- Over 12 years of technical experience in support of Commercial and Government Software Development in various Domains like Financial, Banking, and Healthcare.
- Highly experienced professional with over 5 years of DOD, Naval and Aviation Support System.
- Well versed in SDLC, ADLM, Waterfall, RUP and Agile scrum methodologies and Working Knowledge with industry standards like CMMI and ISO Standards.
- Excellent experience in Smoke, System, Ad - hoc, Functional, Regression, UAT, Integration, Security, Performance, and section 508 compliance testing.
- Proficient in using HP software testing & management tools like QTP/UFT (9 years), Quality Center/ALM (9 years) and other tools Selenium, Rational Functional Tester (RFT), Visual Studio with TFS, JIRA.
- Experience in testing Web-based and Windows-based Client/Server applications in various Environment like Linux/UNIX, Windows and Cloud.
- Expertise in developing Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test cases, Test data, traceability matrix and Workflows based on Business, Technical and Functional requirements.
- Excellent experience in supporting IV&V and performing integration and functional testing to ensuring products are ready for deployment.
- Skilled in presenting ways to Implementing test environment and supervising multiple independent verification and validation (IV&V) Application Project.
- Managed offshore and in-house team members, allocated test modules and scheduled times to finish the testing within scheduled time.
- Proven leadership and team-building abilities, interact effectively with management and exhibit positive attitude to producing quality work.
- Developed PowerBuilder and .Net compatible QTP/UFT Automation Scripts using descriptive programming and VBScript.
- Worked through various QTP/UFT Test Automation frameworks like Keyword-driven, Data-driven and Hybrid.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, communication, and organizational skills to have the ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished DoD Directive 8570 Baseline IAT Level II Certifications.
- Attend various seminars and webinars for adapting to cutting edge technology products.
Testing Tools: QTP/UFT, Rational Functional Tester (RFT), Selenium, Quality Center/ALM, Visual Studio with TFS, Load Runner, Rational Clear Quest, SOAPUI, Test Complete.
Languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVA, JAVA Script, .NET, JSP, VBScript, SQL, PL/SQL, C#.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access, MySQL, SAP Sybase ASE.
Web Server: Apache, IIS, IBM WebSphere, Web Logic.
Browser: IE, Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
O/S: Windows Xp, 7, 8, 10; Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012; Mac OsX, Linux, UNIX, VMware ESXi.
Application: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Lync, UML, Virtual Box, IBM Lotus Notes, Jenkin, SVN, VMware Workstation, Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, PowerBuilder
Network Protocol: TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP.
Professional interests: Cloud Computing, AWS, DevOps, Docker, Vagrant, Hyper-V.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Principal Test Engineer, SME Level II
- Provided services in support of the system, operational, test & evaluation to NTCSS OMMSNG, OOMA, IMA and BCMI Application.
- Configure NTCSS System Server and Install, test and execute Application Data Alignment Programs (DAPS) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAS).
- Provide excellent support to IV&V and develop test processes, procedures for test configuration.
- Perform integration and functional testing to ensuring product requirements are met and ready for deployment.
- Performed NALCOMIS ABLE platform system testing and Configuration.
- Analyzed the windows based legacy Application and it's Functionality to determine the scope of Automation.
- Updated all the Requirements to the ALM-Quality Center for manual testing process, traceability matrix and Requirement test coverage.
- Created new Test cases and updated existing test cases according to the new release and patch.
- Wrote Test Incident Report (TIRF) in the Remedy Service Management to resolve any issue.
- Conducted application testing in various system environments like Windows, Linux, and VMware.
- Performed Manual testing prior to automate the application.
- Configure the Automation environment in Lab and Developed Framework for PowerBuilder Client/Server based Application.
- Created QTP reporting standard showing the automation testing efforts and represent to all Team members to follow the standard.
- Created standard Automation Test Data Model according to the manual test case and QTP Scripts, updated into the Quality Center.
- Develop complete PowerBuilder compatible QTP scripts for windows based legacy application using Descriptive Programming and VBScript.
- Managed Test cases, Automation test resources and Log Defects using Quality Center.
- Verified and tested Tactical Command Support System in cross platform with different hardware configuration against various database versions.
- Conducted web service testing using SOAP UI.
- Discussed with Programmers to understand the application and its risk acceptance conditions for the test environment.
- Attended Daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting and Demos.
Environment: Windows, Linux, PowerBuilder, Sybase, .Net, QTP/UFT, Selenium, SVN, Jenkin, IT Service Management - Remedy, Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Selenium, Soap-UI, VMware, Windows Server, Stunnel, WinSCP, PuTTY, Wireshark, Squirrel, DCO, MS Office, Visio.Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed and Evaluated business requirement, Functional specifications and Test Plan.
