Confidential, Irving, TX
Manage process improvement projects for the Legacy Asset Servicing division of a major bank.
- Managed the integration of the subservicing division into an OCC mandated customer complaint tracking database. The integration included coordinating training material for internal and external vendor associates, tracking external vendor tasks to support bank servicing and reporting requirements, monitoring user acceptance testing and working in the control room during the production implementation.
- Managing multiple rules and standards projects to modify loan servicing and liquidation processes to comply with new state regulations and GSE servicing guidelines. The projects require following bank processes for project deliverables, change control, managing risks and compliance, as well as understanding the legal documents that drive the project scope. The projects require engaging senior and executive level management, legal, vendors, line of business leadership and technical teams.
Managed process improvement and document management projects for the document administration division of a national mortgage company.
- Managed the transition of 15 document management functions from Irving, TX and Scottsbluff, NE to Manila, PH. The transition included managing and tracking vendor performance, evaluating functions for inclusion to offshore, creating training documentation, coordinating training, coordinating onshore subject matter experts to perform the knowledge transfer, setting up quality control functions, system access requests, weekly reporting to stakeholders at all levels and reassigning onshore resources.
- Managed selection, negotiation and on-boarding of a new document recording vendor to perform modification document recording with counties and resolve the backlog of recording defects.
- Created production reports in Access and Excel to track progress of audit and missing document requests.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Consumer Product Strategic Analyst / Project Manager
Strategic planning for loan retention servicing projects specific to Making Homes Affordable (MHA), Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) loan servicing guidelines.
- Served as project management oversight for servicing system enhancements and SQL rules management to bring servicing systems into compliance.
- Used a loosely structured Agile approach to adjust requirements to improve customer response rate targets.
- Created user stories to drive requirements where appropriate.
- Managed requirements gathering and documentation.
- Used MS Project, Clarity, PCM and Nexus for tracking project scope, budget, and timeline.
Senior Service Delivery Manager / Project Manager
Served as strategic planner, Project Manager and administrative manager of a team of software analysts on medium to large software development projects for HELOC servicing applications. (5 direct reports, 4 indirect reports located in Simi, CA, Plano, TX and Phoenix, AZ)
- Managed projects and production support simultaneously across all business areas.
- Managed requirements gathering and documentation, as well as system design documentation. Used user stories to drive requirements.
- Led technical design reviews and architectural sessions to gain consensus for web service integration across enterprise teams. Used MS Project, Clarity, PCM and Nexus for tracking project scope, developer tasks, project budget and timeline.
- Worked closely with senior business leadership on monthly burn rates and project planning.
- Used traditional waterfall methodology to deliver multiple iSeries automation modules to process loan modifications.
- Worked with larger enterprise solution teams to deliver functionality in a cohesive solution.
- Developed Federal Trade Commission Consent Order mandated iSeries loan servicing functionality to allow reporting of bankruptcy fees and payment information to trustees and courts. Project completed under an extremely tight timeline to provide functionality by the court ordered date.
Served as Project Manager and administrative manager of a team of software analysts and developers (Java, RPG and, Net) on medium to large software development projects for ARM, Mortgage Insurance, Credit Reporting, Escrow and Interest on Escrow servicing applications. (6 direct reports, 4 indirect reports located in Simi Valley, CA, Plano, TX, and Mumbai, India)
- Managed projects and production support simultaneously across all business areas.
- Managed requirements and design documents.
- Led technical design reviews and architectural sessions to gain consensus across enterprise teams.
- Used MS Project, Clarity, PCM, Dimensions and Jira for tracking project scope, developer tasks, project budget and timeline.
- Worked closely with business leadership and C-level executives on project scope and governance.
- Managed development of a Java based data audit workflow application that allowed the business to leverage offshore resources to perform overnight data entry. The cost per loan to complete data audits reduced by more than 50% over a six month period.
- Continued the use of Agile methodology to deliver multiple loan servicing web services integration to leverage existing iSeries services and create new services.
- Worked with the stakeholders to refine requirements, allowing focus on critical functionality in lieu of nice to have features.
- Used user stories to drive requirements.
- Iterations were delivered over 3-4 month periods allowing overall development cost savings of $2.95MM compared to the original waterfall development plan.
