- Over 15 years of experience as a Technical Trainer, teaching technical topics with a focus on programming, operating systems and software products. Excellent with diverse technical levels in same classroom.
- Over 15 years of experience as Technical Support, both onsite and remote, with experience in software patches, device protocols, hardware, software packages, and LAN setups.
- Over 15 years of experience as a Programmer/Analyst, with a thorough knowledge of numerous operating systems, languages, and software applications. Full lifecycle and client/server experience.
- Proven track record of customer satisfaction and meeting intensive deadlines.
- Industries served: Insurance, Shipping, Telecommunications, Security Services, Education, Actuarial, Engineering, and Production.
Programmed with: C, Mainframe COBOL II, Visual Basic, VBA scripting for Excel and Access, PickBasic, MapBasic, EZTRIEVE, HTML, CL, CLIST, IMS DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM, SYNCSORT, ISPF/Dialog Manager and Confidential COBOL languages.
Courses taught: C, COBOL, COBOL II, Visual BASIC, RPG/400, C++, REXX, DOS, AS400, OS/400, Microsoft Office, Computer Fundamentals, BASICA, Flowcharting, Typing, Windows, Crystal Reports, MVS/JCL, TSO, SYNCSORT, VSAM, CL Programming, Technical Support, and Networking Fundamentals, Confidential Mainframe Products, and InterSolv PVCS products (including Dimensions).
Documentation software used for designing online instruction and creating web pages for company portal: HTML, RoboHelp, RoboSource, Powerpoint Presenter, Articulate, IrfanView, HyperSnap, Plateau, Visio, and Captivate.
Operating systems used: Windows NT, MVS, UNIX, Windows NT/95, DOS, Windows XP, OS/400, Universe, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1.
Other software used: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), Citrix, Lotus Notes, and PAL software, Sentient Screen Systems, EDI, FTP, Rumba software applications, and Design Studio.
Confidential, New York, NY
IT Consultant/Programmer Analyst
- Visual Basic scripting (Excel/Access) for specialty tubing production site; maintenance/development programming for site proprietary ERP system until company migrated to parent company ERP system; quality assurance documentation; inventory collection and SAP uploads; technical support.
Confidential, Sparta, NJ
Technical Documentation Consultant, Quality Assurance Department
- Visual Basic scripting (Excel/Access) for Quality Assurance department; business gap analysis during enterprise system transition; Visio flowcharting for successful ISO certification.
Confidential, Saddle Brook, NJ
- Visual Basic scripting (w/Excel) for Formulary department, pulling tier/restriction drug data from Formulary PDFs for various insurance plans and using the data for research.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Handled implementation, training, and vendor communication of Securitas Vision pilot.
- Handled project timeline planning of Solutions project documentation.
- Trained co - workers, security officers, and branch managers in the hardware/software for Securitas Vision and Visitor Watch.
- Assisted the vendors with Quality Assurance Testing to help solve software issues.
- Handled Solutions branch installations and training for branch offices and trained co-workers.
- Documented full installation processes.
- Created tutorials for security-focused technical tools and helped design template to allow seamless online documentation maintenance.
- Provided field training to end users on proprietary software (SAFES), inclusive of instructor-led training in boot camps, phone support and onsite help.
- Trained helpdesk specialists.
- Provided onsite SAFES conversion support to over 30 field offices.
- Managed office transitions to “SAFES”, inclusive of pre/post data cleanup of data, security access and data integrity validation, and overseeing all system related tasks.
- Assisted data communications team with hardware and communication tasks.
- Provided SAFES transition support, analyzing field office processes to identify more efficient operational procedures and better utilization of new systems.
- Interpreted needs and issues between the field offices and operations centers.
- Resolved helpdesk tickets.
- Assisted with development of SAFES online documentation HELP system.
- Provided presentations and demonstrations at ASIS security conventions and regional conferences.
