A senior telecommunications professional with diversified experience in innovative environments. More than 15 years’ experience in Project Management, Network Planning, Deployment, Operations, Quality Assurance, Server, Client Networking, Vendor Management and Voice Network Administration. Knowledgeable and experienced in project planning, execution, monitoring, resource balancing with the ability to support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure. Solid record of performance managing high value, high profile projects. Persistent leader with strong business acumen and proven ability to balance short - term priorities against long-term organizational goals. Very strong critical thinking, problem-solving, research, analytic, and liaison skills.
Consulting Skills:Network Hardware: Voice Topologies: Alcatel Lucent- (5ESS,), Nortel- (Succession, DMS100/250, CS2K), Cisco BTS 10200 class 5 soft switch, MGX 8850) Sonus- (SGX 2000, PSX 6000, GSX 9000) Titan Dacs, SS7, Juniper, Acme Packet (Session Border Controller) SBC, Siemens HiQ class 5 soft switch, Genband 8000, TDM, VOIP, e911, PSAP
Cable Topologies Arris, Scientific-Atlanta, Motorola MTAs, Cisco MGX 8850 media gateways SNMP, and HP Open, C++, ASP.NET, MYSQL, and MS Office, Xpercom, Xng, INC, NFM, Agilent, Hammer, TCP/IP, Unix, VPN, Router and Switch Technology:
Network Management: Agilent, Big Brother, Hummingbird, HP Openview, Netcool, Ethereal
Network Protocols: ISDN, ATM, Frame Relay, Sonet and xDSL, Legacy Systems, DACs, RTP, RTCP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VPN, and PPP (over Ethernet/ATM), SIP, SIP-T, MGCP, E911
Project Management Tools: Access, RF Knowledge, RAN, MSC, BSC, LTE, Network Vision, BTSs
Wireless Network Systems
Network Operating Systems: MS Office, MS Project, MS Power Point, and Visio, SharePointCORE,
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Project Manager
- Project Manager of complex telecommunications projects
- Working in a unstructured environment and figuring things out
- Awareness of what provisioning is from a functional viewpoint
- Working across organizational Silos
- Using internal company tools to extract financial and other data
- Tracking Project progress (Microsoft Project)
- Issue identification and resolution
Senior Project Manager III, Reston VAResponsibilities:
- Project Manager supporting Sprint 3G/4G/LTE Market Deployments.
- Manage large programs consisting of a number of interrelated projects.
- Use Sprint Nextel’s program management tools (PMO website, Websource) to manage project work plans, issues, risks, and dependencies.
- Produces status reports, conducts status meetings and is accountable for issue resolution
and risk management sessions.
- Manage the rollout of new technology, capacity additions, optimization, and preventative maintenance across CORE, RF, and Access.
- Regular interfaces with internal organizations, vendors, and Senior Management.
- Create Executive level presentations.
- Responsible for managing cross-functional activities in Regional Markets.
- Strong understanding of 3GPP LTE Network Architecture and Systems
- Work with all groups involved to remove capacity planning and deployment roadblocks.
- Create Market level presentations.
- Go-to person for all market related questions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Accountable for all issues in my Regional Market, taking ownership of issues and working them through to resolution.
- Developed logical approach to analyzing problems, organizing work and planning actions.
- Implement creative solutions, going beyond the traditional and accepted.
Senior Project Manager, Baltimore MDResponsibilities:
- Technical expert and project manager for the evaluation, development, implementation and management of multiple IT projects.
- Perform the full range of advanced techniques in project management including, but not limited to, performance monitoring, requirements identification, system design, alternative analysis, reporting requirements, budget formulation and tracking and utilization of automated software to track project timelines and milestones.
- Establish criteria for monitoring and evaluating the work of vendors, subject matter experts and other IT Specialists assigned to projects.
- Coordinate field and vendor meetings to insure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Developed and improved information technology solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Used technical expertise to identify serious technical problems and challenges and led the creation of innovative resolutions using technology-based solutions.
- Conducted periodic data analyses of the entire infrastructure inventory.
- Generated infrastructure inventory reports, performed validation and reported to senior management on a regular basis.
- Development and Quality assurance of Network processes.
- Analyse information and data to solve problems.
- Understanding of product development concepts, planning and execution.
- Proven experience developing / documenting methods & procedures, writing SOWs, RFPs, certifications, validations.
- Demonstrated strong Project Management, and Change Management skills.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer facing skills, and negotiation skills.
- Understand how to review products documentation, including contracts, to assess status of product grandfathering.
Network Transport, Sterling VAResponsibilities:
- Assisted with the development of a comprehensive strategy that will address all risks and provide migration scheduled to integrate the Sprint PII and QChat networks.
