- Experienced in delivering on assigned SQL Server Infrastructure projects (e.g. new software releases, patch upgrades feature exploitation, security and audit, etc.) with participation throughout the project lifecycle.
- +7 years of experience in SQL server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005 Installation, Upgrade, Migration, writing T - SQL queries, troubleshooting, Configuration and Administration in windows platform.
- Experienced in consolidation of databases to migrate database from stand-alone platform to SQLAlwaysOn infrastructure that covers both High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Experienced in supporting very large and highly transactional databases and troubleshooting various performance bottle necks on different environment (production, DEV, UAT, Test etc.).
- Experienced in database Backup, Recovery, and Disaster Recovery procedures. Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Maintained database level and object level security best practice by creation of users, Configuring, permissions and assigning different roles to Users.
- Experienced with configuring database with high availability techniques like Replication, Clustering as well as implementing disaster recovery techniques like database mirroring and log shipping.
- Experienced in working with Database Backup Compression, Data Collection, Policy-based management, Resource Governor, SQL server Audit.
- Experienced in designing, creating and publishing custom OLTP and OLAP reports using Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Intensively experienced in monitoring/tuning SQL Server and database performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experienced in managing databases on multiple disks using Disk Mirroring and RAID technology.
- Experienced in optimizing code and improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Experienced in protecting databases from potential vulnerabilities by limiting extensive user and group privileges, and by fixing orphaned databases users, roles, and groups, protecting databases from malicious sql codes that causes sql injection
- Experienced in implementing different types of Replication Models.
- Experienced in writing and debugging Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers.
- Expert in performing database consistency checks and planning and scheduling, Backup & Recovery.
- Experienced in monitoring Performance, Activity and Auditing using tools/utilities: SQL Server profiler, SQL Server Performance Dashboard, SSMS, DDL triggers and Event notification.
- Proficient in End to End Troubleshooting to mitigate performance issues caused by blocks and deadlocks.
- Self-motivated, directed and with keen attention to detail; Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in working in team-oriented, collaborative environment and with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Ability to do light on-call rotation
Database Application software: SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005Database tools SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Business intelligence(BI), Best practice Analyzer
Programming language: T-SQL, MS SQL, power shell
Operating System: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
DB Utilities: SQL server management Utilities, query Analyzer
ETL Tools: SSIS (integration service)
Network Topologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP
Reporting packages: SQL server reporting services(SSRS)
Application software: Microsoft office
Confidential, Washington DC
MS SQL Server DBA
- Ensure that proposed and existing database architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Worked as a lead in database consolidation project where we migrated 40+ production stand-alone databases into SQLAlwaysOn infrastructure.
- Responsible for monitoring of database environment for stability, performance, availability and recoverability.
- Worked with Security Administration to insure that proper security was in place for the data.
- Ensured integrity, availability and performance of database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
- Support project development following documented standards, policies and procedures (Change Management Process)
- Participation in a rotational on-call schedule 24/7 support many time which entails occasional participation in after-hours and weekend incident resolution, support of production implementations, infrastructure activities, and various disaster recovery exercises.
- Performed troubleshooting and maintenance of multiple databases.
- Monitored databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
- Managed database logins and permissions for users.
- Designed, Created, Expanded, Shrink, Dropped and Set Database options.
- Involved in Backing up Databases, Transaction logs and implementing Backup & Restore strategy.
- Developed and Optimized Stored Procedures and Functions using T-SQL.
- Experienced in creating, publishing, and managing reports, then delivering them to the right users and Operational support for SQL Reporting services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in T/SQL development and writing different scripts which support operations
- Experienced in handling PII and other sensitive information.
- Worked with MS SQL Server Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) to build high-performance data integration and for data warehousing process.
- Set up Database Mirroring and Log shipping for high Availability. and disaster recovery
- Migration of database servers retiring the old server.
- Involved in Database migration project where we migrate 10+ databases from Data Center to MS Azure Cloud PaaS platform and have good experience in managing database in azure.
- Worked on Database & Application Deployment on, QA and Development environments.
- Extensively given database support (Production, QA and Development environments).
- Performed numerous Disaster recoveries.
- Involved in supporting critical production databases and worked on 24*7 production support. On call and after hours more than 10 time
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014, Windows 2008/2012 Server, SQL Lite Speed, TFS, SSIS,SSRS,SSAS.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
SQL server DBA
- Checked the previous night’s SQL Server database and transaction log backups and SQL Server Agent jobs for errors.
- Implemented SQL login, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Polices for various categories of users.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Deployed new patches release by Development environment to UAT and Production.
- Monitored the server for High availability of the servers.
- Involved in solving the request raised by user support.
- Performed Day to Day administration of live SQL Servers.
- Checked all databases to make sure all are up and running.
- Provided 24x7 supports to a number of mission in our production databases may times
- Checked SQL Server and Windows applications and system event log entries for warnings and errors and determine if any entries warrant further investigation
- Performed system maintenance, such as disk defragmentation, windows updates, SQL server cumulative updates.
- Worked with project manager and business users to understand business processes, gather project requirement documents and translate them into SQL database, ETL Design Specifications and SSRS reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 r2, IIS, Windows Server, SQL DB Access, Performance Monitor, Backup Utility, MOM, MSE and SiteScope.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
SQL Server Dba
- Involved in managing backup strategy, monitoring logs, advising and benchmarking on hardware configurations.
- Involved in gathering and trending appropriate DB and server metrics, managing DB-level security, and protecting against potential vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection.
- Ensured that application upgrades properly propagate across multi-server, multi-DBs during the rapid build cycle.
- Involved in advising on Disaster Recovery planning and support for SLA.
- Involved in coordinating DB and system jobs that interacted with the application.
- Optimized data structures with proper tradeoffs of redundancy, normalization, read / write tables, inside a tiered database structure which contains several layers of aggregation data, detailed data, live data, and lookup data.
- Involved in identifying key scale factors for heavy operations to determine the approximate scale impact and identified bottlenecks in the application -- and suggest and implement remedies.
- Involved in supporting of all databases in multiple High Availability environments.
- Involved in Installation and supporting for all production and non-production databases.
- Provided data migration, transformation, backup & recovery, performance and tuning.
- Developed processes, procedures, and jobs to monitor and/or automate tasks required to maintain databases.
- Involved in managing backup strategy, monitoring logs, advising on hardware configurations.
- Managed DB-level security and protecting against potential vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection.
- Worked on SQL Server Reporting Services.
Environment: MS SQL Server, MS Office, Oracle, Windows, XML, MS Project.