- An experienced and diversified professional, with over 14 years recognized success within small and large organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in building teams, delivering results, and resolving conflicts in demanding environments.
- Able to bridge the gap between end user expectations and technology constraints while constantly exceeding expectations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Project Risk & Scope
- Project Management & Tracking
- Compliance Reporting
- Vendor Management
- Data Mining
- Asset Management
- Regulatory Lead
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Change Management
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Project Manager for POMS to OMS upgrade at Confidential in Des Moines. This project affected over 3000 staff members and all Mercy patients across multiple facilities. Successful outcome was vital to the accurate order tracking of all medications within the Mercy hospital network in the greater Des Moines area. In charge of the installation and implementation of the new software. This included working closely with Technology and Hospital staff to ensure a smooth transition for patient safety and staff acceptance.
- QA Test Lead for the POMS to OMS upgrade. Worked with both hardware and software vendor to ensure new software package would work with current hardware system and new server OS as expected. As part of the overall transition, developed testing procedures that included working with the staff on User Stories and User Test Scripts. Organized a team of testers to thoroughly test the new system for functionality, performance and usability. Worked with the vendor to track defects and defect resolution. Communicated daily progress to upper management.
- Coordinate vendor activities in relation to medication dispensing systems. Primary contact working with Meditech and Cerner teams in regards to interface issues and new order creation, work with Pyxis and Omnicell vendors closely to resolve issues and install upgrades.
- Assisted with remote testing of Pyxis and Omnicell upgrades prior to implementation.
- Support critical pharmacy order scanning programs such as OMS, Pyxis Connect, HospRX and Omnilink.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Implementation Applications Analyst/QA Lead
- Implementation Team to upgrade WatchChild to Navicare WatchChild in 10 major hospitals across Confidential .
- Tested fail over from one data center to another and back again for Navicare WatchChild.
- Epic Certified for Willow (Pharmacy), worked on Willow build team, & then became Principal Trainer Certified.
- Team member of the Pyxis/Epic Interface build. Worked with Vendor and Business to create test scripts to test Requirements, Functionality and Usability with multiple interfaces and integrations.
- Principal Trainer for both Willow and Hospital Outpatient Departments (trained over 250 end users at Trinity Fort Dodge prior to go - live).
- Member of the Epic Integrated Testing Team. Helped write integrated test scripts for many different types of workflows and one offs for Confidential . Was a SME on workflows between departments for script writing.
- Member of the Change Management/Control Committee for Epic helping make decisions on what updates to allow for both the production and the training environment.
- Built and Administered MST environment for training. This required multiple iterations as the system changed due to defects and requirements.
- Built labels, hardware setup, dispense logic & formulary lists for the pharmacy system.
- Helped convert the lab system orders from Sunquest to Epic.
- Lead barcode SME; Developed requirements for new tool. Researched potential solutions and choose new enterprise scanner hardware, designed and implemented transition. Test lead for integrated testing and MST environment.
Confidential, Incorporated, Des Moines, IA
Information Technology Manager
- Managed 18 plus contractors at a Wells Fargo call center, handled all human resource duties, time card issues and attendance issues.
- Main contact for Wells Fargo Management regarding any Apex contractor issues or concerns.
- Met with prospective employees to interview and followed up with all necessary paperwork.
- Counseled and coached contractors to help improve their customer service skills in accordance with Wells Fargo policies and procedures.
- Developed and implemented reports to determine metrics of how contractors were performing.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Pharmacy Information Support Analyst / Business Analyst
- Performed gap analysis on nursing and anesthesia auditing procedures to restore Broadlawns Medical Center’s CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) accreditation from probation status, allowing the hospital to maintain $20 million of annual funding.
- Designed and implemented system to audit narcotics dispensed at Confidential Outpatient Pharmacy using QS/1, a DOS based system, and ScriptPro, using Access and Excel, to satisfy Iowa Board of Pharmacy Narcotics audit. This allowed Broadlawns Outpatient Pharmacy to maintain its State Pharmacy License and the $144,000 it generates annually.
- Managed cross-functional team to evaluate current pharmacy process and systems in relation to other departments. This led to the discovery of automation functions that eliminated the need for redundant processes and procedures.
- Project Manager for ScriptPro robot, equipment and server upgrade/installation. Coordinated multiple hospital departments to efficiently install a complete hospital automation solution under schedule.
- Pharmacy Project Manager for Alaris Pump Implementation and CQI manager. Coordinated clinical information sessions (JAD) with Business to ensure proper tubing and attachments were acquired prior to implementation allowing a smooth transition to occur. Managed vendor relations to ensure proper installation and quality assurance.
- Manage Vendor relations with QS/1, ScriptPro, and Pyxis Systems. Act as point of contact for hospital with vendors for all outages and upgrades.
- Custom designed reports for Medicaid Audit and State Legislative Committees. Typically this required a short turnaround to meet tight deadlines.
- Investigate possible diversion and/or core documentation practices and make Nursing Directors aware per Joint Commission Guidelines resulting in nursing practice changes and patient safety improvements.
- Member of the Confidential ’s Bedside Medication Verification committee and implementation team. Once completed Confidential went from a Level 4, for information technology, to a Level 6 hospital and qualifies for $2 million+ in Federal Grants.
- Designed and developed database to track prescriptions filled, revenue generated and hours worked for budgeting and scheduling purposes.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Certified Pharmacy Technician, Trainer, Automation Coordinator, Narcotics Inventory Controller
- Managed the necessary repairs and maintenance of AcuDose machines by coordinating with the Vendors.
- Performed regular hospital wide audit of narcotic discrepancies. Met regularly with management to report audit findings and work through solutions.
- Asset Management for critical pharmacy inventory.
- Lead trainer for new employees on pharmacy procedures, process and systems.
- Produced Quality Assurance/Compliancy reporting for hospital pharmaceutical compliancy in the areas of narcotics, patient billing and drug management systems.
- Backed up several management roles to cover information sensitive areas of pharmacy management for vacations/PTO.