Warren Leister has thirty years of IT design, development, operations, and leadership experience including special expertise in: BPR, TQM, IT Auditing, Quality/Testing, PMP/EPM documentation, ERP/CRM implementation (SAP, IFS, Oracle, Salesforce, Siebel, and others), Agile/RAD/RUP/JAD/SDLC/Waterfall/SEI/Six Sigma/ITIL/IPRS methodologies, business process flow analysis/documentation, requirements discovery/integration/coverage/testing, and enterprise business/technical analysis/architecture. This includes commercial and government functional areas such as: Manufacturing (ERP/MES/PLM/EHS); Resource planning, Aerospace; Defense; Automotive; Electronics; Energy, Non - Profit/Charity; Telecommunications; Supply Chain Management (SCM, MRP, MRPII, DRP); MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul); Rough Cut Capacity Planning; Logistics; Enterprise Change Management (ECM); Organizational Management (OM); Manpower Planning; Configuration Management (CM); Total Quality Management (TQM); Product Lifecycle Maintenance (PLM); CRM (Customer Relationship Management); SRM (Supplier Relationship Management); Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS); Real Property (RP), Accounting/Financial Management; Human Resources (HR); Air Traffic Control (ATC); Agriculture, Health care; and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR/BPI/BPM/Workflow/As-Is/To-Be/Government reinvention).
BPR, BPI, BPM, TQM, Workflow, SIX SIGMA, Kaizen, Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement, Lean, Cost/time savings, JAD, RAD, ITIL, TOGAF, FEA, DoDAF, Agile, Waterfall, JIRA, Sharepoint, SAP R/3 4.7/ECC 6.0 (ASAP Solution Manager ABAP Portals Business Objects EHS, CRM, QM, PS, PP, PM, MM, BW, SD, CCS, FI, and CO modules), Oracle ERP, BAAN, IFS, PPM, MES, JIT, RE, RFP, AI, BI, SEI, CMMI, BI, DATA WAREHOUSE, DATA MARTS, DATA MINING, DATA ANALYTICS, SQL, DATA JUNCTION (or later DATA EXCHANGE), ORACLE 7+ (CASE DESIGNER 2000, DEVELOPER 2000, FORMS 4.0/4.5+, REPORTS 2.5), MS EXCEL, VISUAL BASIC (MACROS, VB, VBA), MS SQL SERVER, HTML, XML, UML, FTP, MS ASP .NET, MS PROJECT, JAVA Script, JAVA, UNIX, PERL, IBM Websphere, BAAN ERP, POWERBUILDER, ERWIN/BPWIN, HR, CM, ILS, ERP, CRM, SIEBEL, EDI, SUPPLY CHAIN, MRP, MRPII, DRP, MRO, C, C++, IDMS, IDS-I&II, DMIV, DB2, CICS, PROFS, PROGEN, ADABAS, NATURAL, ARTEMIS, ORACLE PRIMAVERA, IDEF, EXCELERATOR, CALL CENTERS, IVR, JEMDRAW, SCRIPT, COBOL, MICROFOCUS, FORTRAN, CAD, CADAM, CATIA, Microsoft Technologies Stack, Oracle Technologies Stack, NOVELL, BANYAN, SUN, HP- 1000/3000/9000 , IBM mainframes, Department of the Navy (DoN), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DoS), Department of Transportation (DoT), Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
Project Manager/ Senior IV&V Analyst/SME, Confidential Laurel, Md
- Working in the areas of requirements mapping/traceability, training, testing, site visit HQAES project implementation feedback solicitation planning, GAO findings analysis and summarization, BI/Data Warehousing (SAP Business Objects), across the board compliance, EVM auditing, Issue/Risk Log auditing, and contractor recruiting/marketing support.
- EHS functionality included: Incidence Management, Hazardous Substance Management, Risk Assessment, Environmental Quality Measurement, Environmental Cleanup, EHS activity related material management, EHS project & budget data, and more.
- Extensive MS VBA macro Excel and SQL programming to support UAT and other Army HQAES activities including loading MS Project and performing various intense scheduling scenarios.
- Extensive test case/script development. Extensive research of many DoD ERP issues such as consolidation, training, and more.
- Plan and review Government National Mortgage Association or Ginnie Mae (government financial mortgages guarantor) testing activities on Salesforce and legacy applications.