- Analyzed complex system and documented test requirements and test cases for both the client/Server windows and web applications.
- Created and Managed Requirements, Test cases and Log Defects using Quality Center.
- Used TestLog to modify and execute existing test cases for Manual testing Purpose.
- Worked on various assigned Work Order and created new Ticket, incident using Service Desk Express (SDE).
- Conducted application testing in various environments like DEV, QA, and UAT.
- Verified and tested various web applications against TriZetto - QNXT Application.
- Performed Manual testing prior to Automation testing on the application.
- Conducted Positive, Negative, Boundary and End-to-End testing for entire application.
- Configure complete QTP environment and Developed Framework for Client/Server Application.
- Prepared Customize QTP reporting standard showing the automation testing efforts and represent to all Team members and hierarchy of the organization.
- Created Test Data for Data Driven test and validate Data from database using SQL queries.
- Develop and execute dynamic QTP scripts for various environments like DEV, QA, and UAT using Descriptive Programming and VBScript.
- Define Object Model/ Object Map in order to Develop Hybrid Framework.
- Develop Function Library, Modular tests as a part of Hybrid Framework for reusability and low maintenance.
- Created Reusable actions and Scenario based action for organized QTP report.
- Evaluated entry/exit criteria in the testing process.
- Performed Functional, regression, sanity, and acceptance testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Wrote automation Test Strategy, Test plan and prepared the automation test manual for Team members and update through SharePoint.
- Managed and Mentor On-site team in order to Execute and participate in the Automation Framework Development.
- Shared presentations and communicate with team members using Microsoft Lync.
- Involved in AGILE delivery process of software using SCRUM principles.
- Attended daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting & Retrospective Meeting.
Environment: Windows, Service Desk Express (SDE), TriZetto - QNXT, .Net, SharePoint, IIS, SQL Server Management Studio, Quick Test Professional (QTP), MS Visual SourceSafe, Selenium, Quality Center, TestLog, Oracle, MS Lync, MS Office.Confidential, Washington, DC
Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in Test Planning, reviewing business requirement, system design/development and the automation testing.
- Analyzed system requirements and wrote test cases, test scripts for automation testing.
- Used black box testing for working throughout SDLC (software development life cycle) & test environment.
- Created Requirements using Quality Center and generated Traceability Matrices to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Involved in execution for testing of database using SQL queries.
- Develop and execute complex automated tests using VB Script and Descriptive Programming in QuickTest Pro (QTP).
- Maintain automated tests during the design, scripting of the automated solution.
- Performed software support as necessary in both productions and testing environments on client and server side.
- Involved in the end-to-end test using QTP and responsible for the Quality-Assurance of this application to complete in scheduled time.
- Created Reusable actions, custom functions, environment variables, keyword and data-driven driven frameworks using VB Scripts for QTP.
- Executed performance testing using HP Load Runner.
- Involved in Defect Tracking system using Quality Center and used this metrics for further releases in tracking defects.
Environment: Agile, RUP, Windows, UNIX, Java, Oracle, .Net, IIS, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center, IBM Lotus Notes, MS Office.Confidential, New York, NY
- Performed Manual Testing, Regression Testing, Automated Testing and System Testing.
- Involved in Requirement analysis, identification and documentation of required system and functional testing efforts for all test scenarios (Positive and Negative tests).
- Involved in the preparation of test plan specifying an overview of testing approaches, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Rational Unified Process (RUP) was followed throughout the project and all artifacts are generated for each discipline to facilitate risk analysis.
- Conducted Regression Testing, Data Driven Testing and GUI Testing on the application using QTP.
- Developed Automation scripts using VBScript and Descriptive Programming to automate the functional test cases and Application state & features validation.
- Developed Driver Script and Scheduler for automated Script to execute the Batch Testing.
- Generated, analyzed, and published Load Runner test results and document the testing process.
- Performed performance, stress and Volume testing with LoadRunner.
Software Test Engineer
- Performed Manual Testing, Regression Testing and System Testing.
- Assisted preparing Test plan, Test Design and written Test Cases based on the Functional Specifications and Technical Design Document.
- Reviewed Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and software system designs for gaps, traceability and testability.
- Identified and tested defects in the application and reported them through Test Director.
- Participated in the QA activities for various Version releases in the Project.
- Documented Test plan, Test cases, Test procedures, Test scripts and Test data for evaluation.
- Performed database testing on Oracle using SQL queries.
Environment: Java, Web Sphere, Oracle, SQL, Test Director, HTTP, Microsoft Office tools, Windows.