- Achievement - driven and results oriented professional with a proven track record of working in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- My background spans over 15 years of combined data analysis, Final Basel I, II & III rules, BSA/AML, CCAR, Econometric modeling, financial planning and business analysis, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, risk management, accounting, and project management, drawing heavily on my solid technical skills (MS Office, Cognos, VBA, Business Objects, SAP, SQL, PLSQL, Oracle), knowledge of AXIOM, Data modeling, and team leadership.
- Probability of Default (PD) and LGD modeling, Survival analysis, Poisson and Negative binomial regression, Portfolio forecasting, Stress testing
- Factor analysis, Pooled cross-section time series regression, Multivariate statistical modeling, Logistics regression, Classification and regression trees (CART)
- Profitability analysis, Tobit regression (single and double sided), principal component analysis, Black-Scholes formula/ modeling, Derivative modeling.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive expert level Excel development experience, including automating with macros and VBA.
- Excellent Excel data analysis and data manipulation using formulas and functions, VLOOKUPs, PivotTables.
- Solid knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Visio, Microsoft NAV, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Proficient in Business Objects analytics, Cognos, Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, SAP, Archer e-GRC.
- Data oriented with attention to detail and excellent knowledge of data reconciliation between business systems.
- Ability to manage data at both file-level and at database level for data analysis and data sourcing efforts
- Strong analytical skills in deriving technical and functional specifications, business requirements for a BRD/FRD.
- High ability to meet strict project deadlines while maintaining high quality work.
- Sound ability to lead or coordinate with other technical staff or break it down to non-technical staff.
- Good communication skills with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Proficient in designing relational databases utilizing MS Access, write SQL queries, etc
Regulatory Reporting Consultant
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Run the weekly and monthly loans reporting process required for internal management and regulatory reporting.
- Help lead gathering of requirements and implementation of new systems, and prepare BRDs, FRDs as part of system implementation.
- Perform data analysis, reconciliation, consolidation of the various loan products as part of required weekly and monthly regulatory reporting
- Help with preparation and consolidation of monthly and quarterly Basel III capital results to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review and analyze capital results and variance commentaries prior to filing.
- Assist with the preparation, review of quarterly filings and disclosures including FFIEC 101, FFIEC 102, HC-R, 14Q, and Pillar 3.
- Compile required financial and regulatory information for internal/external auditors, RRQA, and the Fed.
- Query, analyze, manipulate, and reconcile data/datasets from various business systems as part of database querying, analysis and reconciliation paying attention to detail for the various products for financial and regulatory reporting, using SQL queries, Excel, VBA/macros and other tools.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and execute projects related to implementation of new data system feeds and migration of various bank products.
Lead Business Analyst/Project Manager
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Provide process expertise in finance and technology in order to improve efficiency of financial systems, ERP, consolidation systems and SAP data warehouse operations in support of IHC go-live for regulatory reporting and Day 1 Profit and Loss accounting and reporting.
- Ensure detailed understanding of platforms, data quality for financial and regulatory reporting requirements to meet Basel III, CCAR reporting requirements, including general ledger accounting, and risk analysis.
- Collaborate with senior Bank management to identify process improvements in order to increase financial reporting efficiency as part of RCS (SAP) Enhancements, consolidation and sub-ledger accounting.
- Perform product, financial, security analysis of various bank products to support the Equity method in line with US GAAP and IFRS reconciliation and as part of IHC implementation for regulatory reporting.
- Manage projects to ensure bank business systems are implemented per business requirements with use of agile methodologies in support of full SDLC phases.
- Prepare and review reconciliations of balance sheet and intercompany accounts in support of month end close process as part of SAP platform implementation, subsystem and sub-ledger accounting, and for regulatory reports.
- Manage a team and provide mentorship and training to other team members when requested.
Consulting Sr. Business Analyst, Project Manager
Confidential, Tonawanda, Buffalo, New York
- Developed overall process and approach that delivered comprehensive current state business system, data analysis, reconciliation and system data flow reconciliation between systems.
- Performed gap analysis that identified data quality issues across product-lines and enhanced reporting.
- Analyzed sales revenues, costs, expenses, and tax rates for all business units that led to process automation for reporting.
- Developed detailed templates that identified data trends, data quality, and data comparison from various data sources.
- Analyzed on ad-hoc projects including data analysis and data flow reconciliation between systems.
- Designed financial reporting solutions using Excel VBA as needed with ability to produce interactive dashboards.
- Assisted Tax Group with system data reconciliation that resulted in improved data quality for tax purposes.
- Identified new opportunities for process improvement from a data flow and risk standpoint.
- Provided concise data reports and clear data visualizations to senior management for planning purposes and decision-making.
- Helped design and implement a logistics and time series regression model that was utilized in data mining efforts designed to improve product line business.
