- 9+ years of IT experience with expertise in analyzing the requirements, application development, Testing, Production support and a major focus on database administration.
- Experience in installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017 on Windows servers 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012,2014,2016.
- Experience in upgrading MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 and higher versions.
- Good working experience in Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, T - SQL, and Query Analyzer.
- Excellent experience in In-Place and Side-by-side Upgrades from MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 and higher versions.
- Experience in Administrating, configuring, and supporting IIS 6, 7 & 8 with SSL based web applications.
- Experience in Windows Azure and SQL Azure.
- Good knowledge in monitoring technologies like MOM, SCOM.
- Experience in working with hyper-V and knowledge of VMware and ESX servers.
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), Triggers and Views using T-SQL.
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting various performance issues using SQL Profiler and Execution plans.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional.
- Experience in monitoring MS SQL Server databases and performance tuning using Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Expert in Security Administration creating Users, Roles, Granting Privileges, Managing Schemas Handling Database Security for windows/web applications.
- Experience in Monitoring Daily Maintenance Jobs, and Run DBCC checks for Indexing, Check DB, and Fragmentation etc.
- Expertise in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experience in Database Mirroring, Log shipping and Replication for high availability solutions.
- Good working experience on the high availability multi node clustering (active-active/active-passive).
- Provided after hours and 24/7 database maintenance and support
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to think outside the box
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled DTS Packages
- Experience in developing packages for the data transfers using ETL tools SSIS.
- Knowledge in ETL Tool Qlikview.
- Knowledge of reporting tools like SAS (Statistical Analysis software), OBIEE
- Knowledge on Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Map Reduce, Cassandra, Pig, Scoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Yarn, Mahout, Oozie, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, CDH 5.3, CDH 5.4
- Knowledge on Apache Cassandra 3.10 Admin
- Datastax Cassandra Admin-opscenter, Devcenter, nodetool, Cassandra loader
- Knowledge on AWS (amazon web services) infrastructure.
- A team player with excellent analytical, communication, Presentation & Systems Analysis skills
OS: Windows 2012/2008 R 2/2008/2003/2000 Servers, Unix, Linux
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2016/2014,2012/2008 R2/2005/2000, MS Access, Oracle, DB2
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, System Monitor /Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Upgrade Wizard, Databases Maintenance Plan, BIDS,SSIS,SSRS,SSAS
Languages: C, C++, Java, VB, T-SQL, PL/SQL, power shell
Third Party Tools: Erwin, Visio, Quest Lite speed, Red gate, perf analyzer, perf insight
BigData Technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Map Reduce, Cassandra, Pig, Scoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Yarn, Mahout, Oozie, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, CDH 5.3, CDH 5.4
NoSQL: MongoDB, Apache Cassandra,Datastax Cassandra-opscenter,devcenter, node tool
Sr. SQL DBA
- Working as a SQL DBA analyst on Confidential ’s database environment.
- Conducting Performance Review of SQL Database for business-critical applications with Production, development, and testing team
- Reviewing the current database issues in the production environment using the solar winds reports.
- Implementing maintenance solutions on the database server for health check of the database.
- Creating backup plans on production, development, and other environments.
- Creating database integrity and fragmentation rebuild jobs on scheduled basis.
- Analyzing the query plans for various stored procedures and rewriting the code as required to improve the performance.
- Re-compile all Stored Procedures on the Confidential ’s related databases.
- Re-index all existing indexes based upon the fragmentation and usage.
- Add relevant indexes after reviewing the query plans
- Run constraint checker to verify referential integrity
- Delete old files/databases not in use.
- Remove old users, review security policy
- Review naming convention and renaming tables/objects for consistency and standards
- DB-Optimization - identify areas for DBEs to re-architect
Technical Environment: SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 Enterprise edition, Windows 2012, windows 8, Database tuning Advisor, SQL profiler, SQL sentry plan explorer, SQL Idera tools, Solar winds, Red gate, performance monitor
Sr. SQL DBA
- Worked as SQL performance tuning DBA analyst on SQL 2014 environment.
- Conducted Performance Review of SQL Database for business-critical applications with development and testing team
- Generated Performance reports for SQL using SQL Idera and SQL sentry performance tools and analyzed the reports for SQL wait events, time consuming SQL queries, tablespace growth, database growth
- Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to various reporting/dashboard jobs, time/CPU consuming queries
- Used Explain Plan, SQL hints and creation of new indexes to improve the performance of SQL statements
- Denormalized the existing design by adding necessary columns to the tables to reduce the joins on the tables and changes in the stored procedure code.
- Set up a new database instance with Prod and Test Environment and provided database related support.
- Debugged various performance related issues stored procedure plans to analyze the time-consuming queries.
- Used database tuning advisor and SQL profiler to analyze the existing indexes and performance on the DB.
- Created scripts to update the statistics and reindexing maintenance scripts
Technical Environment: SQL 2014/2016 Enterprise edition, Windows 2012, windows 8, Database tuning Advisor, SQL profiler, SQL sentry plan explorer, SQL Idera tools, performance monitor
- Serve as a centralized resource for monitoring the Confidential Product Activations applications to ensure availability targets.
- Setup mirroring, replication & log shipping on SQL server 2008, 2008R2 and Always On for 2012 and 2014.
- Drive improvements in current monitoring process and communicate status of ongoing issue investigations to the appropriate audience and ensure completion of outstanding action items.
