- Over 8 years of extensive hands on experience in IT industry, specializing in Performance Engineering Process and Methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of entire SDLC - Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Planning, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Highly experienced in developing Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenariosand Analysis for Performance Testing
- Extensive experience using LoadRunner, JMeter for Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Longevity Testing and Load Testing.
- Experience in testingFunctional, Regression, System, GUIand UATfor different software Releases & Builds.
- Used HP tools Quality Center(QC),LoadRunner, and Performance Center, other open source tools like Jmeter.
- Developed SQL queries to analyze the database validity.
- Experience with LoadRunner components: VuGen, Controller, Analysis and Load Generator and with the components of JMeter.
- Worked on different VuGen Protocols like Web Http/Html, Web Services, AJAX Click &Script, DB protocols, SiebelWeb, RTE, FLEX etc..,
- Installed & set up all the components of LoadRunner in the test environment.
- Experienced in benchmarking the application for Performance Metrics and analyzed Load Balancer for validating Spoofing.
- Proficiency in working on different databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 and MS-Access
- Used Performance Center for managing all the performance test activities.
- Experience using monitoring tools like NMON &Sitescope, Dynatrace,App Dynamics,Foglight, Wily.
- Expertise in testing Web/J2EE technologies, middleware, Web services and Customer facing applications.
- Experience in enhancing the VuGen scripts by Manual & AutoCorrelationtechniques, Parameterization, and Synchronizations.
- Experience in Monitoring performance metrics using various tools along with LoadRunner’s own monitoring capabilities.
- Experience of Real time production environment performance testing and collaborate with respective database and server monitoring teams to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, and MS SQL server profiler for Database tracing and Performance analysis of Stored Procedures, and user defined functions.
- Strong knowledge of tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, Httpwatch etc. to record, analyze and debug HTTP(S) traffic
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the applications using Jvisual VM. Bottleneck finding, Performance Tuning, Deployment and Retesting.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines effectively through a combination of business and technical skills
- Strong Judgment, Analytical, Communication and Documentation skills in all phases of QA process.
- Good Team Player, ability to work independently and quick learner.
Testing Tools: LoadRunner 7.5/7.6/7.8/8.0/9.1/9.5/11/11.52/12.0, QTP 6.0/8.0/9.2,JMeter 2.8/2.9/2.10, Quality Center, Bugzilla, PerformanceCenter, ALM, JIRA, Clear Quest.
Operating System: MS-DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 7, WINDOWSNT/2000, Windows Server 2003/2008.
Languages: C, C++, PL/SQL, VB . NET, JAVA, XML, HTML
RDBMS: ORACLE, SQLSERVER 2005/2008, DB2
Packages: MS Office 2008, MS Outlook
Web / App Servers: Weblogic, Websphere, Apache/Tomcat, IIS
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
Senior Performance Engineer
- Performance test scripts generation using HPLoadRunner Virtual User Generator(VuGen).
- Load Test execution as per the project needs using PerformanceCenter 9.5/11.52/12.0, ALM and JMeter
- Developed the Load Test scripts using the Load Runner Virtual User Generator (VUGen) and enhanced the scripts by including transactions, parameterizations and correlations
- Extensively used most of the Load Runner protocols (Http/Html, WebServices, Click&Script, RTE, RDP, Oracle (2- Tier), SiebelWeb, SybaseCTlib, SybaseDblib, MultiProtocols) for testing Client server applications (Internal & External Faced).
- Extensively used JMeter for Performance testing GUI, SOA and Webservices.
- Built Webservices Test Scripts, Test plans, JMS Test Plans and Web Test plans using JMeter.
- Enhanced Load Runner scripts to test the new builds of the application
- Supported troubleshooting of Production related issues by targeting the problem areas.
- Analyzed the results of the Load test using the Load Runner Analysis tool, looking at the online monitors and the graphs, analyzed the response times of various business transactions, login times under load, developed reports and graphs to present the test results.