Treasury Solutions Lead Analyst, VP
Confidential, Getzville, Buffalo, New York
- Performed data analysis in Citi Treasury by focusing on the area of Liquidity Risk Management and Reporting including Leverage Coverage Ratio,4G Report, PRA as part of Basel III regulatory reporting.
- Worked closely with senior project sponsors, business users and technology to define and document scope, business requirements and functional specifications as part of BSA/AML compliance.
- Interacted with Treasury Liquidity Reporting Senior Manager to prepare project plans/implementation plans and weekly project status meetings.
- Developed and implemented financial models including Monte Carlo simulations utilized in assessing optimal liquidity, debt capacity (fixed income), treasury buy-back programs and optimal bank leverage.
- Liaised between Liquidity Reporting business users and GENESIS systems development group.
- Reviewed Legacy Liquidity Reporting and transformation rules required to leverage data in GENESIS.
- Managed testing efforts for both System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing globally including the development of test plans, test cases and test scripts in compliance with BSA/AML/CCAR regulation.
- Designed, created and maintained relational databases and data systems for data souring efforts using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition tools.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
- Analyzed Wholesale and Retail data that ensured timely and accurate reporting to regulators, and GMO.
- Tested commercial wholesale data against Risk MI/Business Objects criteria to ensure successful data flow.
- Cleaned, pruned and analyzed data in satisfaction of FR Y-9C, FR-Y14 reports/schedules for CCAR/Basel III requirements and compliance.
- Pinpointed trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets for data sourcing efforts and regulatory reporting as part of P& L sub-ledger accounting.
- Developed econometric loss models related to Basel analytics regarding PD and LGD models, stress testing and forecasting for credit and interest rate derivatives modeling for Basel III using VBA and Excel, and SAS.
- Involved in development and implementation of credit scoring system related to Commercial modeling.
- Created modeling platforms that enabled efficient estimation of linear, logistic, and Tobit models using SAS.
- Documented business requirements and participated in prioritization reviews that clearly designed logic intended to execute data to flow in end-to-end process and data integration in compliance with HNAH’s BSA/AML policy.
- Developed and documented operational process that ensured appropriate risk weighted assets and consistent with expected loss regulatory reporting capabilities for HSBC North America (HNAH).
- Monitored wholesale and retail systems and calculators that ensured consistence with computation of risk weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with US Basel II final rule and FSA B.I.P.R.U regulations.
- Analyzed and interpreted results for financial and regulatory requirements using standard statistical tools such as SAS techniques.
Confidential. Amherst, New York
- Performed audit planning and risk assessments so Bank was in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identified relevant risk factors that minimized bank exposure and improved bank’s revenue position.
Sr. Financial Analyst
- Performed budget analysis and forecasted long-range projections that provided accurate resource allocation.
- Assisted with month-end close and helped with timely resolution of open items for corporate IFRS reporting.
- Performed variance analysis that helped explain operating efficiency and profitability.
- Developed and managed econometric forecasting models for over 60 credit trends across a wide variety of portfolios, including bank card, mortgage,
Confidential, Rochester, New York
- Implemented an internal control system that reduced prior years’ operating losses in manufacturing.
- Interacted with all levels of internal and external personnel to ensure timely resolution of audit findings.
- Evaluated internal controls that ensured compliance with Sarbanes - Oxley (SOX) policy requirements.
- Reviewed, cleaned, pruned financial data that was relevant for audit purposes and financial reporting.
Associate Finance Manager
- Implemented accounting systems, and procedures that eliminated risk exposure and enhanced accountability
- Reconciled asset accounts, and generated ad-hoc reports for management in assessing expenditure fluctuation.
- Assisted with month-end close process resulting in timely financial reporting.
Inventory Control Analyst
Confidential, Rochester, New York
- Reviewed physical inventory procedures resulting in minimized risk over inventory control.
- Prepared financial reports utilized in monitoring of bid purchase-order issuance, and receipt of materials.
- Tracked and documented performance of vendors resulting in real time notification of vendor performance issues.
Sr. Financial Analyst
- Performed financial planning and cost accounting of a $1.8 million production project.
- Generated detailed financial and operational projections for revenues per division, product and headcount.
- Formulated a spreadsheet-based capital budget & forecast program that resulted in 8.1% increase in revenues.
- Helped query data from Oracle data sources for financial forecasting and strategic planning
- Performed data mining for primary and secondary source systems and databases to identify trends for strategic management planning and data modeling using Excel and Matilab and SAS.
Associate Financial Analyst
- Implemented an excel-based budget forecasting and reporting system that reduced operating costs by 6%.
- Created and managed complex excel-based financial models utilized in monitoring cost by senior management.
- Performed statistical data analysis that achieved accelerated forward strategic corporate planning.