- Ownership and maintenance of the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Creation of elaborate MS Office Excel/Word/Access macros and SQLs to support testing and quality for Ginnie Mae including an elaborate Test Case/Script generator that produces testing related deliverables/materials with much reduced effort
- Project tools included: Salesforce, Qmetry, HP ALM & Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality Center or RQM, MS VBA, Data Analytics, and Celaxis.
- Volunteer Team Lead at Food Bank.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
BPR Business Lead/Analyst/Project Manager Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Back to helping lead reinvention or BPR of government at the Federal Aviation Administration/Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Performed in the following roles: Sub - contractor lead, Integration Team Lead, Requirements Matrix (Matrices) Lead, IV&V team integrator contact, and Co-Project BPM Architect.
- Supported project As-Is and To-Be functional and technical architecture/specifications along with User Acceptance Prototyping/Testing (UAP &UAT).
- This major FAA-wide Air Traffic Control logistics center (MRO and Manufacturing) insures 100% up time for critical equipment including: aircraft, computers, radar systems, electronics, landing light arrays, and more at all airports within the US.
- This effort included IT migration from legacy mainframe environment including ADABAS, NATURAL, COBOL, & WMS (Warehouse Management System) to IFS (Industrial and Financial System, fast growing european based SAP competitor) ERP and other related ERP/CRM/EHS components including BI related Data Warehouses and Marts.
- Re-established Agile methodology i.e. sprints, scrum boards, installed a Scrum Master.
- FAA's prime mission is supporting the National Air Space or NAS. This project is Lockheed Martin SEI level 5. This project is part of FAA s Next Generation or Next Gen program.
- Extensive Business Process Modeling (BPM) included use of Visio, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Cute PDF, and 2c8 Conciliate.
- An extensive business model tree of the entire FAA was produced and many Excel macro routines written to display and process it many different ways including wall posters.
- Used following tools: Excel/Visual Basic (Macros, VB, VBA), Oracle SQL Developer, SOA, Cloud computing, JIRA, TOAD, IFS, FEA, Data Analytics, & Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- In addition, Volunteer Team Lead with Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma (executes and supports USDA, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, FEMA/DHS, and other programs) and the American Red Cross (executes and supports FEMA/DHS programs).
- Position of Trust level federal clearance
Program Manager/Chief Logistics Business Analyst/Architect, Confidential, Arlington, Va
- Back to helping lead the reinvention (BPR) of government, this time at the Department of Defense running a contractor tiger team at the relatively new BTA or Confidential within DoD created in 2006 later disbanded in 2010.
- BTA acted as an IV&V entity within the DoD ERP project environment .
- Produced strategic design on how to integrate the agencies and services with in DoD using Data Warehouses and Marts so as to measure performance and create metrics. Develop technical strategies and solutions designed to improve productivity across functional areas within the organization. Lead enterprise applications integration efforts and oversee the validation of associated work products. ERP s involved included SAP and Oracle ERP. Architecture methodologies included TOGAF, FEA (Federal Enterprise Architecture), and DoDAF (Department of Defense Architecture Framework).
- Volunteer Team Lead/Warehouse Assistant at a Virginia Food Bank and helped with ERP systems upgrade.
- BTA reported to Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the US Congress.
- Client was a multi company vertical reselling conglomerate selling and supporting products through specialized call centers for the following electronics venders: IBM, Lenova, Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic, Polaroid, Ricoh, and others. Helped lead an SAP R/3 implementation effort at this major direct channel computer, software, and electronic component reseller.
Senior Information Technology Systems Analyst, Mainframe to Enterprise, Confidential in Phoenix Arizona
- Coming full circle, back with first employer Honeywell as a consultant with the title Senior Information Technology Systems Analyst, Mainframe to Enterprise (like Chief Architect/Project Manager/Auditor), helped lead multiple major BPR and systems engineering efforts within Confidential to consolidate and business logistic support systems.
- Participated as required in the maintenance, planning, and implementation of SAP R/3 and legacy systems in the areas of Order Management/Finance/PLM/Supply Chain/MES/EHS/CRM.
- Involved in IV&V, ITAR, SOX, EHS, and Department of Commerce compliance.
- Coordinated numerous global projects with Honeywell s design and development facilities in India. Also helped interface and direct work among Honeywell s outsourced partners including Keane, Caritor, and other vendors.