- Analyzed different metrics like Transactions Response time, Transaction under load, Transaction Summary by Vusers, Hit per Second and Throughput to understand the application behavior under full load.
- Created comprehensive test results and summary reports to be shared with the project team and management and pointed out the areas which exceeded SLA.
- Responsible for monitoring of the app behavior using tools like Dynatrace and App Dynamics.
- Generated performance reports of Database using Foglighttool.
- Performance analysis report generation based on the SQL/ IIS/ WebSpheremetrics
- Analyzed Heap behavior, throughputs and pauses in Garbage collections as well as tracking down memory leaks while executing the duration tests using JvisualVM.
- Involved in defect tracking, reporting and coordination with various groups from initial finding of defects to final resolution using QualityCenter (QC)
- Working with vendor teams to resolve Environmental issues, Data related Issues and performance related Issues.
- Involved in the Implementation review meetings.
- Worked closely with Development and Business team to get an understanding of the system architecture, system component interactions, application load pattern and the Performance SLA.
- Develop and maintain performance library with focus on potential reuse.
Environment: Load Runner 9.52/11.5/12.0, Performance Center 9.5/11.0, ALM, .Net, Web Services, MQ, MU, JMS, Web Services, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server, WAS, UNIX, JBOSS, JMeter 2.9/2.10.Confidential, Centennial, CO
Senior Performance Engineer
- Worked as Performance Test Engineer and executed various performance test conditions using LoadRunner 9.5/11.00
- On-shore, Off-shore Team co-ordination and submitting the Deliverables based on timelines.
- Reviewed the Architecture andPerformance requirements with the Business Users.
- Designed the test plans which include scope, test strategies, test scenarios and types of tests to be executed.
- Created the scripts using Virtual User Generator to simulate the function of the services being tested.
- Used Ip Spoofing to emulate the real world load where load balancer is used to distribute the load among different servers.
- Enhanced the scripts by parameterizing large and complex test data to accurate depict production trends, correlating dynamic data etc.
- Effectively involved in running the Performance Tests from the Standalone Controller Machine.
- Extensively Used JMeter for Web Services testing and other Unit testing’s.
- Extensively Involved in distributing the Load across the Load Generators while running the Tests on the Controllers using Frequency of Business Transactions, Number of Users, Number of MDRV process to Launch, Number of Scripts, Hardware Configurations each LG in to Consideration.
- Performed Dynamically Updating the Scripts, Data Files while Running the Tests.
- Executed Web Services using Web & Java Protocols, also wrote Custom Code to capture the Request and Response Associated which helps in tracking the Issues when a service fails.
- Responsible for analyzing applications and components behavior with heavier loads and optimizing server configurations
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows
- Ran several automation scripts using Quick Test Pro (QTP) on different functionalities of the application and ensure the application is performing well before running the test.
- Measured performance units like response times, throughput etc. for web systems optimization. Built servers based on the system performance cycle and metrics.
- Assist in production of testing and capacity certification reports.
- Monitored the Server’s CPU Utilization and used Heap memory status by using Monitoring tools like Sitescope, Wily & Hp Diagnostics and Performed in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Wrote unit tests in Java to test my Framework developed to test Web Services. Tested performance of Tomcat, Web sphere, web logic, F5 etc.,
- Gathered OracleAWR Reports from DBAs and provided to the developer for analysis.
- Monitored system resources such as CPU Usage, % of Memory Occupied, VMStat and I/O Stat using UNIX commands like top, vmstat, svmon and netstat.
- Analyzed JVMHeap and GC logs in Web Sphere during test execution.
- Analyzed the results by using Load Runner Analysis and prepared the result report by customizing the graphs.
- Involved in defect tracking, reporting and coordination with various groups from initial finding of defects to final resolution using Quality Center (QC).
- Documenting the records, procedures followed while testing and troubleshooting the environment and the services. Valuable points while debugging are documented for future reference as ‘Lessons learnt’.
- Prepared a detail test schedule and Test Metrics on a weekly basis for the project members to know the status of the Testing.