- Designed Internet-based instructional classes, web pages, and portal navigation, using HTML, RoboHelp, RoboSource, PowerPoint Presenter, Articulate, Irfanview, Hypersnap, Plateau, and Captivate.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Installation and Deployment Manager/Customer Support Specialist
- Managed installation and deployment activities for system controlling inventory of plug-in phone circuits for regional operating telephone companies in U.S.
- Served as primary contact for IS managers, providing 24x7 support on software problems and service outages.
- Performed installation and deployment activities for software releases.
- Built or modified databases and tested new software.
- Hosted monthly ISO conference calls with national client ISO managers.
- Worked with Windows NT, MVS, and UNIX systems with COBOL, JCL, CLIST, ISPF/Dialog Manager, and IMS languages.
- Utilized MS Office, Rumba, Citrix, Lotus Notes, and PAL software.
- Participated in development of large-scale solution implementation plan to integrate software between GTE and Verizon following their merger.
- Created client manuals, associated training materials, and overhead visual media for two training courses and presented workshop at client site.
- Received Customer Service Star for excellent client care.
Confidential, Clifton, NJ
- Performed troubleshooting of UNIX devices and PICKBASIC programs.
- Provided interactive screen programming of in-house supply chain software systems. Set up new servers and Windows clients on networks.
- Tested connections and setup/performed remote troubleshooting. Handled UNIX processes and devices at OS level as admin.
- Performed troubleshooting of devices at WinNT network level.
- Provided device management and file/record handling at Universe level.
- Worked directly with clients, onsite and remotely, to resolve issues.
- Assisted in training new co-workers on interactive screen programming.
- Utilized Universe, PICKBASIC, Sentient Screen Systems, Visual Basic, and HTML languages, as well as EDI, FTP, MS Office, Outlook, and Rumba software applications.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Traveled to client sites to deliver training classes.
- Presented classes at national companies and government departments.
- Recommended additional software packages to meet client needs.
- Worked with Windows NT/95, MVS, UNIX, and DOS operating systems with IMS, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM, SYNCSORT, CLIST, ISPF/Dialog Manager and Confidential COBOL languages.
- Utilized MS Word, Outlook, Confidential Mainframe Products, and InterSolv PVCS products.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Prepared and delivered lectures at technical and business training institute.
- Presented lectures daily and nightly to up to 25 students in classes with language barriers and differing technical abilities.
- Designed course materials, projects, and tests.
- Supervised, guided, and graded students.
- Provided peer training to assist other instructors with teaching, new software languages, and new environments.
- Performed troubleshooting of system and microcomputers.
- Taught Windows and OS/400 operating systems, RPG/400, CL Programming, Visual Basic, C, C++, Flowcharting, and Computer Fundamentals.
- Utilized MS Office, Crystal Reports, Rumba, and Design Studio.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Prepared and delivered lectures at technical and business training institute.
- Presented lectures daily and nightly to up to 60 students in classes with language barriers and differing technical abilities.
- Prepared course materials, projects, and tests.
- Trained other instructors in teaching techniques and new materials.
- Taught Windows, MVS, and OS/400 operating systems, Flowcharting, COBOL II, Confidential COBOL, CICS, DB2, CLIST, ISPF/Dialog Manager and Computer Fundamentals, MVS/JCL, SYNCSORT, VSAM, REXX, and Technical Support and Networking Fundamentals.
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Developed international customer service systems.
- Worked directly with national account customers.
- Provided ad hoc Marketing Reports for price comparisons and shipping logistics.
- Trained and supervised junior programmers for three months.
- Performed technical interviews.
- Taught Confidential COBOL, TSO, CLIST, C, and flowcharting.
- Programmed in EZTRIEVE, COBOL, C, C-SCAPE.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Developed online problem reporting system.
- Responsible for maintenance of U.S./Canadian master record.
- Programmed in Confidential COBOL, Assembler, CICS, PruCobol