- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate with multi - disciplinary teams of engineers delivering high performance, low cost product and manufacturing technologies from research to market on time and on budget. A leader in defining methodologies used to turn more research elements into products and processes faster.
- Strong technical design, modeling, and statistical background; excellent leadership vision, systematic planning, and two-way communication skills. Over 20 years of research and development experience, including 10 years progressively responsible management experience.
- Extensive experience leading teams and managing large facilities with diverse equipment.
- I am a true professional with a deep understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction and customer service.
- CNC Machining Process Development
- Automation Manufacturing Development
- Welding Process Development
- Assembly Process Development
- Sheet Metal Process Development
- Injection Molding Experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Powder Coating Technology
- ISO 9001 Experience
- Statistical Process Control
- Energy Conservation
- Gage R&R
- Design of Experiments
- FEA and failure analysis
- Total Quality Management, 5S
- Six Sigma
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Complex Problem Solving
- Stress Analysis Training
- HVAC and BAC Resident Expert
- Cost Reduction Expert
- AutoCad Experience
- Facility Floor Layout Design
- Pro-E Experience
- Microsoft Office Software Expert
- Tooling and Gage Design
- Process Mapping
- Process Control Plans
- Engine Components, Pumps and Fuel System Knowledge
- Federal, State & Local Code Experience For New & Existing Structures
- Advanced Critical Thinking
- Quick Learner
- Team Leadership
- Manufacturing Systems Integration
- Strong Technical Problem Solver
- Works Well in Diverse Teams
- Strong Decision Maker
- Multidiscipline Exposure
- Manufacturing Process Controls
- Exceptional Interpersonal Communication
- Budget Development
- Staff Training Development
- Consistently Meets Goals
- Efficient Multi-Tasking
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Organized Leadership
- Deadline Oriented
- Engineering Personnel Recruiting
- Customer Service and Satisfaction Goal Oriented
Confidential, Kenosha, WILead Automation Engineer
- As a Lead Automation Engineer we ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts.
- Provide proper training to the Facility Engineers and Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems and facility support equipment, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed.
- Strong project management skills, effective communication skills, be self-directed, and have the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Management of all building support equipment and control systems
- New building project supplier contract negotiations
- Insure existing and new structures are compliant to corporate, local, state and federal codes
- Perform Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE’s (5000)
- Allen Bradley PLC processers (Compact Logix and Control Logix and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS.
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the facilities team.
- Responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development and weekly conference calls. Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- Actively participate in local or network level control projects and Kaizens.
Confidential, Crystal Lake, IL.
Automation Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide comprehensive diagnostics of various automation systems and effective solutions
- Design, configure, integrate and implement process control solutions for various manufacturing, packaging and distribution of products
- Work effectively in cross functional teams to resolve software and hardware objectives
- Develop user requirements specifications
- Excellent problem resolution utilizing excellent problem solving techniques
- Maintain, improve, test and document PLC and HMI software changes
- Develop control system validation/testing protocols
- Specify and purchase process instrumentation and controls
- Specify and purchase PLCs, drives, and other electrical components and equipment
- Maintain electrical panel and facilities schematics
- Develop and maintain factory floor plan drawings
- Provide estimates of man-hours required to complete projects.
- Manage automation facility development projects as assigned
- Manage and monitor progress of projects and provide reporting documentation as required
- Install, test, and start-up control systems and facility support equipment on-site
- Train operators and technicians on control systems and various automation technology
Consultant, Manufacturing Engineering
Confidential, Lake County, IL
- Perform machine automation design projects for various small to medium size manufacturing companies in the areas of CNC machining, electronic component manufacture, assembly automation, and material handling systems
- Manage awarded contracts for mechanical and automation equipment process design and build from concept to final acceptance and delivery
- Provide in-house manufacturing and process engineering consulting for local businesses in the areas of design, process mapping, verification and validation, and documentation control
- Electro Static Discharge consultant for various electronic component manufacturers per ANSI/ESD S20.20-1999
- Provide PLC integration to existing and new manufacturing lines for automation upgrades utilizing Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 and MicroLogix programming software for both DC and AC systems
- Develop design concepts and drawings for work holding and production fixturing utilizing Autodesk Inventor
- Conduct machine, fixture, gage and process qualification runoffs and produce acceptance documentation for clients
- Provide industrial manufacturing floor plan design and layouts per customer capital project requirements
- Provide services and training for manufacturing clients in the areas of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing in the areas of 5S, process mapping, SPC, problem solving, Kaizen events, demand flow pull systems, takt and cycle time resolution, and documentation control
- Managed new product development teams including the disciplines of product, manufacturing, quality, process, and test engineering
- Coordinated all aspects of assigned product production including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication and operation of product designs.
- Investigated equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and made appropriate maintenance recommendations.
- Led project scheduling and budgeting to successfully and quickly complete engineering projects.
- Specified system components and directed product modifications to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Developed cost estimates, procured equipment and tracked construction progress to efficiently complete large scale projects.
- Managed design and manufacturing teams to build proprietary process equipment within cost and time constraints.
- Managed laboratory process standards and procedures for the commercial and refrigeration product groups including, vibration, acoustics, ESD, mechanical and electrical product reliability compliance
- Responsible for factory floor plan layout design and development for large capital investment projects and continuous maintenance ongoing
- Planned and evaluated results of analysis, modeling and experiments
- Developed and tested models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modifications
- Conducted research that tests and analyzes the feasibility of design, operation and performance of production equipment components and systems
- Developed internal processes and plans for mechanical verification for product development and factory processes
- As Senior Technical Management responsible for the implementation, training, documentation trail and continuous compliance to ISO 9001 standards
- Promoted and implemented continuous process improvement principles at multi-functional levels organization wide
- Strengthened the companies market position by leading a team of diverse engineers in the development and manufacturing implementation of the worlds first R134a marine grade single standalone 7.5 ton scroll compressor
- Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new programs
- Performed team member annual performance appraisals
Confidential, Huntington, IN.Senior Engineer
- Engineered and managed large scale projects converting manual manufacturing processes into semi and fully automated processes
- Responsible for plant floor layout design and improvements for assigned factory footprint area
- Successful implementation of solder wave technology on assigned manufacturing lines
- Designed, procured and implemented final quality control product test burn in units to guarantee field reliability of manufactured product
- Managed and coordinated the engineering aspects for the successful $10m acquisition of Parker Electronics, Inc. and integration of products and processes into the United Technologies Electronic Controls facility
- Large scale capital equipment procurement including feasibility, design modifications, fixture design, machine capability, process capability, ESD compliance and manufacturing runoff capability reporting
- Successfully managed capital and process engineering budgets to meet company objectives
- Responsible for transformer and motor manufacturing process development utilizing high speed stamping equipment and continuous roll hearth annealing furnaces
- Utilized SPC, SQC and Gage R&R principles to maintain process and product capability to customer expectations
- Progressive and compound die tooling design; process and quality control gage design; process mapping to develop efficient low cost manufacturing flow
- Capital machinery feasibility studies, appropriation, procurement and capital runoff statistical studies
- Extensive AutoCad tooling and fixture design
- Development of process control documentation and training for manufacturing personnel