- Software Test Automation Engineer with 7+ years of experience in software quality assurance and software testing in various industries, projects, and environments. Specialized in automated testing in various business domains including financial, healthcare and, IT Service and Solutions industries. Extensive experience in writing test plans, test cases, preparing test scenarios, test data, Writing Junit, Mockitos, Writing Cucumber JVM - BDD based approach, UI testing automation using Selenium Java and developing requirement traceability Matrix (RTM), defect tracking and test result analysis.
- Highly skilled, motivated Software Test Automation Engineer with 7+ years of experience in Quality Assurance field.
- Certified Scrums Master, Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Participate in peer reviews for requirements and technical specifications.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE (Functional & Regression Testing), Jenkins, for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API, Test Complete using JScript) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Extensive work experience on JAVA, JUnit, ANT, and Jenkins.
- Extensively debugged Java based Selenium Web Driver scripts for accuracy and identified possible causes of malfunction on Eclipse.
- Creating and maintaining smoke/functional/regression scripts for web-based application using Selenium Web Driver, Java, and JUnit.
- Developed web application automation tests via Selenium Web Driver and JUnit.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, JUnit tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium and Jenkins.
- Good Knowledge in Code Repository like Clear Case, SVN and GitHub.
- Good Knowledge in Web Services Testing (SOAP and REST) using SOAPUI, Rest Client.
- Strong Database (Oracle, SQL Server) testing skills using advanced SQL.
- Strong skill in Backend Testing using SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Solid experience in ALM, JIRA and test management tool.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently, Good at multi-tasking and working well under tight deadlines with high efficiency. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Testing Tools: Test Complete, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber JVM, HP Quality Center, JIRA, SOAP UI, Apache Splunk, Apache POI, Apache TCPMon, Eclipse, IBM Rational Functional Tester.
Languages: JDK 6, SQL, HTML, XML.
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle 11g, DB2.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, VMWare images.
Web/App servers: IIS Server 4.0, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss EAP 5
Test Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, TestNG
System Analysis: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, System Planning, Design, Development, Acceptance Testing
Confidential - Alexandria, VA
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in developing and executing Test-plans & Test-cases for complex, highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems & interfaces that are developed in Agile methodology using J2EE and open source technologies like Struts/ JAVA JSP/JSF /Spring/Ajax/JQuery and JDBC and Oracle.
- Analyzed requirements & developed tests for developers to use in test-driven development.
- Test Complete is a test automation tool which was used for end to end automation.
Environment: JDK 6, Jscript, Test Complete, SVN, Jenkins, Rally (Agile).
Confidential - Reston, VA
Test Automation Engineer
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver / 508 Web Testing.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Automated testing tools such as JUnit and Selenium to conduct systems, integration, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression tests, identify defects and ensure delivery of expected results.
- SOAP UI based Rest and SOAP Web Services Testing.
Environment: JDK 6, Junit, Mockito, Soap UI, HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver, SQL, Oracle 11g, JMeter, Atlassian JIRA, Ready API 4.1, Cucumber JVM.
Confidential - Falls church, VA
QA Automation Engineer
- Run queries on IBM Data Stage studio to cross check different data before and after transformation.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled job.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different JUnit methods.
- Used firebug to identify object's ids, Name, XPaths, links in the application.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries to perform Back-end testing
- Involved in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Performance testing using JMeter for web service end points.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Reported defects through Rally and performing Regression to resolve bugs fixes
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes with Development Team.
- Used IBM Functional Tester to do functional and Regression testing. (Installed and worked using Java).
- Created ECMAScript using Rational Integration Tester.
- Used ClearCase for Code Repository and ClearQuest for Change tickets.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
Environment: JDK 6, IBM DB2, IBM Rational Functional Tester 6.1 Workbench, IBM Data Stage 11.
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Responsible for writing Test Scripts, Test flows and Test Performance documents, using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Involved in implementing QA methodology and Test Metrics.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing for overnight builds and reported the critical issues to the developers.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Prepared a detail test schedule and test metrics on a weekly basis to know the status of the application.
- Interacted with users for execution of test cases in UAT.
- Constantly involved in the team to adopt QA Testing Standards. Logged and Traced defects using Test Director.
- Attended weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
- Bugzilla for defect tracking. SVN for code repository.
- JUnit for code coverage testing. - Prepare Test Data using Apache POI to read XL Sheets
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
Environment: JDK 5, JUnit Agile testing, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, TCPMon, Oracle 11g.