Information Technology specialist with proven experience and expertise in end to end SDLC processes. Significant exposure to a wide variety of industries such as Automotive, Warranty, Healthcare and Financial Services.
- Currently working as Project Manager at PTC (Parametric Technology Corporation, NASDAQ:PMTC) since June 2008 within Service Lifecycle Management domain, based out of Atlanta, GA, USA. Implemented multiple complex Business Intelligence, Web Application Development, Application Upgrade, Mobile App Development Projects.(http://www.ptc.com/solutions/service-lifecycle-management/)
- Over 14 years’ experience in the Software Development Life Cycle implementation including Business Analysis, Requirements gathering, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy, employing various SDLC methodologies often combining and tailoring them for the best outcome
- Implemented Projects for multiple North American Manufacturing clients; GE Healthcare, Agco, Vermeer Corporation, New Flyer, Scott Safety SCPM (Stanford University Certified Project Manager), Stanford University Advanced Project Management program PMI certified (Prometric, USA) Project Management Professional (PMP) with Proficient rating in Planning, Executing and Monitoring & Controlling.
- Deep expertise in all phases from SOW, Project kick-off to Closure, handover to Support and beyond as well as Project financial management (Budgeting, EAC (Estimate at complete), Earned value, Free work mgmt.) based on PTC’s RVP (Realized Value Platform) Project Management Methodology
- Managed cross-functional Project teams of size ranging from 5 to 25 consisting of Sr. Architects, Tech Leads, QA Leads, Business Analysts, DBAs, SMEs as part of multi-year, multi-million dollar Projects involving hands on Budget management, Revenue Recognition
- Implemented Agile / Scrum methodologies within Product Release lifecycle management with successful outcomes.
- Managed Business Intelligence as a Product line within PTC suite of Products by following Product Management guidelines
- Daily interaction with Senior, Top, C-level Management on Project status, strategy, issues etc
- Extensive experience in Product based as well as Services organizations planning and implementing Value Centric Engagement.
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Team Building and Leadership
- Process Improvement
- Client Relationships
- Strategic Execution Framework
- Cognos 8.4, Cognos 10.1, Java
- Quickbase, Clarity, MPP, Jira
- iOS Native Apps, Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista, Unix, Linux, DOS
- COBOL, Java, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- SPUFI, XPEDITER, PANVALET, CHANGEMAN, QMF, TEST DIRECTOR,
Servigistics Field Service
Organization : Confidential, North America
Environment : Java, J2EE, Apple iOS Platform
Team Size : 10
Role : Project Manager / Business Analyst
- End – End Implementation of Field Service Web based Application and Field Service Mobile Application
- Support ramp up of Field Service Application and Field Service Mobility (iOS Native App for iPhone) implementation from current Baltimore/Washington pilot area to across entire USA
- Understand, analyze, document, design, test and deploy requirements working alone on all aspects initially and then with the Onshore/Offshore teams as the Project ramped up
- Project planning and continuous monitoring, Budget, EAC (Estimate at complete) and Freework management in tune with PTC’s RVP (Realized Value Platform) Project Management methodology
- Work closely and onsite with the Dispatching team in Milwaukee to identify issues related to Product, Process, Training and ensure they are resolved
- Work closely and onsite with the Field Engineers team in Baltimore to identify issues related to Product, Process, Training and ensure they are resolved
- Collaborate and coordinate with Servigistics Product Development team to address the issues identified with the Dispatchers and the Field Engineers
- Travel alternate weeks to Milwaukee and Baltimore to work with the Dispatching and the Field team
The Wave 1 FSM solution will allow GEHC to:
- Schedule service events (planned and unplanned)
- View service events using technician and route Gantt views
- Configure home page for organizing and filtering data
- Alert/exception management
- Adjust schedules/assignment as conditions change over time
- Ticket integration with CARES (For PM/FMI/INS ticket create only CARES-> SVG)
Confidential IL, USA
Environment : Kimball Design Methodology, Star Schema, Cognos8.4, Cognos10.1, Kettle, Oracle, DB2, SQ, Microsoft Project Plan
Team Size : 15
Role : Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Worked on 4CS Service Intelligence Product within Product Development managing Quarterly releases as well as implemented for Customers s.a. New Flyer Industries, Agco, Vermeer, Scott Safety
- Identify, analyze and prioritize features coming in from various sources and establish Service Intelligence Product Roadmap
- Plan/scope Roadmap features in to regular Product releases based on available budget, resources etc.
