Seeking position as a Software or Database Engineer.
- Database Architect and Basic Database Administration Skills. Installation, Backup and recovery, server agent, profiler and implementing high availability design options, and knowledge of many other components in SQL Server2008/2012 environment.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop Cluster in AWS using Cloudera CDH (Apache Impala, Hive, Sqoop and Apache Pig)
- Software Engineering using MVC, Dependency Injection and Repository Design Patterns.
- Experience using Visual Studio 2003/ 2005/2008/2010/2012
- Experience architecting relational databases in SQL Server 2005 - 2012, Oracle 11g/SQL Loader
- Experience in creating reports using Crystal Report and SSRS, SSIS.
Software: C#, VB.Net, Visual C++, C, ASP.NET, LINQ, AJAX, XML, XSD, HTML, and Crystal Report
Database: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , and Oracle 9 and 10g.
Tools: Enterprise Manager, TOAD, Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010 , Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Star Team.
Confidential, Downtown, DCSoftware or Database Engineer
- Working as .Net MVC 5.0 application developer and Database Engineer on DELTA application
- Database design, Conceptual/logical and physical modeling using Erwin.
- Providing Data model design and strategically incorporating team member feedback to produce high quality data models.
- Extending existing database schemas to support new development and working with UI developers to provide underling data to support the UI.
- Writing data migration script using T-SQL and SSIS packages.
- Analyzing SQL server production data for report errors and corrections.
- Create Stored Procedure, Triggers, View and any Database object to support new development.
- Creating\Modifying\Enhancing SSRS reports based on requirement.
Tools: SQL Server 2008, C#, MVC 5
- Worked as a software engineer to develop GOVZone application.
- Worked in a team of developers to analyze and implement user stories.
- Performed data modeling based on requirement and also translating flat file data into relational database schemas.
- Built new module in the application by working from back end database to building front end for user interaction.
Tools: C#, MVC 5, KENDO UI, SQL Server 2008 R2
Data Architect/Software Engineer
- Consolidating and rewriting Cold fusion applications into modern application using MVC design pattern
- Redesigning SQL server non relational database to a relational database.
- Creating data models for the new database schemas.
- Writing and tuning SQL queries for better performance- Using SQL profiler to monitor execution time and sometime reworking the query for better and efficient execution.
- Wrote and currently providing data migration strategy using plain T-SQL to handle all ETL needs for data migration from old databases to the new environment.
- Created from scratch reference architecture for new .NET MVC5 software application built on Dependency Injection using Repository Design Pattern.
- Implemented custom DOD Common Access Card (CAC) Authentication and Authorization using Authentication filters.
- Working with BA on requirement solicitation and analysis.
- Lead a team of 4 developers while providing direction to junior developers as needed and collaborating with other senior developers on design approach to solving problems.
Tools: C#, Razor, Bootstrap, MVC 5, Entity Framework, Dependency Injection, Repository Pattern Design, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL and Stored Procedure
- Working on new Tesla application suite to replace nMarket interface. The application enables user to access South Power Pool (SPP) nMarket for daily bids, offers, awards etc. Bids are created either in real time or day-ahead market.
- The application is used for submitting bids and awards for energy provision\request on Mega-Watts per hour basis.
- Data integration uses web service which was developed based on the nMarket API xsd schema.
- Back end data storage is Oracle using code-smith generator to generate necessary data access layer object.
- Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER .
Tools: Windows application. C#, Oracle-packages, PL/SQL, stored - procedure functions triggers, web service.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Reverse engineer major components of PMARS application which was preventing new developers from understanding how the system was built.
- PMARS application is a new application replacing a legacy one which is use to manage monetary transaction within the state department both local and overseas.
Tools: MS SQL Server and Configuration, C#.NET, Web Services, JQuery, Ajax, IIS Server and DevExpress
- Integrated CND (Computer Network Defense) tool known as ARCAT, ASCAT and PRSM (Dept. of States) web application with HBSS to produce a new product called CMRS.
- Built CMRS C# and Vb.NET web application in a VMware on Windows server 2008, SQL Server 2008.
- Modifying ARCAT web application and underlying database as necessary to support the CMRS and HBSS integration effort
- Set up web service developed by Confidential on the CMRS VM Server- windows server 2008.
- First phase of the CMRS prototype completed, tested and promoted to production.
- Set up SQL server reporting services on windows server 2008
- Building SSRS reports to support data presented to the user from CMRS application.
- Implementing change request from the client into CMRS application.
- Denormalizing DB tables to speed up SQL joins in stored procedures, Creating Triggers, Views and Stored Procedure where necessary.
- Profiling Stored Procedure for performance enhancement and introducing indexes where necessary with minimal tradeoffs.
- Prototyped migration of application to MVC3 framework.
- Configuring various VMs over the server to make sure they exchange data over secured connection.
- Participated in design and migration of from arcat and ascat relational database to a star schema. Currently exploring database cubes running off of the star schema.
Tools: Windows server 2003 and 2008, SQL Server 2005 and 2008, IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0, VM ware, VB.NET, C#, stored procedure, indexes, triggers, views, SSRS
- Worked on a logical survey application that helps promote psychological resilience among Confidential active duty members and their families.
- Took over completing the application from an outgoing company. Primary obligation was to complete the reporting module of the application; which was then followed by making changes base on client’s change request.
- Writing moderate to complex SQL queries to support client’s data request.
Tools: .NET Framework 4.0, MVC 3, Razor view, code-first, entity framework, SQL Server 2008 R2, C#, T-SQL
- Working in a team of developers as a software developer to implement end to end system integration between Monster, PAN Power, and other job sites, with Transportation Security Administration (TSA) hiring system.
- My responsibility on this project involves developing from the scratch the web service modules that integrates the hiring system with external systems which are; Monster job site, PAN (Performance Assessment Network, Inc) and CHS (Comprehensive Health Services) to help facilitate the hiring process for the applicant such as background check, medical drug test, computer based training etc.
- Modifying Database Schema using scripts, stored procedures, functions, views.
- Wrote a good amount of distributed queries, using Oracle LINKS to pull information from different database.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages,Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various sources.
- Data exchange is done through .Net Web Services and BPM Web Services and data access layer uses Oracle 10g with Oracle 11g client as the backend.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Creating new ASP.NET pages, and enhancing existing pages, to support new requirements using .net 3.5 framework.
Tools: Used: C#, ASP.NET, SOAP, XSD, XML, Web Services, Oracle 10g/11g and PL/SQL
- Converted reports written in classic ASP application into .Net reports using .Net Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008.
- The success of this project was based on my ability to implement the architectural design using Model-View-Presenter (MVP) Design Pattern, which was the preferred choice of the Software Architect.
- Provided guidance and assistance to another team mate and also coordinated the delivery of the project with the client and the business know-how personnel.
Staff Consultant\Technical Analyst
- Developed .Net client program to test and satisfy requirement for the machine to machine (M2M) component of the Service Oriented Architecture Foundation (SOA-F).
- Built a data transformation component using XSLT technology to feed data into multiple systems.
- Created new business objects and reworked old business objects to support new requirements for eHarmony System.
Tools: Used: C#, .ASP.NET, VB.NET, XSD, XML, XSLT, UNIX and Web Services
- Worked on an Oracle Web Application for the Confidential .
- I also performed query tuning where necessary using optimization tools in TOAD.