- ISTQB Certified Software Test Engineer, with over 8 years of extensive IT experience in various phases of Software Implementation such as requirements gathering, testing, deployment and application support across variety of domains namely ERP, Banking(Credit Card) and Healthcare with expertize in Quality Assurance.
- Expertize in Manual and Automated testing. Worked on many projects and systems over the years and built a solid knowledge and experience across the board in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Database, Load, Stress, Data validation, Security, Integration, Web based, GUI testing and UAT, Whitebox and Blackbox testing.
- Experienced in all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementing Waterfall, VModel and Agile-Scrum methodologies.
- Expertize in creating Test Plan documents and developing test strategy documents and preparing the Traceability Matrices.
- Expertize in performing all test activities such as planning and control, choosing test conditions, designing test cases and checking results, evaluating exit criteria, reporting and test closure.
- Experience in Quality Assurance using Java, Junit, TestNG, Selenium RC/IDE/WebDriver/Grid, Eclipse, Manual Testing, Performance Testing, Automation, SoapUI, JMeter, Test Partner and Load Runner. Expert level experience in test automation using Selenium, QTP, UFT & CodedUI(C#).
- Experienced in both Desktop and Mobile Web Automation Testing.
- Experience working with huge volumes of data, analyzing record sets for Data Quality, Data Validation and Metrics using SQL.
- Expert in developing automation testing framework using Selenium, WebDriver using both Java and C#.
- Worked on Web Services Testing using SOAP UI 4.0/3.0, iTKO Lisa
- Strong experience in test management and defect tracking tools tools like Quality Center, Rally, Bugzilla, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Jira.
- Expertize in Configuration Management, Build Creation and Deployment using RTC and Source Deport.
- Experience in testing complex SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL statements/programs.
- Strong in Analyzing Business Requirements & Develop comprehensive test specs & execute them.
- Experience with integration testing of the applications using various sources like flat files, xml and SQL Server/oracle databases.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries to verifying Source-to-Target mapping and transformation rules (ETL Processing) in Data warehouse manually.
- Lead a team of six testers being responsible for the self and team’s deliverables, delivering quality test cases and their execution mostly with in the estimated timelines.
- Handled multiple projects simultaneously.
- Has a good understanding of Big Data concepts and Hadoop Eco System including NoSQL DBs and Tableau.
- Interact with the team in daily scrum calls and other meetings and also suggest enhancements to the Product teams wherever possible.
- Has good experience working with X12 file formats: 837 (Claims) and 835 (Payments).
- Has strong analytical and logical skills. Also has excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the Ability to work in-groups as well as independently with minimum supervision and initiative to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
TEST MANAGEMENT TOOLS: ALM HP Quality Center 8.2/9.2/11, , Test Director, Team Foundation Server
2010, Microsoft Test Manager, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality
Manager, Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Product Studio
TEST AUTOMATION TOOLS: Selenium (IDE, RC, Web Driver, Grid), QTP 9.5/10, UFT, SOAP UI 3.5/4.0, Load Runner 9.5/11, CodedUI, Robotium, HtmlUnit.
SCRIPTING: VBScript, Java Script
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows 2000/Windows XP, Win7, Win8.1, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Linux
DATABASE: Oracle 9i/10G, SQL Server 2005, 2008, MYSQL 4
WEB SERVER: Tomcat, Apache, MS IIS 5.0/6.0, WebLogic 7.0
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: Java, C#, C, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Unix/Linux, PHP(CMS- Wordpress, Moodle)
CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: Wordpress, Moodle
UTILITY TOOLS: MS Office, Eclipse, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Maven, TestNG, TOAD, SQL Developer, Firebug, Developer Tools
REPORTING: Tableau, SSRS
ERP: Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, AX 2009, AX 2011.
OTHERS: Microsoft Office tools like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio, Communicator, Webex, Lotus notes etc.
Senior QA Analyst & Lead
- Reviewed and analyzed the Business Requirement Documents and Technical requirement documents.
- Participated in authoring Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases, executing them though RQM/QC.
- Analyze the Stories/Use cases and estimate before the Sprint planning session.
- Evaluating Business Requirements and suggesting alternative approaches wherever possible. Also help in early identification of problems in requirements and resolving them.
- Involved in Creation, maintenance and execution of Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Scripts for all releases to large Independent & Integrated Releases.
- Developed test automation framework using Selenium & Java.
- Identify and author regression test suite and automate using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid for Cross Browser and Cross Platform testing.
- Effective use of firebug tool for finding Xpath of the Web Elements.
- Worked parallel on creating claims, processing claims with both ICD9 and ICD10 codes.
- Mapping of ICD-10 codes to procedure and diagnostic codes.
- Identify scope that will be impacted by the ICD-10 implementation and create plan to accommodate changes in association with the Dev team.
- Performed database testing by writing and executing complex SQL queries and validating data in SQL Server & Oracle Databases.
- Performed Web Service testing using SOAP UI
- Modified and Executed automated and manual test scripts for different modules using QTP/QC.
- Experience in Data driven and Keyword frameworks using QTP
- Involved in maintaining and uploading the QTP/UFT Scripts to Quality Center.
- Detailed repeatable end to end test cases for application, interviewed developers to gain detailed information on complex calculations and backend exception processing in order to validate the back end utilizing SQL Developer & SQL Server as applicable.