- Honeywell sells & services some of the most sophisticated and complex electronic products in the world.
BPR and IT Systems Re-engineering Lead/Project Manager Confidential, Wichita, Ks
- Helped lead a large BPR and migration effort from Boeing based systems to SAP R/3 ERP.
- Worked on new system requirements to support the Navy P - 8, a MMA 737 based new build program and proposal to Sikorsky for Navy UH-60S and MH-60R Blackhawk variants.
- Provided systems enhancements from Boeing Integrated Systems Defense Wichita.
- Provided design/development of EHS, PLM, Production scheduling, Perl, Java, MS .net, Unix, and MES systems (carbon composite tracking/usage for 787 and shop floor activities).
IT Consultant/Systems Manager, Confidential
- Primary on call systems analyst/manager for eleven key scheduling, financial, and quality systems. Performed hands on diagnosis, design, development, and maintenance activities.
- Involved in requirements definition, design, development, programming, conversion, integration, and day to day maintenance support for systems engineering projects in SAP R/3.
- This was the first US Navy (DoD) supported ERP (SAP) implementation
- Worked with top NNS Director of Planning on advanced BPR/TQM driven design for large integrated Data Warehouse for: Work Scheduling, Manpower Planning, Resource, & Constraint strategic planning, analysis, and prototyping to increase work throughput and maximize profit.
Director of Systems Architecture, Confidential, in Reston, Va
- Large telecommunications CRM billing facility services twelve plus telecommunication companies.
- Designed and reengineered a high volume telecommunications transaction billing processor from a mainframe system to an Oracle client/server Unix system.
- Helped manage application teams totaling some sixty people in ongoing design, development, and maintenance issues.
- Helped design a strategic Data Warehouse to analyze, predict, and answer questions about telecom end customer usage and Data Marts. Marketing and technical interface with telecommunications clients including AT&T, WinStar, ResCom, and MCI as required.
Chief Facilitator/Architect, Confidential, Arlington, Va.
- Back with previous employer Confidential at USAID the world s largest charity (also an NGO), as a consultant helping lead the BPR effort where theory meets reality at the original pilot laboratory for Vice President Gore's Reinvention of Government as outlined in the National Performance Review (NPR). USAID s New Management Systems supports world - wide agricultural, EHS, and medical/health care programs and is considered the world s largest: charity and provider of health care/aid.
- Chief Facilitator/Architect of a large group of developers/stakeholders for Rapid Application Development (RAD now called Agile) sessions to problem solve & expedite systems design and implementation.
- Worked with functional end user teams to ensure that unique functional requirements were properly solved and integrated effectively within USAID s New Management Systems. Designed Data Warehouses with data marts (first agency business Intelligence or BI design effort) to measure and evaluate performance of development programs through the use of metrics and other strategic efforts.
Project Manager/Technical Analyst,
- Participated in new business development through attending teaming meetings with other contracting companies and helping in proposal and resume preparation.
- Supported the AEGIS (cruiser/destroyer program) Information System (AIS) which did Acquisition, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Configuration Management (CM), Product Lifecycle, and PLM.
- Participated in ERP systems implementations to SAP R/3 for the DoD Industrial Operations Command (IOC) and the US Department of Printing and Engraving.
- Appointed Total Quality Management (TQM) Facilitator/Leader for TMAC.
- Gave a successful solo presentation to a leading federal non profit think tank named the Logistics Management Institute (LMI) leading to their recommendation to the US Air Force that Warren Leister/TMAC could lead effort to perform: BPR, computer systems evaluation, analysis, and upgrade work on their ERP/MRP/MRPII systems at multiple USAF depots.
Asst Technical Director/Senior Systems Analyst, Confidential, Arlington, Va.
- Worked on a major CM, PLM, and ILS system called MODMIS (Modification and Management Information System) a major manufacturing, scheduling, and financial management system involved in the acquisition, maintenance, and support of all military weapons, missiles, and aircraft at NAVAIR.
- Participated in proposal preparation for government RFP's.
- Helped conduct training sessions for government and contract personnel.
- Helped convert system from mainframe to Powerbuilder client/server system.
- Helped facilitate/conduct BPR sessions at NAVAIR, among the first anywhere in DoD/Navy, that included development of metric standards for evaluation of As - Is and To-Be analysises.