Operating Systems: MVS, VMS, Aix, Unix/Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP
Application Packages: Adobe Flash/Flex, MS Access, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Toad, SQL*Plus, Rational Rose, Rational CLEARQUEST, Visual SourceSafe, Erwin
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Progress, Model 204, Microsoft Access
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, ColdFusion, SQL, Transact SQL, Visual Basic, Progress User Language, and Model 204 User Language
Senior Software Engineer
- Supported both Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Ensured that jobs and backups ran successfully and data were properly loaded
- Created a data warehouse by writing stored procedures written in PL/SQL to extract data from division’s legacy system into new Oracle data warehouse; analyzed previous system written in COBOL and resolved data conversion issues
- Developed modern user interface using ColdFusion to access data warehouse and Adobe Flash/Flex to present results of user queries
- As a database engineer, I created SQL scripts in a Sybase environment running on Sybase IQ server in order to support the development of data warehouse
- As a data modeler, I analyzed several data sources to create Entity Relationship Diagrams as well as logical and dimensional data models using PowerDesigner
- Generated SQL scripts/queries to ensure data were being stored correctly in the warehouse
- Provided database and software support on a DOD contract
- Helped maintain the proper functioning of various Oracle 10.2 Databases
- Created several new Oracle DBs to support the agency’s mission
- Developed new SQL scripts to support the cleanup of data and new prototypes
- Modified PL/SQL programs to support the database statistics report used by several users
- Completed modifications to PL/SQL programs and functions to improve system performance, support a prototype application, and add auditing of long - running queries.
- Utilized TOAD, SQL Developer, and Oracle Enterprise Manager to assist daily activities
- Supported and assisted the DSS project with both software and database development
- Developed PL/SQL code and database SQL scripts against the Production Oracle 7.3.4 database
- Created, modified SQL scripts for complicated queries involving multiple tables for extracting data from the Case Control Management System (CCMS) to the Joint Personnel Adjudication system
- Designed database tables used in the extraction of data from CCMS
- Developed AD-HOC scripts for several different Data Manipulation functions, including reports and data extract requests from other agencies against a DOD Oracle database
- As a team lead, I was responsible for software issues regarding the Workflow part of CCMS:
- Software enhancements to improve system performance
- Modifications to add functionality and to fix problems with the CCMS application
- Reverse engineering the scoping subsystem of CCMS
- Utilized the following technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle Forms 4.5, Developer 2000, Visual Basic, UNIX, Window NT Server, Unified Modeling Language (UML), and Rational tools (i.e., CLEARQUEST, Rational Rose) and Visual SourceSafe.
- Served as part of the reverse engineering task by working with the customer to provide extensive requirement analysis to determine rules for how investigative leads should be scoped.
- Supported the move of the data retention activities to Boyers, Pa. by developing new SQL scripts, modifying PL/SQL and Visual Basic programs, providing Oracle DBA support and providing documentation and training to the staff at the facility in Boyers.
Senior Software Engineer
- Provided software support for the Defense Security Service (DSS)
- Maintained and developed code for the Case Control Management System (CCMS) using Oracle Forms and PL/SQL
- Responsible for back-end enhancements and screen modifications (using Oracle Forms tool of Developer 2000) in the Investigation Manager component of CCMS
- Developed PL/SQL procedures in development of new fingerprint program for DSS
- Supported the Mortgage Operations of Confidential Corporation
- Developed and maintained database applications using Progress, Oracle, and Microsoft Access to support several applications within Confidential Mortgage.
- As a member of the development team, assisted in creating a new loan origination system using Progress User Language. In addition, developed SQL scripts for a new data warehouse, modified the MS Access Forms using Microsoft’s VB for applications and wrote SQL Pass through queries to support an application for the Secondary Marketing Department.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Supported the National Marine Fisheries Service Office of Enforcement Application system
- Used Microsoft Access and Oracle Forms to assist in the full life-cycle development of a new system to track inspections and violations for Law Enforcement Officers
- Worked with Data Modeling tools (i.e., Erwin) to develop a logical model of the new system.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Assisted in the development and maintenance of a system for the State Department’s Office of Foreign Missions (OFM).
- Used MODEL 204 User Language to create a system for Diplomats after an extensive period of System Analysis and Design
- Created the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) subsystem using the Model 204 database and User Language