IT professional with 15+ years experience developing and managing information technology projects. Has been an active practitioner of all aspects and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Experienced in waterfall and agile methodologies, has managed multiple software development projects from planning through design and implementation and has consistently applied Earned Value and Risk Management to monitor and control projects. Values process improvement, team building and team consensus to establish trust within his project teams. He has contributed to the attainment of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3 for two companies. In both cases, his projects were selected to represent the company as part of successful site CMMI appraisals.
SKILL AREAS:Project Management: Agile Methodologies, Earned Value Management, Risk Management, Organizational Development Analysis, Coaching, Six Sigma
Databases: MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Microsoft Access, JIRA
Platforms : Windows XP, WebSphere, MVS, VM,
Software : Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Managed the development and maintenance of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Resource Exchange and the Homelessness Resource Exchange (HRE) Web sites for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The NSP site is designed as a one - stop shop for information and resources needed by NSP grantees, sub-recipients and developers needed to purchase, rehabilitate and resell foreclosed properties. The HRE Web site provides online information, resources, technical assistance and training resources on assisting people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. All interfaces are developed in standard HTML and ColdFusion within a Model-Glue framework supporting a MySql database.
Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis
- Provided strategic and business planning support, policy analysis, and aviation security subject matter expertise supporting several acquisition programs in the Transportation Security Administration’s Office of Security Technology. Supported the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) Aviation Security Working Group by providing project management and integrated work planning. Reviewed risk management plans related to aviation security and identified gaps and overlaps in requirements, policy decisions and funding plans within the NEXTGEN Integrated Work Plan. Performed gap analyses to identify critical decision points, dependencies and policy deficiencies that affected milestone goals and implementation plans of other NEXTGEN components.
- Managed a four member human capital team that provided workforce analysis and human capital strategic planning for the Acquisition Directorate of the United States Coast Guard. He developed a series of workforce forecasting tools that were used as an enterprise wide workforce skills forecasting methodology.
Task Order Manager
Confidential, Alexandria, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Managed customer facing Web sites and .Net client-server applications designed to allow the public to search and retrieve relevant Trademark application documents and status. A product catalog and Trademark library makes it easy for customers to identify existing and pending applications that may be associated with their own application. Conducted customer alliance management, workforce analysis, project planning, project oversight, earned value management, risk management, budget oversight as well as employee development in a diverse, complex, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
Confidential, Falls Church, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Organized all logistics activities required to plan and successfully perform an SEI CMMI Level 3 appraisal. Performed activities needed to conduct Class C, Class B, and Class A appraisals and facilitated lessons learned sessions at various phases of the appraisal process.
- Maintenance Manager of a team of software engineers responsible for guaranteeing the reliability and availability of the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), a system developed for the United States Department of Education. NSLDS provides a tool for the Department to detect instances of fraud and abuse as well as saving the government over $1 billion in attempts to secure loans by individuals already in default.
- Pioneered a series of bi-weekly idea and technical exchange sessions among members of the NSLDS Integrated Product Team that fostered and maintained a knowledge sharing culture.
- Established a ten member process improvement team dedicated to enhancing the accuracy and consistency of all software delivery procedures. The recommendations were adopted and significantly improved the processes by decreasing defects by over 95%.
- Led NSLDS task order software development projects and managed user acceptance testing and client relationship with the U.S. Department of Education customer. The project employed waterfall and agile software development methodologies and was successfully assessed for compliance with SEI CMMI level 3 requirements.
Lockheed Martin Federal Systems, Manassas, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Conceived and mentored a team to improve the quality and integrity of NSLDS federal student loan data for the Department of Education.
- Designed and implemented formal code inspection procedures to improve software quality and provide an opportunity for software engineers to share programming techniques.
- Performed all formal unit and integration testing and collaborated with the Department of Education customer in performing user acceptance testing for the NSLDS application. Crafted contractual test results reports.
Software Project Leader/Analyst
IBM, Lockheed Martin, Manassas, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Supervised and led teams in gathering business requirements and implementing automated interactive document information and retrieval systems, a supply support system and an environmental health system that tracked the use and storage of hazardous chemicals. Responsibilities included but were not limited to requirements analysis, project planning, database design, database administration, EVM, risk management, program design, software coding and testing, standards development, integration testing and user training.
- Participated in the site’s initial CMMI Level 3 appraisal. This candidate’s project was selected for the appraisal as a strong example of established, mature, consistent processes. Also initiated a department defect prevention program and was a representative to the site Defect Prevention Council.