Obtain the Transportation Engineer Position in Aerotek, SC that will utilize my education, professional skills, and experience.
- Team - oriented professional eager and willing to lead and work collaboratively with colleagues to successfully achieve goals and expectations.
- Familiar with Highway Capacity Manual and MUTCD, Traffic analysis and Forecasting, FTA compliance requirements, implementation of traffic calming program, data collection, and traffic impact studies.
- Have more than eight years experience as a Civil Engineer
- Familiar with Synchro/SimTraffic, GIS, AutoCAD, Highway Capacity Software (HCS) , and other software packages
- Experience with MS Office Excel, MS Office Word, MS Office Power Point, MS Office Access, MS Office Outlook, MS Office Publisher.
RELATED JOB HISTORY/DUTIES:
- Participate in a range of transportation planning projects and activities in consultation with supervisor and other staff; communicate status of projects and activities to appropriate personnel.
- Analyze transportation policies; identifies problems and potential solutions.
- Research and evaluate existing and proposed local and regional transportation plans, projects, and policies
- Prepare analyses or recommendations based on data from studies and surveys for Hennepin County with population of 1,168 million and area of 806 square miles.
- Review and analyze the parking operations program, research options in preparation to make changes in energy savings, water efficiency, and improved indoor environmental quality using LEED principals.
- Prepare Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) for Management and Operation of Hennepin County Parking Facilities
- Participate in the Facility Preservation projects and the department's sustainability initiative.
Economic Development Intern
- Participates on behalf of the City in various local and regional intergovernmental transportation planning activities; facilitates information exchange regarding transportation planning between the Planning, Economic Development and Public Works Departments departments, outside agencies, advisory committees, and the community.
- Participate in the review of development proposals and plans for compliance with applicable regulations policies and standards
- Prepare a Central Business District Parking Research encompassing an area of 23 city blocks and approximately 3700 parking stalls
- Provide construction inspection and oversight on various roadway construction projects
- Participate in the review of traffic impact studies to evaluate environmental and operational considerations of projects and provides comments or appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that all project documents are distributed, reviewed, and stored to meet project and corporate requirements
- Evaluate and apply standard city techniques, procedures and criteria
- Develop and maintain project schedules, perform basic calculations and prepare construction plans.
Confidential, Simferopol, UkraineResponsibilities:
- Prepare constructible roadway plans, detail drawings and project specifications
- Participate in performing of roadway design calculations that include but not limited to horizontal and vertical roadway alignment, and superelevation.
- Provide construction inspection and oversight on various roadway construction projects.
- Participate in preparing of erosion control plans, signing and marking plans.
- Prepare regulatory permit applications, submit for permits, monitor submittals through the review process, and revise plans as needed to obtain approval from the permitting agency.
- Proactively monitor projects to identify and address financial, safety and liability issues, develop and maintain written project scopes of work.