- Updating the Stake holders about the performance results by generating reports using analysis
Environment: Load Runner 9.5/11.0, Performance Center 11.00/9.52, Quality Center 10.0, .Net, Web Services, MQ, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server.Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Sr. Performance Test Engineer & Team Lead
- Worked as Performance Test Engineer and executed various performance test conditions using LoadRunner 9.5.
- Reviewed the Architecture and Requirements of the system.
- Reviewed the Performance requirements with the Business Users.
- Played a major role in helping the business understand the load, stress criteria and helped them identify the critical scenarios on an application from an end user view.
- Extensively used Load Runner web HTTP/HTTPS and Web services protocol for testing Client server applications.
- Developed the Performance Test Plan & Scope documents and Performance Test Cases.
- Created the scripts using VirtualUserGenerator to simulate the function of the services being tested.
- Enhanced the scripts by parameterizing data, correlating dynamic data etc.
- Executed Web Services using Web Protocols, also wrote Custom Code to Capture the Request and Response Associated which helps in tracking the Issues when a service fails.
- Used HPPerformanceCenter 9.52 to create scenarios and run load tests.
- Performed Load and Stress tests with Loadrunner and presented performance statistics to application teams and provided recommendations of how and where performance can be improved.
- Extensively Involved in distributing the Load across the Load Generators while running the Tests on the Controllers using Frequency of Business Transactions, Number of Users, Number of MDRV process to Launch, Number of Scripts, Hardware Configurations each Load Generator in to Consideration.
- Monitored the Server’s CPU Utilization and the used Heap memory status by using
- Monitoring tools like Sitescope&NMON&WilyIntroscope.
- Analyzed the results by using LoadRunner Analysis and prepared the result report by customizing the graphs.
- Identified and analyzed memory leaks at each component level.
- Used Grid stats Performance Viewer to capture JVMmetrics.
- Coordinated with offshore performance testers and assigned them day to day tasks.
- Handled multiple projects and lead to successful completion on time by successful coordination.
- Reported and tracked defects using QualityCenter.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team and status of the existing / open defects.
- Involved in the Implementation review meetings.
- Documenting the records, procedures followed while testing and troubleshooting the environment and the services. Valuable points while debugging are documented for future reference as ‘Lessons Learnt’.
- Reviewed and published the Final Consolidated Performance Test Report.
Environment: LoadRunner 9.5, Performance Center 9.52, Quality Center 10.0, .Net, Web Services, MQ, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server.Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Performance Test Engineer
- Reported system assurance testing status to management on defects by application, manages the entry and exit of projects into and out of system assurance test.
- Responsible for gathering business requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers, and business.
- Created and coded a very flexible LoadRunner scriptsusing C functionsthat allowed for fast configuration changes during testing.
- Developed VUGen Scripts and executed the same from multiple LoadGenerators in Controller.
- Parameterized large and complex test data to accurate depict production trends.
- Parameterized cookies, stored dynamic content in LoadRunner functions, used client side secure certificates.
- Parameterized unique IDS and stored dynamic content in variables and pared the values to Web submits under Http protocols.
- Validated scripts to ensure they have been executed correctly and meet the scenario description.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), created Test Plans and prepared detailed Test Cases.
- Involved in writing module level test plans.
- Checked the client side and server side verification, tested the functionality of the application.
- Involved in database testing for validations. Automated specific Regression tests using QTP.
- Performed UNIX Shell scripting with SQL statements.
- Performed end-to-end test manually for System testing, Positive, Negative and Web testing.
- Validated test results through the UI and through the analysis of various system/ application error logs as well as database queries.
- Traced the bugs and reported to the developers using the Rational Clear Quest.
- Worked very closely with developers to recreate defects found and also to verify fixes.
- Performed manual testing of the applications using designated tools in UAT Department.
- Analyze the CPU, Memory stats on Web servers, Application servers and DB servers using Wily.
- Monitor the Garbage collections, JDBC connections and Timeouts during the Test Execution.
