- 8+ years of business diverse experience in challenging domains such as Banking, Finance and POS Software with aid of Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance, Business Analysis & Investor Reporting.
- Proficient in working with testing tools and carrying out Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Systems Testing, Integration Testing, White Box testing, Black Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing of Client/Server, Web based applications and Web portal applications.
- Led a team of QA Engineers through the entire Project Life Cycle. Verified the Project Goals met current and long term corporate objectives.
- Developed test plans, test scenarios and test cases from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Adept at using both manual and automated testing tools (QTP) to troubleshoot systems, integration, user acceptance, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC methodologies including Agile, Waterfall and Iterative methodologies and software test life cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Change Management process and prioritize requests during the project life cycle.
- Broad Knowledge in reviewing test input data and test procedures, documented detailed test plans , test scenario, defined test cases, executing detailed test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Possess understanding of different relational databases, writing SQL queries, creating tables and generating reports.
- Expertise in (Manual/Automated) Testing of Web based applications. Strong automation experience using Mercury Interactive tools – Win Runner, Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Created Manual and Automated scripts for performing functional, regression, integration testing. Used Quality Centre for test planning and bug tracking.
Domains Worked On
Finance, Banking, Point of Sale (Retail) Software
Oracle 9i/8i/7x; PL/SQL 7; MS SQL Server 2008, 2005/2000/7; T-SQL; and MS Access
Vermilion Reporting Suite, Business Objects
Automated Testing Tools
Win Runner 8.2, Quality Centre 8, QTP 8.0, Test Scripting Language(TSL)
Bug Tracking Software
Jira, Lotus Notes 7.02, Test Director
MS-Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Access
Lotus Notes, Outlook, MS Office, Web Services, Stored Procedures, Validating Reports, Gathering Requirements for Business, End User Training
Confidential, Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
(September 2009 – Present)
Financial Advisor Reporting’ project is about automating the reporting requirements (Separately Managed Accounts, Financial Advisors and Mutual Funds) by using ‘Vermilion Reporting Suite’ which is a streamlined Corporate Client Reporting Tool. The Client Reporting System - has been specifically designed to address all the critical business issues within a single integrated enterprise automated client reporting software solution. This system is a one stop web based client reporting application designed for high quality multilingual client reporting, extracting data from corporate databases and data files (including Excel and XML), applying client personalization, formatting and branding and then delivering this in the most popular file formats (Word, PDF, PowerPoint, HTML, XML, Excel and CSV).
- Involved in detailed test scenarios and test cases for user group. Mapped Test Cases to Requirements (traceability Metrics).
- Identified, escalated and resolved issues such that they do not impact the project schedule.
- Managed client expectations with regular business meetings and updated documentation
- Created Test Plans and Test scenarios and made recommendations to peers on addition of additional test cases to ensure complete QA coverage.
- Successfully used appropriate methodologies like RUP and Agile for assigned projects. Used Quality Centre for test planning and bug tracking.
- Created business scenarios for User Acceptance Testing and performed UAT with business users.
- Involved in creating client facing documentation in the various phases of product life cycle.
- Reviewed questions from off shore resources and resolved their queries on functional specifications, UI specifications, use cases and backend & DB issues.
- Managed off-shore resources in India.
- Wrote Database queries to ensure data displayed on the UI matched the back-end database.
- Involved in updating, maintenance of scripts and Object repository. Raise and track defects till closure.
- Expertise in Analysis, Requirement Gathering and Implementation of Separately Managed Accounts, Fund Advisors & Mutual Funds Reporting.
- Creating out of the box and customized financial reports using the ‘Vermilion Reporting Suite’.
- Prepared business requirement documents (BRD\'s) from requirements gathered from users.
- Interacted with the development team and testing teams to improve the overall quality of the Application.
Quality Assurance Analyst September 2009 –August 2010
“PEPS” is a proprietary web-based technology platform was specifically designed and built for CITI Private Equity Services. It was built, rather than adopted to, the unique characteristics of the industry and is highly scalable. The system emphasizes "straight-through processing" and a high level of transaction accuracy. The system uses open architecture and integrates investment and partnership information with accounting and allocation information to permit administrative and accounting solutions. All historical information is maintained and is accessible from fund inception through liquidation.
- Created project plans, Business Requirement Document, Business Specification Document and data models. Translated business requirements into functional and Non-functional specifications
- Created Use Case Specifications from the high level design and developed design specifications like Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Component Diagrams using in MS-Visio.
- Worked closely with the business users on finalizing the requirements.
- Prepared test plans. Ensuring good quality of the test scenarios and test cases.
- Giving live demos to the clients on weekly basis on the developed application.
- Preparation, review and execution of test scenarios and test cases. Integration, Regression, Functional and Sanity testing. Worked closely with the development team to iron out issues in the application.
- Played a major role in many release cycles for Peps as well as for Investor Reporting.
- Coordinating with the business user for the UAT test execution. Raise and track defects till closure. Involved in selection of test cases to be automated.
- Maintained and tracked Project Plans, Business Requirement Document, Business Specification Document and data models for the iteration. Involved in writing Use Case Specification.
