- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Complete Experience in both Software Development cycle(SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Experience in working with Agile Environment and even different kinds of environments of SDLC
- Experience in testing Both the Client/Server Web based, Desktop applications.
- Extensive experience in implementing customized testing processes that involves requirements review, test planning, test design, test development, test execution, test defect reporting and tracking.
- Experience in prioritizing and scheduling all relevant test efforts as per the overall project schedule.
- Involved in project requirements, integration, defect and process review meetings.
- Involved in Planning and Translation of Software Business Requirements into test conditions, execution of all types of tests.
- Experienced in using Quality Center, RQM, Clear Case,IBM Rational Clear Quest, Quick Test Pro and MS Office for creating Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Having experience in performing end to end testing of ecommerce software, UI, and software testing
- Extensive experience in using Testing tools such as WinRunner, QTP, LoadRunner, TestDirector/Quality Center, Fitnesse, Microsoft Stress tool, Fitnesse, Rally and Apache JMeter.
- Having experience in TSYS (Total System Service).
- Worked on Hibernate for mapping the java objects to relational database and SQL queries to fetch the data, insert and update the data from the database.
- Expertise in developing automation scripts in BDD format using Cucumber and Proficient in writing cucumber scenarios in GHERKIN format
- Having experience with ATM Teller Machines.
- Hands on experience in Coded UI Automation, Selenium, Unit Test Automation, NUnit, Gherkins
- End - to-end manual and automated testing, functional andregression testingof the Application.
- Writing and executing test cases using Coded UI with MTM(Microsoft Test Manager).
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid using Core Java, C# for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE and MS Visual Studio.
- Work with the client to get requirements for the automation of ATM Scripts.
- Experience with Mobile Automation Tool Device and Appium automation framework
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios in Gherkin format and Step Definitions in Ruby.
- Experience in using the open source API testing tools like SOAPUI and Postman for functional /regression /performance testing & test automation of SOAP/RESTful Web Services
- Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS and Git.
- Excellent in developing end to end automation using HP QTP (Quick Test Professional) / UFT (Unified Functional Testing) Automation scripts for - GUI testing, IPT Testing, Data base Validations, XML Validations
- Strong experience creating and executing test scripts using QTP and MS Visual Studio Test Software (VSTS).
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing, which includes Functional, Integration, System, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Good experience in mobile testing using APPIUM in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Design and development of web API with Visual Studio, ASP.Net MVC5, C#.
- Heavily emphasized and involved in documentation throughout the QA life cycle.
- Worked on software applications including Client / Server, Stand-alone and Web-based at different phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong experience in automation using UFT(Formerly QTP) and selenium tools
- Experience in analyzing the DOM Layout, Java Script functions, Cascading Styles across cross-browsers using Fire Bug, Developer Tool Bar
- Developed QTP/UFT reusable components like Function Libraries, Object Repository and Framework Related Driver.
- Having experience in SOA tester
- Experience in scripting languages like Unix Shell and Java Script .
- Having experience in java programming, selenium WebDriver, Junit and TestNg
- Performed GUI, Ad-Hoc, Smoke, Positive, Negative, Configuration, Performance, Load, Stress and Regression Testing, Functionality, Data Validation, Unit, Integration, End-to-End and System Testing.
- Possess excellent skills in Bug Reporting using HPALM, Rational Clear Quest.
- Reviewed and designed Test Scenarios and Test Cases in full Software Development Life Cycle
- Involved in finding requirement issues and tracking them to closure.
- Have been part of IPT (Integrated Program Testing) and APT (Application Program Testing) Regression - Automation as well as Manual
- Having experience into AVRO
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Did extensive work with ETL testing including data completeness, data transformation and data quality for various data feeds coming from source.
- Experienced in automation in BDD environment using Jenkin and Cucumber for cross-browser testing
- Prepared Test reports, Defect Summary report by using the bug-tracking tools like BugZilla, Rational Clear Quest and HP Quality Center.
- Experienced in different Banking Domains like ATM, Insurance, Mortgage Solutions and Banking Financial.
- Experience in test automation using Java/TestNG, Python, Ruby, and Selenium (IDE/RC)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills and also a strong ability to learn new tools and technologies in short span and implement independently.
Architectures: 2-Tier, SOA, Standalone Applications
Testing Area: System Requirement Analysis, GUI Testing, functional testing, Integration Testing, Stress/Load testing, white box, Black box techniques and Manual Testing.
Operating Systems: Windows2000/2003/XP/Vista, MAC, Unix, Linux.
Testing tools: Selenium, SOAP UI, REST Client, HP Quality Center, QTP, Cucumber, JMeter,Rally,Microsoft Test Manager,Coded UI, Appium,IBM tools RQM
Defect Tracking tools: Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, BugZilla, JIRA, Visual studio.
Languages: C, C#, Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, .Net, Python.
