- Experience QA software test engineer, with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes, significant cost savings and fault - free audits.
- Qualifications include 8+ years of QA software testing experience and 5+ years of user-acceptance testing experience.
- Backed by strong credentials including a computer science degree and command of various testing suites, agile methodologies and monitoring tools, ETL Testing. Vast experience in healthcare and telecommunication industry and cross-platform skills in Windows, Linux and UNIX.
ETL Tools: IBM DataStage 9x/8x, Informatica 9x, TWS
Tools: Selenium, Jira, Tableau, Business Object, Jmeter, IAf Framework
Programming Language: C, HTML, XML, PL/SQL, Perl scripting, shell scripting, Python, SOAP UI
Data Base: Oracle SQL developer, Microsoft SQL Management studio, Teradata, HP Vertica, Oracle, Big Data
Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP / 2000 / 98 / UNIX, Linux
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, VOIP,IMS, EWD
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Fire fox, Netscape Navigator, Chrome
Source Control Tool: SCME, Clear Case, DDTS, HP Quality Centre, Bugzilla.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 3.5.2/4.0, Visio 2003
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
ETL Test Lead
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Created test cases, test plans, test data, and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business processes.
- Analyzed requirements and creating and executing test cases
- Created ETL process testing using Informatica ETL tool.
- Executed Test Case and Adhoc testing
- Performed Integration, End-to-End, system testing
- Executed Functional Testing & Regression Testing
- Developed Automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Volume testing.
- Written SQL queries and Database Checkpoints to verify data quality and calculations, reviews
- Performed data validation testing writing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex queries in Teradata SQL assistant to check the data from Source and Target.
- Used Teradata utilities (MLOAD & FLOAD) to load the source files in to test region. And did the querying on the same data.
- Supported the extraction, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse from their legacy systems using Informatica.
- Used Quality Center for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results
- Associated testing processes, creating and implementing testing strategies in UAT phase.
- Used HP Quality Center for storing, maintaining the test repository, bug tracking and reporting
- Prepared documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects
- Developed UNIX scripts to validate the flat files and to automate the manual test cases.
- Developed Test Matrix to give a better view of testing effort.
- Wrote and modified SQL validation scripts, and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs.
- Worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters to extract only the additional data added during that period.
- Wrote complex queries to compare the counts and data from source to target.
- Created some macros in Teradata to load the test data in to Target tables.
Environment: IBM DataStage 8.7, Informatica 9x, TOAD, Teradata V2R6.0.1, DB2 V8.1, HP Vertica SQL Assistant, PL/SQL, Erwin 3.5.2, Tableau Business Object, UNIX, Linux, HP Quality Center,TWS, Selenium, PL/SQL and shell Script.Confidential, Middletown, NJ
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Extensively experienced with Telecommunication, Service Assurance, computer security applications and analysis of its business, technical, and functional requirements.
- Created Test Cases, Test Plan and developed Tractability Matrix and Test Coverage reports.
- Analyzing System & Functional Specifications, creating Use Cases, understanding Business Requirements, Business Rule and identifying Test Requirements.
- Manage Defect life cycle using defect tracking tools such as HP ALM/Quality Center/Test Director by identifying, analyzing defects.
- Experienced in Black box testing like Acceptance UAT, Sanity, Functional, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, System testing
- Verifying and validating GUI reports.
- Monitor production environment, support production/live deployment
- Verify the data received from LABS is successfully processed and sent down to downstream systems for generating alerts
- Verify that data is transformed correctly according to various business requirements and rules.
- Make sure that all projected data is loaded into the data warehouse without any data loss and truncation.
- Make sure that data is loaded in data warehouse within prescribed and expected time frames to confirm improved performance and scalability.
- Experienced in designing and developing automated test scripts using perl/shell script.
- Internal audit of System Test document to ensure the document are in compliance with the process
- Automating test cases using selenium
- Analyzing test cases written by the team members and providing technical details and input on the same.
- Reviewing test results, and doing spot checking to assure 100% efficiency and coverage in testing the application
- Verifying the CDR data generated by LABs is as per the design specification
- Verify the CDR data received by LABS is forwarded to ETL, for processing and loading in Database.
- Possessed high technical aptitude and high level of analytical ability.
- Good Leadership and team building qualities with excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Created LAB request data forms and attending various meetings with the LAB team in regard to the data that is required from the LAB team for carrying out test execution
Environment: IBM DataStage 7.5, Oracle 9.0.2, TOAD, Teradata V2R5, DB2 V8.1, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Clear Quest, TWSConfidential
Senior Test Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading QA team on various projects.
- Installing various flavors of Linux, and also creating images of several flavors of Linux OS
- Testing involved testing Softswitch on Linux/Unix operating system for functional, Maintenance/Regression testing, browser compatibility testing, software upgrade/downgrade testing.
- Created and reviewed Detailed Functional Requirements (DFR) to understand the business requirements and enhancements requested by the client.
- Documented Test plans and Test cases based on the solution definition documents and use case documents.
- Exported Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) into HP Quality Center.
- Analyzed modules and designed Test scenarios and Test scripts in UNIX environment.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and developers for bug review using ALM/Quality Center.
- Interacted with development Teams for timely closure of bugs reported & in meeting the requirement specification using ALM/Quality Center.
- Tracked and monitored defects using ALM/Quality Center.
- Worked with development members on bug reproduction and fixes; and updated management on testing results, activities and planning using ALM/Quality Center.
- Created Regression suite for various test scenarios; Tested and executed the suite whenever a code was changed using Perl scripting
- Participated in bug review meetings on behalf of the QA team.
- Involved in implementation and documentation of standard procedures for setting up and configuration of the test.
- Attended weekly meetings on project status.
Environment: Team Track, Linux, Shell scripting, Perl Scripting, postgresql, DSL, TR-069, Clearcase,Confidential
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Requirement Analysis document review, to understand business needs and to develop efficient test Strategy.
- Participated in reviewing the Test Plans and Test Case Templates for the functional testing.
- Involved in writing the high level and detailed Test cases for Functional and Regression testing.
- Tracked and documented the defects in Team Track and reported the defects to the developers through Quality Center.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression, System and User Acceptance testing of the application.
- Responsible for preparing and sending the deliverables like weekly status reports to the QA managers and project lead.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project.
- Involved in going through System Requirement specification, writing and executing test cases, raising and verifying defects using the tool team track and, documenting the test status report.
- Actively participated in technical discussions with the team.
- Actively took part in discussion with the developers through teleconference/email for any technical queries/suggestions related to project.
- Configuring router/devices for testing purpose
Environment: Environment: Bugzilla, Linux, Shell scripting, Perl Scripting, C, Unix Internals, VOIP