- Over 8+ years of experience in Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web, Windows, Web Services, Client/Server applications and databases in Finance, Healthcare & Media Applications.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge of Automation Tool like Selenium, protractor.
- Good experience on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, TestNG.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Ant, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, and Cruise Control.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML and WSDL; and in providing required input data to request XML& get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Experience in Database testing by using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, T - SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Creating and maintaining automation testing, parameterization, checkpoints, data validation, data-driven and keyword driven testing, object repository.
- Experience in VB Scripting, Groovy Scripting and SQL Queries in Backend Testing.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, sanity testing, exception testing, compatibility testing & security testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Good expertise in Automating the Validations using Shell and Python Scripts.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, Jira, and Test Director/Quality Center (QC) and Team Foundation Server.
- Expertise in performing the Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing for the apps on different platform like Android, Java.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle and in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Expertise in performing manual testing & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Expertise of testing the application developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, .Net Technology etc.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Extensive experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAPUI, QTP, Eclipse, Protractor, Manual Testing, Appium (Android Testing), JMeter.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server & MS Access
Programming: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, UML.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear Quest.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS
Automation: Selenium & CUIT
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Sr. SDET/ Webservice Tester/ Mobile Tester
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified the Test Scenarios based on Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, and End to End Testing.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE) and in framework creation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Involved in Preparation of 'Hybrid Driven Reusable Framework' using Java
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider (Method and ITest Context.) for parameterization .
- Implemented Page Object Model(POM) to maintain all reusable object and maintained the same.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management using Jira.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and JUnit for grouping the tests
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kickoff daily builds and automation suites Jenkins, Maven and GitHub.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing using Selenium Webdriver in TestNG
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different JUnit methods.
- Performed Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI/Ready API Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI and Expertise with XML web services and SOAP
- Tested RESTful API for XML & JSON responses while comparing the Database Tables.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and once the scripts run, the framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Used firebug to identify object's ids, Name, XPaths, links in the application.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries to perform Back-end testing
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Responsible for keeping up with the test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter.Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
Sr. SDET/ Webservice Tester/ Mobile Tester
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java, using Junit prior to agile release.
- Experience in Performance, Load and stress testing with the complete cycle of Load test planning starting from creating the Load Dictionary and Test plan then to Live/Simulated Data and Create scripts and Analyze and publish the test results with Suggestions .
- Expertise in using Jenkins for adding scripts, building the suites and analyzing the results.
- Performed testing using TestNG for class, method, & WebServices testing.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Used Protractor which works in conjunction with Selenium to provide an automated test infrastructure
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber Framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter.Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Sr. SDET/ Webservice Tester/ Mobile Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and Junit framework.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Experience to run test cases using JENKINS.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Python, SOAP UI, JMeter, Ant, Junit, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, agile, GIT, SQL, Android, Oracle and Windows.Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Automation Test Engineer/ ETL Tester
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments
- Configured Selenium WebDriver and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release
- Build scenarios in JMeter to analyzing results I performed Load and Stress tests
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches
- Written Grey box and Black box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements
- Had good knowledge of cucumber while working on project. Creation of framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like
- Cucumber can be used to test code written in any languages including ruby, java
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java and Selenium Web Driver
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases
- Extensively worked on Selenium webDriver with the preferred Languages Java, C Sharp, Python, Ruby and Perl
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process by using WebDriver
- Performed Data-Driven testing by developing Java based library to read test data from Excel & Properties files
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services & REST API. Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI, wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database
- Functional and Cross Browser testing of Defined Browser Stack of the site experience Defect Triaging and Release sign off for Continuous Delivery cycles
- Writing complex SQL queries and update transaction and properties for accounts on stages for UI testing, Integration testing with different data points etc
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews and Prepared reports
- Written automation test cases in the following languages in Java, C#, C++
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, iOS, Mobile Testing, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows.Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation and Manual Tester
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, SOAP UI
- Performed automated Regression tests for every modified build
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Involved in bug tracking using Quality Center/Test Director.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries.
- Executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.
- Developed manual test scripts to evaluate Corporate Information Security Web based user authentication applications.
- Involved in Analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application
- Extensively used SOAP UI for functional testing of web services.
- Used SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java Eclipse and JUnit.
- Performed Data Driven and Keyword driven Tests
- Developed and maintained Hybrid Framework,
- Extensively used my SQL proficiency during data migrations.
- Involved in writing load test scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Developed unit tests using JUnit, create Test Suites and run parallel tests on TestNG
- Used Firebug and Firepath for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Executed automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing using WebDriver.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using WebDriver.
Environment: QTP, Selenium Webdriver, Java, Junit, SQL, DHTML, Jira, VBScript, HTML, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows.Confidential
- Converted PSD Mockups into pure hand - written HTML and CSS pages.
- Responsible for transforming design mock-ups to W3C standards compliant HTML pages using HTML5, XHTML, CSS3.
- Responsible for creating the screens with table-less designs meeting W3C standards.
- Worked on Browser Compatibility and tested each web application on popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Bug tracking and solving during the system testing and production environment.
- Worked with CSS Background, CSS Layouts, CSS positioning, CSS text, CSS border, CSS margin, CSS padding, CSS table, Pseudo classes, Pseudo elements and CSS behaviors in CSS.
- Rapidly prototyped interface designs in hand-coded validating, standards-compliant, and semantically-rich code and be aware of cross-browser compatibility and bugs.
- Developed application for different browsers and fixed bugs for browser compatibility.
- Interacted and worked with cross-functional teams.