Served as Project Manager and administrative manager of a team of software analysts and developers on medium to large software development projects for Portfolio Analysis, Interest on Escrow and Mortgage Insurance business areas. (4 direct reports and multiple contractors located in Plano, TX, Simi Valley, CA, Manila, Philippines and Hyderabad, India)
- Adopted Agile methodology to design, develop and implement a Java based, external facing, web application that allowed potential investors to view securitized loan portfolios. The application was scoped and created over a very short timeline and was extremely well received by the business client and investors. Used user stories to drive requirements.
- Leveraged Agile methodology to restructure a Java based loan servicing re-write project. The move from waterfall to Agile methodology allowed quick delivery of critical functions to the business operation and removed manual, error prone processing. Web services integration allowed leveraging existing services and built new services leveraged across all of servicing development.
- Utilized a dedicated Quality Assurance testing resource to ensure all features were thoroughly tested before user acceptance testing. Worked closely with the business to negotiate iteration cost, scope and timeline. Used user stories to drive requirements.
- Used external Quality Assurance testing resources extensively to test development of a Java based gain/loss reporting application. Manila resources provided release and regression testing for the multiple release development project.
- Managed the re-write of the Interest on Escrow application to improve batch performance by creating service based architecture and using multi threaded processing. Used use cases to drive requirements.
Software Systems Analyst, Senior
Supported and assisted the Project Leader/Manager and business client with project planning, project definition, requirements writing and definition, software analysis, software design, QA testing, system documentation and user training. Acted as liaison between technical staff and business client across multiple business management levels.
Confidential, Irving, TX
1994 – 2001
Senior Systems Consultant / Project Manager
Project manager and developer of business solutions using Optika Acorde products for imaging, COLD, and workflow processing. Programmed workflow processing applications to include Visual Basic form integration and SQL database design, including the administrator function. Wrote business requirements.
- Developed an Intranet imaging/COLD application to provide all corporate legal documents across wide area network. Application provided secure, immediate access to imaged documents via a standard desktop.
- Developed an Intranet imaging application for payment posting department to allow faster processing of rejected lockbox payments and NSF items. The application also allowed faster exception handling for unidentified payments. Decreased customer service response on payment inquiries from 2-5 days to 2 minutes. Made payment research available to branches.
- Managed the application servers to include backups, software and hardware upgrades.
Senior Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager
Project manager and mainframe/desktop system support for mortgage lending affiliate. Provided systems and telecommunications support for three, full service, 300+ employee service centers located in Texas, Ohio, and Arizona. Wrote business requirements.
- Developed an imaging solution that provided mortgage document access across wide area network. System provided immediate availability of documents to quickly handle customer service inquiries, better document management of paper files and recovery of office space formerly used to store paper files. Responsibilities included managing datacenter infrastructure, to include hardware and software, server and image backups, as well as hardware and software upgrades.
- Negotiated vendor contracts. Managed vendors hired to install customized imaging application, as well as vendors hired to perform document imaging of mortgage files and trucking vendors hired to transport files between file rooms and the imaging vendor site.
- Realized over 100,000 square feet in recovered office space, $1.2MM in elimination of redundant staff positions due to the centralization of the paper files and staff, $1.5MM in immediate customer service benefit to include timely account research and increased earning potential for securitized portfolio sales.
- Implemented a workflow system that automated follow-up tasks normally performed by clerical staff. Reduced turnaround for closing documents from 120+ to 35 days. Increased receipt of loan documents and provided better management of paper documents.
Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager
Provided systems operations, data center and project support for a full service, 350+ employee auto finance service center. (7 direct reports located in Dallas, TX)
- Implemented automated dialer technology, document-imaging technology, automated voice response system, data-entry fax server technology, and created an area code update application for all mainframe receivable systems. Perfected manual downloads of marketing solicitations to automated dialers.
- Managed infrastructure projects for server\desktop installations, phone switch installation\configuration, communication\data installations and service center moves, to include wiring for data (cat 5 and coaxial wiring), phones and power. Worked with construction vendors on layouts and power needs for the service center.
- Negotiated software and hardware vendor contracts.
Acquisition programmer for mortgage servicing affiliate. Performed conversion of portfolio to mortgage operating system using SAS. Provided reporting support for account balancing, insurance, and tax departments.
- PC: MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS SQL 2005 and 2008, MS Visio
- AS400: Query 400, SQL, Basic AS400 commands
- Other: Java, .Net, Clarity, Nexus, Viper, PCM, FileNet