data integration from multiple sources. Conducted troubleshooting to identify bugs and resolve critical issues in a timely, accurate fashion. Key Highlights:
- Proved instrumental in successful development of Actuate e.Reporting Suite 5, the most popular report-writing product due to its extensive features.
- Expanded user capabilities to customize various feature by authoring innovative Java code.
- Used Java/Multithreading to test whether multiple instances of production could run concurrently.
Software Engineer ,
- Designed and implemented ImageCADE, a leading provider for document processing with top clients. Created new classes and controls for data storage & retrieval; designed UI; and developed ad hoc tools, functionalities, and components. Key Highlight:
- Fuelled launch of ImageCADE, an integrated Windows-based solution for image and data capture.
Programmer Analyst ,
- Designed and implemented company’s own product, Statistical Process Control (SPC): The system helps in detection of variation due to differences among machines, workers, materials, etc. incorporated into the system and trace them to specific causes so that corrective measures can be taken before a large number of defective products are produced by the process .
- Used ODBC to import/export data from external databases SQL Server, Oracle, Access, & FoxPro.
- Implemented multithreading, worker threads & threads synchronization, to perform complex calculations in background.
Project Management: MS Project, MS EPM, EPPM, VersionOne, Rally, and JIRA
Build Tool: Gradle, Rake (Ruby), Bamboo, NAnt for Continuous Deployment and Delivery
Automated Tests: Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit/NUnit Test/Acceptance/Behavior Driven Development
VM Hypervisor: VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker, Packer, chef, docker-registry
Cont. Delivery svr: Jenkins, Nexus, cobertura
Web Development MVC 5, ASP .NET, JSON, Mobile App, XSL, XSLT, Drupal 7 CMS, AJAX, JSP, WebSphere, IIS 8.5, Tomcat, Apache, CSS, BizTalk Server 2.
Distributed Computing: Security, RESTful, Web services, WCF, MVVM, Unity Framework, Prism, MEF .NET Remoting, COM+/DCOM, Reusable Components, DNA, RMI, CORBA.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, SQL Server T-SQL, z/TPF, Mainframes, LINQ-to-Entity, Entity Framework 4/5/6, NHibernate, Handling Big Databases / DTS Packages / Relationships, ODBC, ADO .NET, JDBC, MS Access 2013, FoxPro 2.6.
Languages: C#, VB .NET, PHP, C++, VC++, Java Script, Win32 SDK, ActiveX, MFC, ATL.
Java: JEE, JSP, JPA, JMS, Swing, EJB, JNDI, JNI, AWT, Servlets, Applets, Security.
Data Modeling: UML, Design Patterns, ER Diagrams, DFD, Structure Charts, SharePoint, XHTML, OOPs.