IT Director & ManagerSuccessful experience in all phases of system implementation and maintenance for a wide range of systems using both package (extensive SAP R/3 and Marcam experience) and custom software, including: manufacturing, inventory, MRP, DRP, CRP, APS, logistics, sales order, billing collections, A/R, A/P, G/L and office automation. Excellent experience as a director and project leader in supply chain, e-commerce and B2B implementations including private and public sector implementations. Specific industry knowledge in manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, telephony, law, engineering, textiles, education , retail, clothing, broadcasting, cable, garments. Very strong project and change management skills and superior communications skills.
Traveled around the world assessing status and efficacy of border control technology systems and processes in Europe and Australasia.
Manager Global ERP SystemsConfidential Springfield, New Jersey Responsible for consolidating manufacturing and logistics systems in preparation for SAP rollout. Developed plan to save 4 – 5 million dollars restructuring system architecture and support systems. Created and implemented plan to enhanced use of site ERP systems to make data available to corporate planning. Saved company from potential multimillion dollar litigation by discovering and helping to resolve software licensing discrepancies. Managed efforts to develop forecast transfer and consolidation.
Director: Supply Chain Optimization
Confidential– Plainsboro, New Jersey
Responsible for various aspects of global effort to improve use and ROI on ERP systems (including SAP, BPCS and MAPICS) Recruit, train, develop and lead teams for project work
Experience – Continued
Developed criteria for, and lead effort to select a global advanced planning system. Lead effort to redesign world wide network planning for manufacturing to optimize current system use and prepare users for advanced planning system. Successfully spearheaded effort to design and implement method for monitoring system data quality at more than 20 global manufacturing sites. Created criteria and executed assessment of current user understanding of manufacturing systems. Implementing plan to address shortcomings in system training and user understanding.
Project Leader SAP Implementation (Short Term Consulting Assignment)
Confidential– North Brunswick, New Jersey -Responsible for data standards for all modules in worldwide roll out (PP, APO, MM, SD, FI/CO, BW, PA). Conduct as is and to be analysis. Prepare position papers. Develop & document key performance indicators. Analyze changes required to implement new methods and communicate requirements and suggestions to world wide teams. Oversee creation & implementation of processes & procedures for data maintenance.
Implementation ManagerConfidential New York, New York –Lead implementation of e-marketplaces & e-procurement systems for universities.
- Manage customer relations and system implementation.
- Manage timelines, plan and staff projects .
- Maintain communications among team members from big five consulting firms, internal development and deployment teams and customers.
Consulting Project Leader – Short Term Consulting Assignment
Confidential, New Jersey
- Oversee creation of specifications for web-enabled payroll system with interfaces to general ledger systems.
- Develop/review functional & technical requirements.
- Analze interface requirements.
- Negotiate with general ledger system vendors to develop interfaces.
Project Leader / Logistics ConsultantConfidential
- full cycle implementation all SAP modules.
- Lead implementation of difficult accounts using new software.
- Developed time lines & staffed projects.
- Experience with ASAP and re-engineering projects.
Experience – Continued
- Configuration of logistics (PP/MM/SD) modules.
- Planned and supervised all phases of testing, automated and manual.
- Coordinated training efforts.
- Worked with developers to resolve functional issues.
- Certified PP consultant.
Confidential Project Leader / Managing Consultant Philadelphia PA 1993 – 96
Managing consultant for implementation of AS/400-based inventory, manufacturing & costing systems at multinational company’s United States sites.
- Managed unit, integration and user testing.
- User liaison for customization of software.
- Lead data warehouse efforts for logistics data.
- Mapped data for multiple, complex conversions.
- Re-engineered business flows.
- Reviewed MIS department’s development and documentation process, developed & implemented new processes and strategies for retail & apparel company
- Aided development of in-house MRP system for apparel manufacturer.
- Developed new testing, training and support for warehousing and inventory system at major logistics company.
- Screen design & system function, file and field definition.
Impact analysis for main frame to client server SAP system conversion at Elf Atochem. Researched and documented all interfaces and integration points and documented data requirements.
System Consultant / Business Analyst
Confidential, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Supervised system conversions and “go lives” at ARCO Chemical manufacturing sites. Created and conducted user needs assessment for inventory and MRP system. Created, tracked and delivered training classes for hundreds of users in North America. Designed and executed test plans. Also conducted system and work flow re-engineering.
Prior Experience with Software Firms
Hired, trained & supervised support staff. Software implementation planning and implementation for legal, logistics, inventory planning and broadcasting systems. Extensive conversion, system testing, user needs assessment and training experience.