PMP Certified Senior Program Manager with proven management skills and experience in international operations. Extensive experience managing cross-functional teams in hardware and software projects through the development lifecycle. Leadership experience in project planning, status reporting, risk management, and change control. Operations experience in account management, marketing, and software feature planning in the telecommunications and medical devices industries. Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills. More than 15 years experience in Six Sigma methodologies. Experience with Design for Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and Design for Manufacturability.
Director, Project Management
Confidential, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Formed the Project Management Office. Managed multiple large (20,000+ FTE hours) software and hardware new product and sustaining engineering development projects for hospital and pharmacy customers. Prioritized projects and managed cross-functional teams. Defined and implemented gate process for product development lifecycle management. Implemented project tracking system using MS Project, TFS, and SharePoint. Lead team member for Lean Six Sigma project for customer service call process improvement.
- Work with Software Development group to instill a disciplined and robust product development and project management framework within the department that achieves the following:
- Visibility to all project activity
- Appropriate documentation to support development and accounting requirements (e.g. use cases, business cases, project plans, documentation to support project capitalization, etc.)
- Implementation of a defined SDLC framework including "stage-gate" milestones for all projects.
- Manage project prioritization - provide visibility across ABC as to:
- Projects that are currently in progress and their status
- Projects that are proposed, but not active
- Perform accurate project resource estimates
- Work with (manage and facilitate) key stakeholders to ensure the business has input into project prioritization.
- A world leader in the design and manufacture of high-tech communication products for industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
- Measured compliance to customer requirements for all North American Cellular providers and evaluated feature gaps. Prioritized and drove customer requirements into software releases.
- Reduced cycle time for reporting from 12 weeks to 4 weeks by defining North American requirements for an automated database used to track worldwide customer requirements, measure product compliance to customer specifications, and generate reports to submit to customers.
- Ensured that the internal business cases were aligned with the needs of the customer through partnering with other business functions and regions.
- Worked with overseas partners to allocate resources for software development.
- Implemented customer programming requirements into all product offerings for the North America region. Verified that phone operation met customer requirements. Tested phone software and product support tools
- Created system for documenting and tracking customer programming requirements. Worked with the Product Test and Engineering Group to link customer requirements system to automate final verification and increase throughput.
- Moved management of customer requirements tracking to Customer Technical Service engineering.
- Updated and presented product and technology roadmaps to customers. Defined product and accessory offerings and overall product responsibility for TDMA cellular phones
- Ensured customer satisfaction by identifying and verifying customer programming requirements for US carriers
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Libertyville, IL
Managed a team of engineers to design, modify, and implement manufacturing operations into Motorola and licensee factories in Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Singapore, and China. Created and maintained schedules and budgets for factory installations. Negotiated warranty and training costs with equipment vendors. Maintained Bill of Material and inventory management.
- Launched more than 10 new products in four different overseas factories in Argentina, Brazil, and China and met or exceeded all quality goals.
- Improved surface mount screening and reflow processes by conducting designed experiments
- Used Six Sigma quality tools to improve processes to raise quality levels in one overseas factory to best in class for Motorola.
- Used Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to improve Motorola’s design practices.