Versatile leader with experience planning and directing IT service management initiatives spanning multiple locations. Record of improving efficiency, quality, and productivity. Adept at establishing customer - focused best practices. Expertise in program planning and management. Recognized as highly-effective and motivating manager. Analytical, articulate, and solution-oriented.
- IT Service Management
- Project Leadership
- ITIL Program Management
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Business Continuity Planning
- Staff Mentoring & Development
- Ongoing Process Improvement
Director, Infrastructure & Operations
Mentor, develop, and direct managers and associates within Information Lifecycle Management Product Support Team, Production Services Team, Resolution Center & Network Security Teams, and Operations Improvement Team as well as infrastructure project managers. Manage Operations Team, monitoring key systems and networks in enterprise data center locations on 24/7 basis. As major incident communications captain, create critical situation processes and communication templates. Spearhead annual operating and capital budget request process and management of budgets valued up to $10 million. Conduct infrastructure planning meetings.
- Turned around desktop computing infrastructure project, completing implementation and device re-image process to update 500 desktops at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland location pilot, which led to implementation across organization of 90,000 devices. Achieved success through effective resource management and reassessment of scope of application re-packaging effort.
- Partnered with Network Security Team regarding development of Security Operations Center to monitor and thwart potential threats to secure networks occur.
- Guided centralization and standardization of backup/recovery processes to single team, consolidating TSM Server Support and TSM Client Server support from local resources to centralized ILM Team.
- Expedited back-up data storage process 40% by managing implementation of centralized storage GRID.
- Served in executive capacity for Columbus Genesis Go-Live. Consolidated acute care EHR implementation, managing multiple shifts.
- Orchestrated ERP and EIDS infrastructure/application movement from DR Enterprise Data Center to Production Enterprise Data Center to make room for other critical DR systems.
- Reduced open internal audit items from 160 to 117 in 2011 upon initial accountability transition.
Senior Manager, Confidential / Production Services,
Held accountability for Production Services Team, Infrastructure Project Managers, Backup and Recovery Product Support Team, TIS Admin/IRMS Product Support Team, Report Distribution Product Support Team, and Homecare/Long Term Care Product Support Team. Managed issue resolution, customer request completion, regulatory compliance, and software upgrade requirements. Participated in small work group to develop annual and 5-year strategic capital/operating budget planning process for projects valued up to $15,000,000. Managed annual operating and capital budget request strategy, including oversight of IBM and Gartner studies of Confidential environment for gap analysis and strategic plan roadmap.
- Drove on-time and on-budget project delivery by optimizing statement of work technical review process.
- Reduced software pricing by 30% and consolidated annual software maintenance renewals by negotiating annual Enterprise Software and Services agreement with IBM.
- Developed and presented information lifecycle management strategy, including oversight of IBM and Gartner studies of Confidential environment for gap analysis and strategic plan roadmap.
Manager, Product Support,
Led multiple software product support teams, including TIS Admin/IRMS Product Support Team, Report Distribution Product Support Team, Physician Office Services Product Support Team and Homecare/Long Term Care Product Support Team. Oversaw issue resolution, customer request completion, regulatory compliance, and software upgrades. Provided third level on-call support for all teams. Directed change management, quality assurance, service level agreement management, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity planning.
- Directed implementation of centralized CBISA online application, including contract negotiation, project planning, and coordination with other departments.
- Transitioned Silver Spring Horizon Homecare application support from local team to centralized TIS HLC Application Support Team, moving servers and data from Silver Spring MO Homecare Agency to Production Enterprise data center. Resulted in savings of support personnel and maintenance costs.
- Led integration of Vista Plus Admin team into tier 3 application support team model.
- Created and implemented plan for TIS Genesis Report Coordination resource and creation of MO report coordination role to facilitate selection and implementation of reports within Genesis Phase II implementation projects, specifically for Cerner, Healthquest, and Revenue Solution Warehouse.
- Partnered with Horizon Homecare vendor to create and test application changes to drive smooth delivery of software changes to clinical laptops in field and significantly improved reliability.
Interim Client Services Manager,
Identified and delivered IT services to Trinity Continuing Care Services and Trinity Home Health Services member organizations, consistently meeting service level agreements. Served on HIPAA Work Group Teams. Scheduled, organized, and conducted bi-monthly Information Service Council meetings. Met with customers biweekly to address issues and identify new service requests. Helped develop IT strategic plans.
Manager, Product Support,
Team Lead, Product Support,
Supervised and developed members of Resource Scheduling Product Support Team. Oversaw issue/problem resolution, regulatory compliance, and software upgrades. Conducted bi-weekly team prioritization meetings. Directed change management process. Provided second level on-call support.
- Co-managed Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Pathways Healthcare Scheduling $2 million multi-year implementation project, which resulted in central scheduling model spanning Surgery Services, Radiology Services, Rehab Services, Endoscopy Services, Vascular Lab Services, and Pain Clinic Services.
- Led initiative to update and improve Pathways Healthcare Scheduling project management guidelines.
- Managed Project Genesis Pathways Healthcare Scheduling and OMNI Surgery System conversion programs, which involved updates to applications to facilitate integration with other systems.
Senior Systems Analyst, Product Support, Resource Scheduling Team,
Directed go-live of first hospital department at Battle Creek location, working through database build phase, pre-activation phase, and activation phase of project.
Senior Systems Analyst, Product Support, HR/Payroll Team,
Led all phases of critical system implementations that spanned 13 locations within Mercy Health Services, ranging from definition of specifications through testing and support. Applications included MedSeries 4 Payroll/Personnel and ShowCase Strategy applications. Developed and implemented customer-driven software enhancements, eventually incorporated into vendor’s base product.