- Facilitator of a daily conference call, which highlights the current issues in the Sprint Lab.
- Created test plans and documentation to simulate real-time call processing in the Lab environment.
- Developed UAT scenarios focusing on VoIP, CDMA, and PTT technologies.
- Maintained the PII Project Issue log, which documents the ongoing issues in the Sprint Lab.
- Created documentation for the International test plans.
- Assisted with Network Readiness Test and Acceptance Test Plan test plans.
- Develop and maintain accurate tracking of problems and resolutions to identify trends and to define training needs.
- Managed troubleshooting logistics and developed effective and efficient delivery schedules to ensure balanced approach to customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
Senior VOIP Engineer, Herndon VAResponsibilities:
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and practice information security protocol required to protect systems.
- Address and resolve security issues during system installations and upgrades to ensure appropriate levels of security are maintained by recommending risk assessments and appropriate disaster prevention/recovery procedures.
- Respond to escalations from the Voice Network Operations Center during major outages, and worked with vendors to resolve network issues in a timely manner.
- Develop long-term fixes that will prevent service affecting failures from reoccurring.
- Responsible for the configuration, provisioning, and troubleshooting of various issues for day-to-day activities. (MGCP, SS7, SIP, CAS)
- Provisioned TDM and SIP trunks to CLEC partners using the BTS and Cisco MGX 8850 switch.
- Trained NOC operators on troubleshooting techniques and general network layout, providing technical direction and solutions in the development and management of complex technical solutions as they relate to the maintenance and service availability.
- Deployed new Cisco BTS10200 switches for growth by traveling on-site to perform Acceptance Plan testing before bringing customers live.
- Evaluated new hardware and software and made recommendations to managers and clients.
- Installed software upgrades, patches, and change notice for TWC.
- Led the BTS to BTS customer migrations—migrated live customers from one switch to another switch while having little to no customer impact.
- Developed, implemented, and ensured compliance with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures that establish framework for management of communications programs.
- Provisioned Session Borders Controllers (SBC) to handle SIP traffic in a class 5 environment.
- Summarized and communicated highly technical and complex information into clear, concise oral briefings to senior level management as well as written technical specifications documentation to include graphical representation with system flowcharts.
- Implemented and tested CALEA and e911 testing on all switches.
- Conducted e911 PSAP testing per Rate Center and new Market Deployments.
- Developed and maintain positive relationships with clients, employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Oversaw technical training sessions for users across multiple levels of technical expertise.
Senior Switch / Translations Engineer, Atlanta GAResponsibilities:
- Researched and developed automated optimal routing platform.
- Analyzed CDR, Tariff, and ICP contract tier pricing.
- Subject Matter Expert for Class 5 Switches (Local) / Class 3 Switches (Long Distance)
- Subject Matter Expert for Trunk/Traffic layout, SS7 architecture.
- Developed and a plan to implement a less cost routing model for vendors.
- Researched and analyzed options, performing several life cycle studies to determine the effects of incorporating new software into the company configuration.
Circuit Design Engineer, Annapolis Junction, MD
- Responsible for the engineering and administrative functions associated with designing wireless cells and switching equipment across multiple MSCs and cell site locations.
- Assigned cell equipment to the circuit MSC DS-1 and DS-0 paths.
- Interface with RF design group to receive requested work orders to design circuit paths end to end.
- Performed load monitoring for 5ESS to plan capacity in offices for maximum utilization, efficiency, switch path diversity and future growth.
- Managed major equipment installation projects where they affect facilities and circuit path designs.
- Supported cell techs with accepting circuits, installing equipment, and testing and equipment inventory.
Voice Provisioning and Translations Specialist, Arlington, VAResponsibilities:
- Plan, analyze, test, configure, install, implement, integrate, and maintain network infrastructure and business circuits in enterprise environment.
- Responsible for testing and turn-up of voice and data trunk circuits.
- Provisioned all trunks, ensuring that all the translations are correct and ready for traffic.
- Ensure routing is in concert with trunk translations, completion of all orders designed to support services such as DAV, Operator Services, and Dial 1.
- Verified that trunk routing is in concert with trunk translations.
- Tier 2 support to NOC personal, handling trouble ticket involving complex translations issues to resolution.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and surveillance of Verizon GNI long distance platform, handling all issues in the Lucent 5ESS and Nortel DMS 250 switches.
- Monitored all networks and switching events, handling all troubles and outages to resolution.
- Provided network elements, supporting system outputs, diagnosed and solved network problems.
- Knowledge of VZ billing, ordering and provisioning processes and systems.
- Generated reports from customers and other third parties to constantly improve and maintain critical service and operational levels.