- Effectively resolved the Production issues in a timely manner. Closely work with engineering Build Team if it is required.
- Maintain the database servers for the applications across Product Activation. Suggest the best technical solutions to make the monitoring of server and applications faster and easier.
- Provide outstanding services to all customers, both internal and external.
- Work collaboratively with other support teams to ensure a seamless service.
- Communicate effectively throughout internal IT groups (verbally and written). Analyze, interprets, and communicates moderately complex system solutions and new technologies. Specific examples of systems might include: Server-side applications, IT-run applications, and Network systems.
- Learn different Monitoring tools available across the company. And utilize it very efficiently to find a best workaround for the problems. Learn other required software to learn/analyze/help the applications.
- Create Knowledge Base (KB) articles from the regular/critical incidents so it can help other people in a team to refer.
- Provide L3 application support for product activations of legacy products like Window XP, Office 2007, etc. and digital delivery of product keys for all Confidential products.
- Provide L3 support for the data warehouse hosting data from all product activation and digital delivery applications based on SSIS and SSAS.
- Proactively identify potential problems, log problem tickets and drive to resolve them followed by a detailed root cause analysis.
- Worked on azure hosted service application and issues.
- Resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, always on connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Work closely with remote support team also providing 24/7 Server Support.
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 Enterprise Edition. Windows Server 2008 R2/2008/2003 Enterprise Edition, MS Azure, SSMS, BIDS, T-SQL, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, System monitor, Windows Event Viewer SQL Server Configuration manager, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Import/Export Wizard, IIS 6.0/7.0, Powershell, SCOM 2007/2012
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 in multiserver environment.
- Involved in developing a virtual PPE environment for a product group using hyper-v.
- Upgraded SQL Server using In-place and Side by Side Upgrade in Prod, PPE and lab environments.
- Performed troubleshooting of database related issues during upgrade and migration process.
- Solved Issues related to Orphaned Users and Managed Logins, Users, Roles and User permissions.
- Performance tune and Optimize frequently used SQL Queries, Indexes and Stored Procedures.
- Designed and Implemented Disaster Recovery Procedures Log Shipping, Mirroring as well as Backup and Restore Strategies.
- Implemented high availability and disaster recovery using database mirroring with log shipping.
- Solved backup, copy, restore job failure, space, network, latency Issues related to Log Shipping.
- Handled various issues related to setup and configuration of Database Mirroring, log shipping and replication.
- Implemented Transactional replication to Admin and Report databases and resolved the issues.
- Solved latency, agent job failure, Synchronization issues related to Replication,
- Involved in scheduling Jobs, Alerts using SQL Server Agent as required.
- Involved in setup of monitoring using SCOM monitoring.
- Created automation procedure for patching production servers.
- Involved in deploying changes to production and PPE environments.
- Involved in creating and renewal of SSL certificates.
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies involving complete database backup/ Restore, transaction log backup/restore.
- Create, test, and conduct performance tuning on SQL Server databases using Windows Performance Monitor and SQL Server Profiler and used Confidential tools perf insight and perf analyzer.
- Did perform Administrative functions which are Update Statistics, Re-indexing.
- Involved in solving production issues on web servers and biz talk server’s administration.
- Used power shell scripts to automate few tasks on production servers.
- Used SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor for solving Deadlock, Performance Issues.
- Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries and improve the Performance.
- Solved Issues related to Synchronization of Data in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Used SSIS, Import/Export to Copy, move Data from one server to another, Excel to SQL Server.
- Provided 24 x 7 on call support for all the SQL application on production server.
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005 Enterprise Edition. Windows Server 2008 R2/2008/2003 Enterprise Edition, SSMS, BIDS, T-SQL, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, System monitor, Windows Event Viewer SQL Server Configuration manager, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Import/Export Wizard, DTS Exchange, Import Export wizard, IIS 6.0/7.0, PowerShell, SCOM 2007
SQL Server DBA/ BI
- Responsible for installation and configuration of SQL server 2008/2005/2000
- Solved all the issues encountered in migrating from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Implemented Active\Passive and Active\Active Clustering and Installed SQL 2005 for production application support.
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
- Worked on various tools like SQL LightSpeed for backups.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential integrity rules and regulations through constraints, triggers and views, partitioned views.
- Converting existing DTS Packages to Integration Service (SSIS) Packages.
- Created SSIS packages for various DB Activities like transfer logins, perform bulk insert operations, refreshing environments by transferring data.
- Troubleshooting various issues encountered while converting existing DTS Packages to SSIS Packages.
- Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the database from OLTP database.
- Involved in loading the partner flat files into the OLTP database. Also, developed the T-SQL stored Procedures / functions to process these data and populate them in the appropriate destination tables.
- Configured Transactional replication methods for reporting server capabilities.
- Develop metadata models, schemas and views to support user-defined reports.
- Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler and execution plans.
- Resolving performance related issues to Blocking, Deadlocks and long running queries
- Monitoring the Database Server's Health and Tuning Accordingly.
- Provided 24 x 7 Production support for the database and application issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, T-SQL, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, Windows 2003 Server
SQL Programmer Analyst
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as UAT/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions, and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Set-up and Design of Backup and Recovery Strategy for various databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into the staging tables.
- Used DTS Packages as ETL tool for migrating Data from oracle 10g to SQL server 2005.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, 2005 Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Oracle 9i,10g Windows 2003/2000 Server