Internet Programming: JSP, HTML, DHTML, XML
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, SQL Report Manager
Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss, Tomcat
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
Domains: Health Care, Banking, Insurance
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Actively participated Agile and scrum meetings, review and developed test scenarios.
- Actively participated in designing and documenting the project
- Recorded and play back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Created Test Data using Oasis
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Exported Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework.
- Performed Unit and Integration testing using JUnit and Mockito
- Added annotations to the test. (selenium)
- Using money and debit cards to perform general ATM functions such as withdrawals, deposits and balance checks.
- Used IBM Rational Quality Manager RQM to plan, develop, execute, and report on test plan
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Developed web-based applications using python.
- Created and Executed Automated Coded UI Tests.
- Created process models for the interfaces using webmethods Designer.
- Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works to perform some backend functionalities.
- Developed Business logic components in C# and Data access layer components using ADO.Net, C# and HTML.
- Examine the results of test to pinpoint defects in the application.
- Proven ability in writing JAVA,Python, JUnit, C# scripts and JAVA, C#.Net projects automation.
- Extensively used C#.Net for developing the user controls.
- Extensively used Rational Quality manager RQM to Create and execute detailed test steps and procedures to manually to validate system functionality, integration
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver,Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems. (validation)
- SQL Queries for backend testing
- Design and development of Data Access Module to handle the entire request from the application to the database using ADO.Net.
- Performed BDD (BehaviorDrivenDevelopment), ATDD (AcceptanceTestDrivenDevelopment) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Created automation scripts inSOAP UI using Groovy Script to test the web services (SOAP and REST).
- Involved in creating the Coded UI Test and Ordered Test.
- Automate test cases using Jenkin and Cucumber creating feature files.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Created a Hybrid Test Automation Framework: Data-Driven, Keyword / Modular
- Integrated Different tools to perform the System Validation testing
- Performed white box testing to get to know the principals of the application
- Performed automation testing as per the user stories using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG and Cucumber.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Performed white box testing once the new build has been deployed.
- Experience in performing the performance testing using HP Load Runner
- Expertise in using TFS with MTM (Microsoft Test Manager) to create and run TestScripts.
- Performed Back End validation testing using different kinds of tools like Rumba, Web Ammo
- Defect Maintenance, Tracking, using HPALM
- Implemented automation using Selenium Webdriver, Grid, Java, Maven and Cucumber.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Automation test Engineer
- Analyze Business requirements, use cases and Design Documents to develop test efforts in the Test Plan and generate test scenarios and test cases
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Involved in Developing Test Plans for Unit testing, Integration testing of the application from the Business requirements documents and Technical Specifications.
- Perform responsibilities of developing test scripts by using SOA test tools
- Developed and implemented quality-assurance and quality-control methodologies to ensure compliance with QA standards
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing
- Involved in Developing Test Plans for User Acceptance Testing from the Business requirements documents and Technical Specifications.
- Used IBM Rational Quality Manager RQM to plan, develop, execute, and report on test plan.
- Performed testing extensively for integration and unit testing of standalone and distributed GUI based on applications and GUI less SOA Web Services
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using PVCS tracker, QC and Rally .
- Established Hybrid Framework in Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber in core Java for automation testing.
- Identified and created a repository of Test Conditions in MS Excel.
- Setup Jasmine and Selenium/IDE for unit and functional testing
- Created other types of validations like schema compliance, soap fault, response time. Groovy scripting is used to create complex validation scripts.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Translated Test conditions into Test Scripts for testing the Billing applications
- Identified and assigned the Input and Expected data for each test script after creating a test database.
- Identified and created Defect Reporting Process.
- Groovy scripting is used to create complex validation scripts.
- Executing scripts in RQM as well as ALM for Regression testing.
- Created JMeter scripts to perform the load, volume, stress and capacity testing.
- Utilized testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, JUnit, and NUnit to build test suites
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Git and Maven.
- Involved in modules of web methods, SOAP web services based SOA testing.
- Participated in writing the Automation test scripts according to the business requirements
- Created Cucumber feature files comprising of various Test Scenarios and Java step files.
- Created Integration automation framework using Cucumber and Jenkins Plug-In.
- Creates, review and manage Automated Tests Suites using coded UI.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Used ADO.NET Database Connectivity for storage and retrieval of data from Database
- Executed the UNIX shell scripts that invoked SQL loader to load data into tables.
- Carried out Functional, Integration and Regression testing of the application.
- Good experience in designing and development of web services using C#.Net.
- Conducted system, integration, and scalability testing of the product.
- Reviewed Error log files in UNIX box when order fails to load into SQL tables.
- Continuously maintained and updated test documentation for my areas of responsibility.
- Work on SOAP UI (Simple Object Access Protocol) Request/Response to test Web Service/API calls.
- Used TFS to report bugs and to maintain product backlog items.