- Analyzed the LoadRunner reports to calculate Response time and Transactions Per Second
- Developed performance analysis reports, Graphs (include Load Runner build -in graphs and MS Excel - custom graphs).
Environment: LoadRunner, Java, J2EE, VBScript, Unix, Shell scripting, HTML, Web Sphere, .Net, IIS, Oracle Database, SQL Server, Web Logic, MQ series (IBM and MS), Clear questConfidential, Mclean,VA
- Created performance testing environment and installed all the necessary components of LoadRunner on all the remote machines.
- Performed load testing against internal applications and services using LoadRunnerscripts to emulate users and monitor systems performance.
- Designed scenarios for Performance Testing, Generating scripts and handling Correlation as well as parameterization using LoadRunnerVugen, executed scenarios using Controller and analyzed the results using LoadRunnerAnalyzer.
- Developed scripts and scenarios for automated testing new and enhanced web based products using LoadRunner.
- Created and coded a very flexibleLoadRunner script that allowed for fast configuration changes during testing.
- Written custom functions and programs to support the load testing efforts.
- Identified functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems and system crashes under load.
- Used Rendezvous point, Start and End Transaction, Parameterization, Correlation features in VirtualUserGenerator of LoadRunner.
- Used web reg save param functions to correlate the scripts manually.
- Enhanced script by inserting Check points to check if Virtual users are accessing the correct page which they are supposed to be accessing.
- Written scripts in which each virtual user accesses different data on the application.
- Performed Load Testing against an application which is on Mainframe.
- Created a Manual and Goal oriented scenario with certain amount of Vusers giving Ramp up, Ramp Down and Run time in the Controller of LoadRunner.
- Conducted performance regression testing after upgrading the hardware and software.
- Provided management with analyzed test results and provided recommendation for performance improvements as needed.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports of CPU utilization, Memory Usage.
- Performed performance testing using HP Business Availability Center (BAC).
- LoadRunner reports to calculate Response time and Transactions per minute, Hits per sec, Throughput.
- Met with managers, team leaders and developers on LoadRunner, Scripting, Stress and Performance Testing.
Environment: LoadRunner, MS Office 2007, Win Server 2003, SiteScope, HP-BAC, HP Diagnostics, Quality CenterConfidential
QA Automation Tester
- Scheduled practice sessions with Business Analysts to understand the business functionality.
- Preparation of the Test Plan, which specifies testing overview, testing approach, testing strategy, roles & responsibilities and scope of testing.
- Involved in Analysis of Business Blue Print Documents.
- Interacted with BA Functional and Technical Leads/Developers for understanding the requirements
- Developed Test Cases manual and automation scripts using QTP and uploaded in Test Director 8.2
- Designed the Object Repositories in Repository manager using QTP 8.2
- Maintained the QTP scripts for enhancements and reusability.
- Defined the coding standard while developing the QTP scripts using VBScript.
- Managed to build the Automated Regression suits for functional regression testing.
- Involved in Performance Testing Worked with Performance team for setting up QA Environment Requirements
- Gathered Test requirements for functional and Performance testing and uploaded in Test Director
- Designed the VU-Gen scripts using Load Runner VU-generator
- Executed the VU-Scripts in LoadRunner Controller in distributed load balancers.
- Generated the Application Performance reports and reported to the analysis group of Performance testing for fine tuning the application Performance.
- Extensively used Test Director for test case design, executing tests in Test Lab, requirements gathering and Defect Tracking.
- Interacted with Developers to follow up on Defects/Issues.
- Prepared traceability matrix and published the reports.
- Successfully managed the project within the budget and deadline
- Test Director/Test Director Admin Activities.
- Interacted with Developers to follow up on Defects/Issues.
Environment: LoadRunner, QTP, Test Director, MS Office, Win Server 2003, HP-BAC, HP Diagnostics, HP Business Availability Center(BAC), SiteScope, HP J2EE Diagnostic, Windows, IIS 5, IBM AIX, SQL, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, Siebel, SOA, WebSphere, J2EE.