- 6+ years experienced in Data Modeling, Relational Database Architecture and Implementation, Systems Architecture and Development, Database Administration and implementation of Administration Standards. Over the years I have been involved in large number of project development, managed large number of Projects & been a DBA with large number of Database Servers.
- Experienced to deliver data management vision, goals, priorities, design principles, and operating policies in support of the business goals of the organization.
- Experienced in the agile software development process including working with the business to prioritize requirements into logical and manageable groups for rapid intake into the agile development process, based on development resource capacity.
- Expert level of experienced to develop database solutions by designing proposed systems, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back - up, and recovery modes.
- Experienced in determining database structural requirements by analyzing use-cases and performance objectives, including high availability using high availability solutions like Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, and Replication of databases for large, medium and small customers to further increase scalability and stability of business-critical systems.
- Experienced in working with 24/7 production Environment with thorough understanding of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Experienced in design, planning and migration of databases to Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Experienced in PowerShell for database administration and operational automation.
- Experienced with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools as well as 3rd party tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server 2012.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as SQL Sentry.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Experienced in developing SQL database and BI solutions using T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, query performance tunings, database development, implementation, support of data, and underlying data models.
- Experienced in Creating, Configuring and deploying various applications using SSRS and SSIS packages in Test and Production environments.
- Experienced in ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) data to and from heterogeneous data sources like Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Excel, Flat File, Data Warehouse and MS Access using SSIS Packages, BCP and Bulk Insert, in supported cube processing in SSAS.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools, such as (SQL Sentry, Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system stored procedures).
- Expertise in SQL Development to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, etc.)
- Ability to work with infrastructure and virtualization staff on the performance of hardware and virtual component across CPU, memory and backend storage environments to provide optimum hardware and operating systems selection.
- Self-motivated, directed and with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in working in team-oriented, collaborative environment & with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Ability to do light on-call rotation.
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2/ 2008/ 2005
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, Power Shell
Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) SQL Profiler, CommVault, SQL Sentry Plan Explorer, Confluence, Atlassian JIRA, Remedy, Agile Scrum Methodology, Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi, sp BlitzIndex, SAP Crystal Reports, Idera, Red Gate, ERwin Data Modeler, PerfMon, Radmin, SysAid
Office Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2012 R2, UNIX/Linux
Confidential, Reston, VA
DBA (SQL Server)
- Managed SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Worked with database engineering team on solutions / enhancements for recurring problems.
- Refined and automated regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Configured and maintained database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Implemented SQLAlwaysOn infrastructure in both UAT and Prod platform and migrated around 20 standalone databases into SQLAlwaysOn infrastructure.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), generate and publish custom report for end users. Developed and deployed different types of Reports using different data sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Excel, CSV files.
- As a part of database migration project, I was responsible to migrate MS SQL Server databases from data center to MS Azure (IaaS and PaaS) platform.
- Worked with the DevOps team to deploy the database changes to different environment.
- Developed Different Maintenance Plans for database maintenance and monitoring
- Performed Indexing, Query and Performance Tuning activities.
- Involved in security planning and environment documentation.
- Provided technical expertise in the use of database technology.
- Shared domain and technical expertise to other peers and team members.
- I was accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise's database environment.
- Monitored and analyzed performance metrics and allocated database resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Supported multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Involved in designing, architecting, and building databases from determining business requirements to plan and deploy test and production systems.
- Performed operational DBA duties, such as; installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implementing backup/recovery and monitoring procedures, capacity planning, site failover/switchover.
Environment: VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL server 2014/2012/2008 , Web Services, Oracle Fusion Middleware, SOA, People Soft, MDM, HTML, Windows Server 2012/2008 and UNIX.
Confidential, New York, NY
MS SQL SERVER DBA
- Involved in performing performance tuning, optimization, installations, reporting, backups, and restores, etc.
- Involved in working with High Availability (HA) features such as AlwaysOn, SQL Server Failover Clustering, etc.
- Developed, implemented, administered, and maintained policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s databases
- Implemented database backup & recovery, data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Resolved database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Determined and implemented appropriate change management policies and processes.
- Installed, configured, and maintained the general health of database servers and related infrastructure.
- Configured and monitored SQL server Agent jobs, system logs for alerts, errors and warnings, and available/free space on the OS and storage volumes and analyzed space usage history and recommend changes as needed.
- Created/updated documentation for new/existing maintenance and installation processes.
- Interfaced with clients, network, and hardware and system operations teams to resolve problems with application/database systems.
- Maintained expertise in MS SQL Server DBMS, logical and physical database design best practices.
- Managed monitoring / capacity management processes to ensure appropriate scale of growth.
- Ability to maintain 24/7 database data protection.
- Performed other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, VMware, SAN etc.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security, and maintenance of highly available enterprise database systems.
- Monitored backup jobs on all enterprise databases and performed routine disaster recovery scenarios.
- Troubleshoot and maintained database performance, including the proposal of short term fixes, long term solutions, and the regular scheduling of index maintenance and database integrity checks.
- Established and maintained database policies and standards.
- Generated database schema definitions and modifications as required.
- Refreshed data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff.
- Developed, followed, and maintained in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution.
- Followed ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management.
- Managed and resolved technical issues related to the implementation of MS SQL Server (software releases, patch management, tools, and capacity planning, backup and recovery strategies).
- Provided database technical guidance / training and hands on database administration supporting the application development teams throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects.
- Provided feedback to the design of logical and physical data models and the application code to ensure optimal performance of the system as applicable.
Environment: Epic Clarity, Clarity ETL SSIS, SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2008, T-SQL, Windows Server R2, .NET, VMware Virtualization, Idera Diagnostic Manager, Redgate, SQL Sentry Plan Explorer etc.