- Highly motivated, result - driven Automation Engineer with 5+ years of experience and a strong background in automation framework design and implementation. Versatile, quick-learner, willing to embrace new challenges. Patient and calm with excellent interpersonal abilities. Skilled at listening and gathering information.
- Extensive knowledge of JAVA objected oriented programming language concepts like Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance and Encapsulation.
- Expertise is Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, testNG, Maven, GitHub and Jenkins
- Designed and implemented different automation framework from scratch like POM (Page Object Model) framework and Data Driven framework using the help of testNG Data Provider
- Expertise in writing Selenium Web Driver automation scripts in JAVA for web application.
- Executed automation framework script on different browser/environments & reported defects/results to the team and upper management.
- Maintained and enhanced the Selenium & Java Automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GitHub over the time of improvement and new features.
- Worked on Firefox, IE, Safari and Chrome driver.
- Experience in writing CSS Selectors, X-path expression to identify web elements.
- Implemented Selenium Grid for various applications with various combinations of OS and Browsers.
- Took ownership of automation and led the automation team by mentoring the team as required.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven, ANT and managing JAVA automation projects.
- Experience working with testNG and Automation testing reports.
- Performed continuous integration testing using Jenkins.
- Have in-depth knowledge of various SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and SCRUM.
- Experience in designing, preparing and executing test cases for web application and mobile application using SDLC concepts.
- Experience in understanding business requirements, preparing and supervising execution of test cases for system customization/enhancements and initiatives.
- Good exposure on testing and Bug Life Cycle.
- Worked on very intense and fast paced Agile environment.
- Proficient in web services,SOAP, XML, AJAX and REST.
- Experience in writing T-SQL stored procedures and queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
Testing Tools: Maven, HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Jenkins, ANT
Frameworks: Hybrid Automation Framework with Page Object Model, Data Driven, Framework, Junit, TestNG
APIs: RESTful API, SMS, Gateway, Google API
Database: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, MS Access
Software Packages: Eclipse, NetBeans
Web Server: Lampp, Tomcat 6/7, Xampp, Apache
Version Control: GitHub, SVN
Networking: MCSE, MCITP, Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP/SMTP/DNS/POP)
OS Environments: LINUX (Ubuntu),Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012, MAC, DOS, Android OS, iOS, Windows OS
Software Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC
Others: Expertise in: Algorithms, Programming, Database Design, System Analysis
Senior Automation Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Developed and maintained Page Object Model framework using JAVA programming language with the help of Selenium Web Driver library.
- Written and executed test scripts using Eclipse IDE.
- Implemented Maven and Ant for build management and also implemented CI tool - Jenkins.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform; performed browser combinations in parallel.
- Applied TestNG to view detailed test execution reports.
- Implemented GitHub for source control.
- Always kept the framework up to date to accommodate all test scenarios.
- Worked closely with manual testing team to discuss which test cases should or should not be automated.
- Identified weaknesses in QA Processes, Web testing and Selenium Automation. Suggested and implemented improvements.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Testing RESTFUL web services.
- Performing database testing by writing SQL.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performing a variety of software testing including unit, functional, usability, system integration, regression, cross browser and OS compatibility, mobile application and performance testing.
- Participated in meetings and walk through with project managers, developers and QA testers.
Environment: s: Selenium, Maven, ANT, GitHub, Jenkins, JAVA, SOAP and Restful WebServices, IIS7/8, Tomcat6/7, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, HTML, XML, CSS, Windows, Mac OS, iOS
Tools: Eclipse, SOAP-UI, HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, HP LoadRunner, Selenium, TestNG, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2012/2013 Ultimate
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
- Extensive knowledge of functional testing, developing software testing process, testing scenarios, test plan and strategy for testing, reporting and analyzing test results
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases for large-scale data validation and comparison between two web applications and between the UI and Database defining simple to complex scenarios
- Have thoroughly done Peer reviews for developing the UAT test plan, strategy, test cases which are used while testing the application.
- Created UAT test plan documents, strategy, test cases, executed UAT test scripts, and created test reports using quality center
- Analyzed and validated system requirements.
- Performed Rest API Testing to validate business logic before integrating the API with front end
- Utilized GET, POST, PUT and DELETE request as per needed
- Analyses JSON Responses and provided feedback to developers where also helped them debug the issues
- Performed Functional testing on Mobile Application for iOS and Android.
- Worked with automation team to help them run Selenium test suites as part of regression testing.
- Involved in Design, Development meetings
- Involved in Analyzing data, and developed enterprise and ad hoc reports.
- Identified system problems and provided solutions for develop, test, and implementation of the application.
- Involved in designing and developing workload and statistical reports.
- Involved in developing, reviewing and maintain IT technical and user documentation.
Environment: s: Selenium, Maven, ANT, GitHub, Jenkins, JAVA, C#, SOAP and Restful WebServices, IIS7/8, Tomcat6/7, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, HTML, XML, CSS, Windows, Mac OS, iOS
Tools: Eclipse, SOAP-UI, HP Quality Center/ALM, HP QTP, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2012/2013 Ultimate
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Conshohocken, PA
- Experienced in test-driven development.
- Performing JAVA and .NET application deployments in different environments including database backup and restore.
- Developed Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Created the Data Access Layer with ADO.NET commands and fetched the data from SQL Server 2008 using Stored Procedures and views using SQL Data Reader and Dataset objects.
- Used SQL Server Notification Services in SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Authentication and Authorization using Form based for authorizing users and their roles.
- Created front and back end development of application.
- Deployed and maintained application for end users.
- Performed database testing by writing T-SQL using MS Access, MS Excel and SQL Server 2012.
- Performed web application deployments in test environment including database backup and restore in SQL Server 2005.
- Made logins and users for databases with appropriate permissions and roles in SQL Server.
Tools: Eclipse IDE, MS Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server Management Studio 2005, HP Quality Center