Have excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills. Enjoy the opportunity to work with others in a team - oriented position. Organized, thoughtful, and disciplined. Excel under pressure and a proven leader. Proficient at coordinating multiple tasks, implementing viable solutions to problem areas, and successfully completing the most challenging mission-critical projects.
Project Management Office (PMO) Manager, Confidential,
Managed the daily activities of a Project Management Office specializing in business analysis and project management training, high-tech computer networking, new product introduction (NPI), and wireless (cellular and WAN) industry projects. Additionally, managed overall project portfolio risk management, contract management, schedule and cost control, and overall project portfolio quality assurance. Establish project management methodology, policies, and procedures for delivering all projects including project life cycle process, lessons learned database, estimation process, cost control process, and schedule control process.
- Consulted on IT project management processes and policies at MD Anderson.
- Developed course materials and instructed in project management and business analysis.
- Consulted with Leander Independent School District’s IT department on project management processes.
- Managed deployment of 3G service for Cingular Wireless including UMTS, SS7 over ATM, HLR, and Sigtran.
Project Manager - Confidential
Managed the daily activities of a new product introduction (NPI) effort to deliver the water utility industry’s first residential solid state water meter for North America. Duties included project risk management, contract management, schedule and cost control, and overall project quality assurance. Core project team consisted of multiple people from several different countries ranging in skill sets from non-degreed draftsman to PhD scientists. Budget for project was in excess of six million dollars. Established project management methodology, policies, and procedures for delivering all projects including project life cycle process, lessons learned database, estimation process, cost control process, and schedule control process.
- Completed development of the company’s first detailed Product Requirements Document (PRD).
- Completed development of the company’s first detailed New Product Introduction (NPI) life cycle.
- Key employee in the management of negotiations for a Manufacturing Service Agreement (MSA) with Jabil Circuits.
WAN Project Manager - Confidential,
Managed daily aspects of WAN projects to include risk management, customer interface, schedule and cost control, and overall project quality for the largest national service provider of fixed wireless and fiber wide area networks for K-12 school
districts. Trillion managed over 200,000 miles of networks and provided services to over 1,500 schools coast to coast in the United States specializing in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining wireless and fiber wide area network systems and providing value added secure network and voice services to help school districts deliver better educational outcomes.
- Designed and deployed a Layer 3 network diagram tool that reduced development time by 80%.
- Managed a total of five network projects (some exceeding 1000 miles) and two development projects.
- Reviewed and consulted on PMO processes that resulted in the unification of test metrics and overall cohesiveness.
Program Manager - Confidential
Managed daily aspects of the metering technology for HP’s Utility Computing Program (Pay per Use). Managed technology selection, customer satisfaction, quality, introduction of new software versions (NPI) leveraging CMM processes, support plan development, continuing improvement, manufacturing, and product roadmap. Worked with a cross-functional team from Supply Chain, R&D, product marketing, and HP Financial Services to deliver $30M deals. Defined and managed processes as wells as developed and drove project plans. Managed metering escalations and acted as a single point of contact for customers and HP groups.
- Assisted with the establishment of a Support Center in India.
- Reduced maximum customer billings from 29 to 0 within four months.
- Increased monthly customer billing measurements from 88% to 98% within six months.
- Senior member of the team that delivered the IT industry’s first Windows Utility Computing Solution.
Program Manager - Confidential
Managed the delivery of some of the most powerful fault-tolerant solutions in the world (99.999+% up-time). These systems powered more than 100 stock and commodity exchanges, including 14 of the world's largest; they supported 95 percent of the world's securities transactions; they helped process two out of every three credit card transactions and three out of every four electronic funds transfers; and they helped control 65 percent of the world's telecom infrastructure. Responsibilities included analyzing and managing project milestones; communicating schedule impacts to cross-functional project teams/virtual teams and escalating as necessary to maintain project plan integrity. Monitored and reported project progress versus milestones ensuring manufacturability and testability of new and existing products with a constant focus on value engineering. Created, reviewed, and approved Engineering Change Notices, Process Change Requests, and developed Manufacturing Plans. Coordinated with customers, marketing, operations, engineering, logistics, materials, software, production, and suppliers to ensure timely design and materials delivery in support of new/existing product builds. Delivered 2.5G and 3G SS7 solutions to the telecommunications market.
- Senior member of the Non Stop Engineering Division Component End of Life Core Team.
- Senior member of the team that delivered the telco industry’s first fault-tolerant SNMP solution running an SCTP protocol.
Corporate Information Technology Manager - Confidential,
Managed all activities associated with implementation and operation of the IT Department.
- Designed and implemented corporate intranet used to conduct 100% of the corporation’s business.
- Created IT department, hired personnel, and wrote policies and procedures leading to ISO 9002 certification.
- Implemented production control and computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) solution that processed 100% of the corporation’s orders across two states.
Project Management Office (PMO) Manager - Confidential,
Managed all project and corporate operations at BTI as well as all activities related to the establishment of the PMO.