- Agile Management and Software Development. Strong testing Quality Assurance experience within Agile environment .Good understanding of Agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental)
- Extensively used Rally and RTC for creating stories.
- Involved in User Acceptance testing (UAT) in Agile environment.
- Used Mercury Quality Center and RTC to document defects/issues found during the testing, suggested appropriate solutions and prioritized defects for resolution in coordination with the development team.
- Lead the QA effort and organize meetings with different internal customers wherever necessary including BAs, Developers, Testers, Product Manager and Project Manager.
- Working with X12 file formats: 837 (Claims) and 835 (Payments) for the creation of test data.
- Run MapReduce jobs, verify and extract the output for the use by other teams to create Tableau Reports.
- Verifying Tableau reports to comply with the requirements/changes suggested by business.
- Perform UAT testing and prepare test scripts and worked on remediation of issues.
- Configuration Management, Build creation and Deployment using RTC.
- Worked in understanding Interdependencies between components from small to medium and provided training and guidance to onsite and offshore team members. Team’s Status Reporting & Tracking.
- Lead the team of 6 including onshore and offshore..
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, QTP, Oracle 10g, SoapUI, SQL Server 2008, QC 9.2/11, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, MS Office tools, Rally, RTC, RQM. Confidential
- Analyze the Business requirement and Design documents to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Write and execute automated test cases using Selenium to automate manual testing solutions. Involved in debugging, reporting and fixing automation script failures in Selenium.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG and Selenium Webdriver.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Reviewing test plans, results analysis and help in capacity planning guides for releases.
- Performed the Back-end Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements
- Created Manual Test Suites for various modules.
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Preparing, Executing and Documenting test cases for manual testing through Mercury Quality Center.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center
- Performed the tests in both the SIT, QA and contingency/backup environments
- Performed testing extensively for integration and unit testing of standalone and distributed GUI-based applications.
- Mobile website manual testing and test automation using Robotium on Android.
- Involving in Functional testing, End to End testing and Regression Testing.
- Security testing – mainly focusing on data tampering and session hijacking.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Run jobs in Unix using Putty to upload the transaction data.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Developed Weekly and Final Test Status reports with all the Test Metrics Such as Total Test Executed, Total Test Analyzed, Total Passed and Total Failed.
- Conducted SIT and UAT status calls and review meetings. Status reporting to the Manager.
- Analyzed functional requirement and conducted Walkthrough.
- Understanding requirements and technical specifications.
- Defining or confirming the best practices with the client before the automation starts.
- Defining ETA for completion of automation of the test cases.
- Test Automation using C#.Net, VSTS for Microsoft and QTP for other Clients.
- Involved in maintaining and uploading the QTP Scripts to Quality Center.
- Raising test issues for valid product changes and fixing the automation code.
- Raising code defects for genuine product bugs occurred in the application.
- Tracking the defects time to time to release the test cases from blocked list and move them to in progress list.
- Consolidating all the data of fixed and automated test cases and sending it to the client on a weekly basis.
- Communicating the issues and status reports on timely basis to the client.
- Preparing and reviewing Test cases and Procedures to ensure coverage of and conformance of business requirement.
- Worked closely with business team to make sure all the changes made to requirements documents are implemented in the test plan and test cases.
- Worked in visualizing and documenting the artifacts such as Class diagrams, Use Cases diagrams, using MS-Visio.
- Utilized Quality Center/Microsoft Test Manager/VSTS for test plan, test execution, requirement gathering and defect reporting.
- Validate SSRS Reports and automate SSRS report validation using Business Entity Framework.
- Involved in performing UAT with stake holders and business owners.
- Involved in writing Data Mapping Documents for the system and involved in documenting the ETL process and writing SQL Queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in SQL Server for extracting data.
- Involved in Status Tracking, Risk Identification and Defect Prevention activities as part of the Project
- Preparing and reviewing Test Cases and procedures and to ensure coverage of and conformance of business requirement.
- Generating Automation Regression Test Script, maintenance and enhancement of scripts as per the application change request for every new release.
- Wrote Technical documentation and performed black box testing.
- Identified defects and escalated defects using Quality centre/Product Studio as applicable.
Environment: Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, VSTS, SQL Server 2005 & 2008, QC, Product Studio, SharePoint, UML,
XML, HTML, Manual And Automated Testing , ASP.NET 2.0, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test ManagerConfidential
- Developed the business domain layer using Java, J2EE, JDBC and used DAO, Transfer Objects, Singleton, Abstract Factory, Factory, State, Command and Front Controller design patterns
- Implemented Struts framework in the presentation tier for all the essential control flow, business level validations and for communicating with the business layer
- Developed Struts framework Action Servlets classes for Controller and developed Form Beans for transferring data between Action class and the View Layer
- Implemented Struts Validator framework to validate the data
- Developed Ant(build.xml) targets for build and deployments on Web Sphere Application Server 5.0
- Developed Stored Procedures in the Oracle 9i database.
- Performed impact analysis on the dependency projects of OneSource Project Involved in writing unit test plans and developing test cases using JUnit
- Used Configuration Management and Version Control tool CVS.
Environment: Java,J2EE, Servlets, JSP, Struts 1.0, JDBC, SAX, HTML, CSS, Java script, WSAD, Web Sphere 5.0, Windows 2000, and Oracle 9i.