- Validate SOAP Response results with Data Source/Loop for Iterations
Environment: Selenium web driver, Java, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, Git, Apache Tomcat, IBM RQM,Cucumber, Jenkins, Java Script, HTML, MySQL, Appium,Quality Center, Jbehave, Rally,Ruby,Coded UI Automation,MS Visual Studio.Net, Java Script, SOA Tester, Spring, SOAP UI, JMeter, BDD, Agile.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
Web Services Tester
- Worked with Business users to understand user's requirement for creating Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Participated in requirement and design reviews.
- Involved in sequential testing using the Waterfall Approach
- Performed Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Conducted load testing to ensure the billing systems performance is not impacted.
- Extensively used Mercury Quality center for defect management.
- Used APPIUM for creating a f app
- Using java scripting to write the test scripts on graphic programming
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of the Mobile Applications
- Implemented mobile automation framework using APPIUM. Developed automation test Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms. Used emulators and simulators to test the application virtually.
- Used QTP to record and run reported test cases for general purpose reporting
- Involved and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Subject Matter Experts (SME) & UAT Team
- Automation and Manual Testing of Application using Coded UI.
- Conducted online regression testing involving various business processes including - Online customer Verification, Online Finances Verification and Online Invoices Verification.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI tool.
- Creating XML scripts in Soap UI for web service testing
- Created XML scripts for Web Services testing
- Wrote automated scripts for angular JS application using Protractor and Java scripts
- Worked on Android and IOS devices to develop the mobile application
- Created Test Scripts in Soap UI pro for Web Services Testing
- Involved in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Verified ETL logs and reject/discard files for errors and reported them to development team
- Involved in backend testing with SQL, check the data integrity and referential integrity.
- Worked with multiple teams on assigned projects.
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) testing is implemented using Cucumber.
- Creating Automation Scripts (VBScript) in the sprints and stored them in the Test-Plan module of Quality Center
- Preparation of test cases based on ETL specification document.
- Used testing tools like QuickTest Professional and Coded UI
- Involved in using CVS, Git, for project management and version management.
- Performed manual testing to check the functionality.
- Successfully coordinated UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with business users.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Implemented Business logic, data exchange, XML processing and graphics creation using python
- Used Unit Test python library for testing many programs on python and other codes.
- Developed Key-word driven automation framework with VSTS 2013, Angular.JS and Protractor Web-Driver
- Log and track customer information in the Case Tracking System, supplying accurate and thorough documentation of customer problems and support activity
- Performed interoperability testing
- Was involved in weekly and monthly meetings
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
- Involved in writing test cases for the system testing
- Designed automation test cases by using Java, Junit, Maven and selenium Webdriver.
- Hands on experience and expertise in managing projects that follow Agile Methodology.
- Involved in different sessions with business to gather the business requirements
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms
- Implemented POM (Page object Model) automated scripts and frame works
- Used BDD framework with cucumber, java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files
- Used QTP 9.2 to record and run reported test cases for general purpose reporting
- Used HP load runner and performance testing tool.
- Involved in checking the performance of the application using different kinds of performance checking tools
- Following up with developers as to the status of JIRA and ensuring that the issues are resolved
- Involved in testing the performance of the whole application
- Wrote Java Script, used Descriptive Programming by QTP automation tool and executed test scripts.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI Tool
- Extensively used HP Quality center for defect management
- Used Integration testing tools.
- Conducted Load Testing to ensure the billing systems performance is not impacted
Environment: Java, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, Apache Tomcat, Cucumber, Java Script, HTML, JIRA, MySQL, HpQualityCenter, Microsoft .Net Framework3.5, HP Load Runner, BDD, Hibernate, ASP.net, Junit, SOAP UI, Agile, Methodology, QTP.
Manual Test Engineer
- Prepared test plan and test cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
- Tested sequentially based on Waterfall methodology.
- Performed white box testing by analyzing code
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases
- Reviewed the test cases written for unit and Integration level
- Attended weekly status meetings, Discussed and interacted with team members
- Performed end to end testing and involved in user acceptance testing
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing)
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the backend,
- Client interactions for requirement understanding and processes followed
- Execution of test cases and Defect Management using HP Quality Center 10.0
Environment: Manual testing, HP Quality Center, Java, spring,XML, HTML, MY SQL Server, and windows.
Manual Test Engineer
- Created and executed Test Cases, analyzed results and reported discrepancies.
- Conducted compatibility tests with multiple operating systems, software programs, and network environments.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented software defects in program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
- Identified program variance from functional requirements and recommended modifications.
- Validate the forms and verified the data in data base.
- Created test data to validate the application.
- Tested based on Waterfall methodology.
- Executing selenium test cases and reporting defects.
- Performed GUI testing, Unit testing, Regression testing and Black Box testing.
- Participated in weekly meetings and walkthroughs to monitor the status of the testing process and discuss enhancement issues.
- Submitted weekly status reports to QA Lead.
Environment: Java, JSP, JSTL, Ajax, JDBC, Tomcat, Java Script, HTML, SQL, TestDirector.