- Manager of applications and development with over 14 years programming experience within financial services, healthcare, research and development and manufacturing. Experienced in the areas of multi - tier enterprise web and client server applications, staff supervision and project management with development proficiencies in the following areas:
- MS SQL Server 7 - 2008, Developer and Admin Functionalities
- VB.Net/ASP.Net/C# 2003-2010
- MS Visual Source Safe
- Web Page Development using MS Visual Studio
- HTML, XML, CSS and Web Services
- Crystal Reports 10 & 11
- Business Objects XI
- Legacy version of Visual Basic VBA for Excel and Lotus Notes
Confidential Albany, NY
- Manage a development team and software helpdesk, web applications and internal systems and their associated business processes ensuring proper business practices in accordance to PCI security standards .
- Responsible for ensuring security policies are followed concerning code development, data warehousing, general practices and documentation. Maintain company policies within these areas.
- Mentor junior developers in coding quality standards and accepted best practices.
- Manage software helpdesk with staff training initiatives.
- Make recommendations to senior management on topics of software/hardware upgrades, budgeting and security standards.
- Converted 7 Association web sites from a Linux/Perl platform to MS ASP.NET/SQL platform integrating web services and more stringent security measures for member authentication and data access.
- Lead a team of developers in converting an ATM Cards application from MS Access to a web based ASP.NET and SQL platform. The conversion allowed for better response time and eliminated excessive down time which was negatively affecting customer service. Coordinated all Manage a development team and software helpdesk, web applications and internal systems and their associated business processes ensuring proper business practices in accordance to PCI security standards .
- design, coding, testing, training and rollout of new application.
Confidential, Clifton Park, NY
- Worked as part of a team maintaining applications in MS TSQL, OraclePL/SQL and SYBASE. Responsible for technical specs, coding, all phases of testing and documenting installation and rollout procedures.
- Guaranteed on time company compliance to HCRA (NYS Health Care Reform Act) through coding revisions and review.
- Eliminated penalties paid to NYS Health Dept. by providing historical member status data for state auditors. Up to this point, this retro data was unavailable resulting in financial penalties against the company.
Confidential, Albany, NYa
Notes Developer/Applications Developer,
- Performed all stages of the application development process: interview, business and technical specifications, design planning, coding, user and integration testing, code review and sign off. Member of a development team designing and maintaining various Lotus Notes, VB 6, VB.NET, Informix, PL/SQL and SQL applications. Worked extensively with applications utilizing ODBC and ADO to access back end data through Lotus Notes front end. Implemented COM+ objects for scheduled VB jobs. Developed VBA modules for MS Excel and Access applications. Monitored and troubleshot job activity for accuracy and promptness; corrected issues as needed.
- Decreased IT spending by converting an aging Lotus Notes and Unix based application pool to a more cost effective Microsoft platform. The new system provided on demand data retrieval, reporting and processing making current financial data more readily accessible.
- Eliminated manual report delivery by redesigning Lotus Notes and 4GL based programs to VB 6, PL/SQL and T-SQL stored procedures, integrating Crystal 9 for more efficient reporting services to specific office sites.
- Eased conversion process by retrofitting all legacy applications with error processing routines, rollout and full documentation.
- Streamlined and organized tasks and procedures associated with the hiring process by developing a New Hire Tracking web based application for Human Resources.
- Provided the Capital Markets group with a Bond Sales application allowing up to the minute trading information.
- Worked as part of a development team that designed, developed and integrated a web based intranet on a Domino platform.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Lotus Notes Developer
- Primary software developer specializing in Lotus Notes R5. Skilled in Lotus Notes script, Lotus formula languages and Visual Basic 5. Developed database applications integrating Lotus Notes security features, workflow components and automation. Sole Lotus Domino administrator for 100+ users. Maintained 3 Domino servers running Windows NT 4.0 Server. Experienced in software and hardware setup/install and user support, email messaging and upcoming industry advances. Administer and support an MS SQL Server 7.0 system running Costpoint accounting software. This system was also run on a Windows NT 4.0 Server. Proficient in Microsoft Office 2000, Windows NT and 2000 workstation.
- Designed and developed an application for lab chemists that calculated and visually graphed intrinsic viscosity measurements using Visual Basic and MS Access.
- Increased productivity for legal department by managing a data warehouse for patent information dating back to 1990.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Provided workstation support for 150+ users both local and remote. Responsibilities included troubleshooting, hardware repair, software installation, user training and overall maintenance of equipment. Performed Novell Netware and Lotus Domino administrator functions.