- Overall 8+ years of MS SQL Server Development experience in various domains with expertise in MS SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 and Microsoft’s suite of products like SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Strong experience in Stored Procedure, User Defined Function, TSQL coding, Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Wrote and modified stored procedures/Triggers (DML/DDL) to implement complex business rule.
- Involved in developing stored procedures, triggers for the application.
- Expertise in Creating, Configuring and Fine-tuning ETL workflows designed between Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems using SSIS of MS SQL Server 2008 and MS SQL Server 2005 respectively.
- Extensive Knowledge in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Implemented complicated transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Expert in Data Conversion, Normalization and Data Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool.
- Expertise in developing SSIS Packages and using data transformations and deploying them on various production servers.
- Proficient in creating On-demand and Scheduled reports, handling sub reports and defining query for generating drill down reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008/2005 (SSRS).
- Highly skilled in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports and Sub reports using Global variables, Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008/2005.
- Expertise in Developing and Extending MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 (SSAS) Cubes, Data Mining Models, Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Adept in defining referenced relationships and calculated members in SSAS and used MDX queries.
- Expert in using tools such as Bulk Copy (BCP) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Extensive knowledge in developing and implementing Disaster Recovery Model, and Replication Models.
- Expert in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with ability to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs using agile methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Performance Monitor, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Agent, SQL, T-SQL, C, C++, MS Visio, Erwin7.2, PostgreSQL9.1, Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008, Windows 7/Vista/XP/98, VMware, MS Office, MS Access, MS Excel.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
MS SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Interacted with Development Teams and Managers to analyze business needs. Provided software product design and developed a technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements and System Specification. Participated in implementing the logical design to the physical design by creating tables.
- Analyzed the existing data and performed the appropriate changes from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2012 by following the Normalization standards to maintain data consistency and by performing data validation.
- Involved in the design of new schema, new tables, field definitions and mappings, stored procedures, views, indexes.
- Tested and cleaned the data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Derived column, Merge join, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split and more) for existing and new packages.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending mails upon package deployment.
- Created SSIS Packages by using advance transformations (i.e. Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate) and also used Custom components such as Audit on Pre-Execute, Audit On Post-Execute, Custom Email Task and Statistics Logging Component.
- Created Dynamic SSIS packages using complex expressions, variables and control flow components such as For Each Loop, For Loop to loop over a Directory to load inbound files coming daily.
- Prepared the Migration document showing the paths for input and output files, configuration files, table scripts, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data to meet the business standards using Fuzzy and Exact lookups and String manipulations.
- Enforced the Business Rules to filter bad data from the system by using Complex T-SQL Statements, and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for Data Consistency.
- Performed ETL using SSIS by extracting data from various data sources such as MS Access, Excel, Flat files, CVS files and network locations
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, and Lookup which were used for data scrubbing, data validation checks before loading the data into the Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created different type of reports which include: Cross-tab, Conditional, Sub report, Drill-down and Parameterized, Linked reports and deployed and scheduled Reports in Report Manager using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports.
- Monitoring performance and optimizing SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and No clustered Indexes for significant performance boost.
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, SQL Profiler, MS Office, MS Excel.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Designed SSIS packages to Extract data from different sources like SQL server 2008, MS Excel, MS Access, DB2 and transform and then load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Developed SSIS packages using for each loop in Control Flow to process all excel files within folder, File System Task to move file into Archive after processing and Execute SQL task to insert transaction log data into the SQL table.
- Interact with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team to facilitate and document the data mapping to the Reporting SQL Server environment.
- Involved in Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages that included variables, expressions and multiple complex conditional tasks.
- Designed DTS/SSIS Packages to transfer data between servers.
- Used Event Handlers for Exception Handling in SSIS packages
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in either a Reporting Services report, Analytical Cube or an Excel pivot table.
- Produced operational reports in SSRS 2008 i.e. drill-down, drill-through, dashboard and matrix reports.
- Provided design, implementation and maintenance for custom reports and quarterly reports as bar charts for the management using different techniques like data filtering, adding interactivity, deploying reports to report server using SSRS.
- Converted manual reports pasted together into parameter driven stored procedures to be used with Microsoft Reporting Services 2008.
- Created SSRS Data Model projects using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and using Report Builder for report server to create reports.
- Responded to ad hoc requests and special projects that require immediate attention while Confidential the same time maintaining deadlines on existing requests.
- Enriched SSAS Cubes for building reports using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to support reporting and forecasting processes.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and stored procedure to create reports using SSRS 2008 from the relational database and OLAP as SSAS 2008 source.
- Worked with project manager and technical leads for resolution of technical issues.
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, Erwin 7.2.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, stored procedures, and user defined functions to verify the data from the database to generate reports based on the business requirement.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into destination databases for further Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts.
- Utilized SSRS reports from different source formats and satisfying clients by representing reports and presentations.
- Generated matrix reports, tabular, drill-down, drill-through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Created Ad Hoc and parameterized various reports using SQL server 2005 reporting Services.
- Implemented multiple grouping into several reports using visibility and toggle options.
- Administrated and scheduled mailing subscriptions on SSRS reporting server.
- Produced parameter driven, matrix, sub-reports and integrated report hyper-link functionality to access external applications.
- Created Tabular and Matrix Reports with all aggregate functions and expressions.
- Created dashboard SSRS reports under report server projects and publishing SSRS reports to the report server.
- Developed functional and technical documentation to assist in the design, development and maintenance environments.
- Created SSRS Data Model projects using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and using Report Builder for report server to facilitate Ad-hoc reporting by the business users.
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Business Intelligence Development Studio, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server reporting Services (SSRS), SQL, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008/2005, MS Office, SQL Profiler.
Confidential, Totowa, NJ
MS SQL Server Developer
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, archive data file from different DBMS’s using SSMS on SQL Server 2005 environment, and deploy the data; Scheduled the jobs to do these tasks periodically;
- Optimized schema, performance, and capacity planning of various data transformation processes related to the reports.
- Made sure that standards and best practices in database development were followed and maintained.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2005 including database consistency checks and index defragmentation.
- Set up database backup and recovery strategies.
- Designed and Implemented the Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Maintained all records of project status and followed changes as per control procedures.
- Provided technical support to internal developers and external clients.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows Server, Windows NT, Visual studio 2005