- More than 12 years of experience in IT industry, mostly engaged in project management and client interfacing roles for the past 7 years.
- Managed several critical projects from initiation to closure, inclusive of gathering stakeholder requirements, estimation, planning, budgeting, status reporting, proactive controlling, raising invoices, mentoring and technical guidance to the team in my portfolio.
- Led various project teams and arrived at optimal solutions after discussion of business requirements with client and business stakeholders.
- Managed projects across different business domains such as Retailing, food manufacturing and processing, procurement, garment industry, health care - patient management and pharmacy, POS systems, consumer electronics and IT security.
- Some of the recent engagements include managing projects for enhancing business in new countries for a garment retailer in US, building disaster recovery sites for their IT applications, WCM implementation for a consumer giant in US etc.
- Managed projects across various technologies such as Mainframes, Web applications, Dot net, Forte, WCM technologies etc.
- Good communication, organizational, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Strong and consistent academic track record.
- Project management tools like Microsoft project, SAP-PS, Primavera and other MS office tools.
- Management of large teams of more than 50 people across locations in India and US.
- Stakeholder management, maintain excellent client (North America and Europe) relationships.
- Estimation, budgeting, scheduling, scope, cost and change control management.
- Status reporting, risk identification, mitigation and issue resolutions.
- Resource allocation, people management, training and mentoring.
- Defect tracking and prevention to ensure process and quality improvements.
- Successful delivery under stringent timelines and budget with quality according to project charter and agreement.
- Competency in ITIL framework and SDLC methodology.
- Business requirements gathering, requirements and data analysis, translating to functional specifications and design.
- Test management using tools like Quality center and End to end testing including acceptance test planning and execution.
Senior Project Manager
- Ensure growth of revenue in my customer accounts across locations by working along with peer managers and delivery managers.
- Wide gamut of Project Management activities viz., Prepare and Review project plan, identify and mitigate issues & risks, Status reporting, Scheduling, Tracking, Scope and change management, Planning and monitoring using Microsoft Project or Primavera or SAP-PS as per the contract agreement.
- Estimation, budgeting and preparing work schedule and delegate work to the team along with mentoring and motivating them.
- Involve in the requirements elicitation, data analysis and design solution phases for complex and critical projects to ensure on time delivery with quality, technology being Fat wire, Team site etc.
- Presales activities to propose solutions based on client requirements and anchor and drive proposals/RFPs for bringing in new business for existing and new clients.
- Grew the existing account from revenue of USD 60K per month to USD 320K per month in 6 months.
- Could grow the team size from 10 to 45 in my portfolio of accounts.
- Provided successful solutions for 2 clients.
- Contributed to the major win of a new client.
- Successfully coordinated teams in 3 locations with proper communication and tracking.
- All projects executed within the budget and schedule and at CMMI level 5.
- Liaison with external vendors for the training of team members to develop the necessary skills.
- Started a new customer account in my development center
- Could grow the team size from 6 to 20 in my portfolio of accounts.
- Won multiple projects in various technology areas like mainframes, dot net, POS - C-basic etc.
- Implemented master data management for data integrity.
- Design for the synergy project - synergizing the systems of two companies bringing reduction in cost in the clients business by 30%.
- Motivated the team and helped them focus in times of stress due to stringent timelines.
- All projects executed at CMMI level 4 or 5.
Programmer Analyst, Technical Lead
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
- Design and implementation of automating the demurrage system.
- Design and development of Mark to market project which created more visibility of future market prices. This enabled the customer to gain more profits in their trading business.
- Cost reduction for client by executing the project two weeks ahead of schedule.
- Maintained a total of 14 applications and provided enhancements for the various retail systems.
- Provided 24X7 support single handedly.
- Coding, Unit testing, Independent testing, Client Time sheet management.