- Interface between Customer facing teams and Business Intelligence team for effective collaboration and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Working with Customer, SMEs and Business Analysts to understand User's Reporting and Analysis (OLAP) requirements through workshops, interviews etc.
- Tailor the process and plan based on the Customer's environment, resources, knowledge and experience working with Vendors to implement complex cross-functional Business Intelligence solutions.
- Acquire relevant resources and staff the Project
- Estimate and obtain commitment for budget from mgmt/sponsor. Employ tools such as Microsoft Project Plan and Web based Project Mgmt tools such as Intuit's Quickbase and CA's Clarity. Rigorously maintain and update EAC (Estimate At Complete).
- Prepare a Project plan based on the fact that Business Intelligence Projects cannot be implemented employing a Straight forward Waterfall methodology.
- Assess Users' comfort-level adapting to the system and plan for relevant training sessions.
- Lead the Project team to effectively collaborate with other Cross-functional teams both internally and with Customer teams. Rigorously monitor and minimize any inadvertent efforts to build walls between cross-functional teams which are detrimental to successful Business Intelligence implementations.
- Perform thorough Risk management activities as BI Projects typically abound with risks related to Data, Tools, continuously evolving User's knowledge and understanding etc.
- Staying on top of and managing very closely any potential scope creeps as most of our solutions are implemented for Users that are new to Multi-dimensional Analysis and therefore unexpectedly come up with new ideas and requirements that can impact scope, as their learning evolves. Continuously manage stakeholder expectations.
- Work with IBM/Cognos on any Issue/Information/Training needs specific to Cognos, the BI tool employed by PTC
- Collaborate with PTC Product, R&D & Platform teams to harvest features developed in specific Customer Projects back in to the Core Product as well as create Feature Requests for Customer requested features to be developed in the Product. Ensure Product Release timelines are worked in to specific Project plans for Customers who require new features being developed in the Product.
- Document unique lessons learned and share with PMO for effective recording and dissemination.
Project Description: PTC removes the complexity from the analytics environment. All the information from all sources is stored in one unified data warehouse. The information from 4CS systems, along with information from related business systems, is consolidated in the warehouse. The data warehouse is optimized for reporting and speed. You will no longer cause slowdowns in other's productivity because someone is running “heavy” reports on the business database iWarranty.
Confidential , IL, USA
Environment : Java, J2EE, WebSphere, Oracle, DB2, DRules
Duration : Jun 2008 to June 2009
Team Size : 10
Role : Project Manager
- Planning, tracking and managing the Product releases (Quarterly) as part of internal Product Management and Development
- Align Customer requirements/gaps to Product roadmap and work with R&D. Platform and Customer teams to establish a long term value roadmap.
- Prepare project plan and obtain management approval of the project plan.
- Review project proposals and plans to determine time frames, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing project objectives and staffing requirements.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
- Define the project management process to be applied to the project.
- Ensure that all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities.
- Apply project resources according to the approved project plan.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
Team Size : 10
Environment : COBOL, JCL, IMS DB/DC
Role : Project Manager
- Review the requirements and assist in preparing the WRP (Work Request Plan)
- Prepare/Review/Approve the estimates and communicate to the onsite manager
- Work allocation/coordination
- Track the progress of the delivery
- Communicate project issues/risks
- Help in setting up and coordinating the customer communications from offshore
- Change control management
- Ensure quality processes are followed
- Prepare and maintained SMP (Software Maintenance Plan)
- Introduced widely followed best practices of weekly/daily status reporting in fully automated formats customized to clients’ requirements
- Initiated and coordinated development and implementation of automation tools that improved turn around time of many manually handled tasks
- Initiated Knowledge Management activities that are taken up at the end of each Release
- Conducted Defect Prevention Meetings
- Prepared and maintained SMP (Software Maintenance Plan)
- Underwent Quality audits (CMM L5) and closed all non conformances
- Appraised team on a quarterly basis to ensure goals and objectives are regularly revisited and to set expectations
- Prepared DCF (Data Collection Form), MAR (Metrics Analysis Reports) for all releases and presented the same in QMR (Quality Management Review)
- Initiated, conducted and participated in Team Building activities
- Involved in allocating tasks/efforts to all project members through internal SAP tools.