- Continuously strived to improve the design of the system throughout the entire development cycle.
- Facilitated high level overviews for the technical team during development kickoff so that the development team saw the big picture and goal of the project
- Worked closely with Senior Management to create Work-Breakdown Structure, Resource Breakdown Structure using MS Project and managed project and resources to accomplish project milestones.
- Facilitated daily status meetings with offshore resources and resolved queries from the offshore team.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP.
- Performed Manual Testing of various modules, reporting bugs & enhancements.
- Interacted with Peers, QA Managers & Developers in solving various issues.
- Assigned the task of analyzing business requirements, writing & updating test cases.
- Reviewed & Analyzed Data files to ensure accuracy of customer data.
- Developed Reports using Business Objects.
Confidential, Business / QA Analyst
July 2007 – Sept 2009
Celerant\'s Command Retail is a real-time Point Of Sale customizable integrated software Solution for the retail industry with POS solutions and inventory management. This application handles all the retail industry modules from point of sale, purchase orders Transfers, Sales Back office, Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, Data mining and Reporting. Worked as a Business Analyst on this Point of Sale (POS) and Retail Management Software solution
Project Responsibility includes and not limited too
- Gathered requirements from various users of the system and grouped them into system requirements and Database requirements.
- Created functional specifications based on user scenarios, requirements and input from business, and led peer review sessions for reviewing the functional documentation.
- Facilitated day to day sessions with business SMEs, stake holders and sponsors and technical teams comprising of Architect, Developers from different teams, Testing leads & Data Modelers.
- Developed SQL queries/scripts and similar artifacts to validate the completeness, integrity and accuracy of data.
- Actively participated to promote and enhance the Agile Software Development environment at Celerant.
- Participated in walkthroughs and weekly meetings with the management team.
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve the issues using Mercury Quality Center
- Initiated and organized change control meetings with members from different business units to document issues, bugs, and change requests.
- Created SQL queries to verify the data integrity across all the systems.
- Creating the work flows, use cases, test scenarios, high level test conditions, test cases, and test data.
- Involved in documentation of various phases of product life cycle.
- Testing new & existing functionality as per the clients schedules.
- Worked with Trainers (User Representative) and Tech support team to resolve Issues.
- Test case writing and modifications as per client modification requirements.
- Install new builds in Main / Local servers and the application servers.
- Involved in gathering Business & Technical requirements.
- Bug Tracking & Reporting using Lotus Notes.
Confidential, Quality Assurance
Apr 2006 – July 2007
Worked as a Business Analyst/QA for Brunswick Bank & Trust, for the following Online Applications:
- Marketing and online services pages - Banking and Investment Personal/Business Products and Services (On-line banking: Checking, Reorder Checks, Saving, Loans, Applications, Interest Rates and Credit Cards).
- Web Bill Pay application enables the account holders to access and manage their bill payment services through online banking. Users can register for a biller, make payments, see/check payments made via Bill History and manage their bills. Pending payments and the recently made payments can be tracked through Payment Center. Payment Center module highlights any of the pending bills past the due date.
- Analyzed System documents like Requirement Specification document, User Interface Specifications.
- Writing automated test scripts for Functional, GUI to identify errors within the applications using Quick Test Pro 9.5
- Maintaining and updating scripts for regression test suite to effectively manage the testing process.
- Report and track defects using Test Director and Quality center
- Managing and updating the Object Repository for various enhancements made in the application.
- Putting Checkpoints / Synchronization points on textual data and images for various web pages of the application.
- Performed parameterization of input fields using Data Driven Testing through Data Tables.
- Creating Reusable Actions for making the scripts more modular and robust.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities and complexities.
- Reviewed software and business requirement documents to understand the component details and business perspective.
- Used Test Director 8.0 for managing all phases of testing for assigned components, ensuring test plans and test cases are completed and met business requirements.
- Created test plan, integration approach and test cases, scenarios, conditions and scripts.
- Carried out Automated tests and batch tests.
- Performed various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance, negative, positive testing and End to End testing.
- Worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Responsible for defect tracking, reporting analyzing results and documentation.
- Documented test plans and test cases based on the Use Cases and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) Document.
- Experience in writing manual test cases in Web based applications
Confidential,New York, NY Quality Assurance
Apr 2004 – Mar 2006
Vitech Systems Group is a leading provider of comprehensive solutions to the private equity administration. Equitrak is a product that simplifies complex tasks like direct investment and fund investment administration. It is also used for investor and portfolio reporting, performance analysis, contributions and distributions processing, investor level allocations and capital account maintenance.
- Performed manual and automated testing
- Written test plans, test scenarios and test cases from business requirements
- Used Win Runner 8.2 to generate automated test scripts for regression, functionality and GUI testing
- Identified Requirements. Sorted the requirements into high, medium & low levels.
- Performed Database queries to check that front end & back-end were In sync.
- Used Test Director as defect tracking management tool
- Tested the flow and functionality for entering, modifying, canceling and executing a new or existing order
- Interacted with developers to resolve issues
Education Details:Advanced Certificate in Visual Basic & Oracle
- Post Graduate degree in Law