- Around 6 years of Database Administration and Development experience on MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 in Production, Dev and Test environments.
- Experience with SQL server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2 / 2008/ 2005/ 2000 Installation, Upgrade, Migration, Configuration, and Administration with clustered and non - clustered environment.
- Developed SQL Server Upgrade plan, Database Migration strategy and application testing plan.
- Implemented In place and Side by Side Migration of SQL Server 2000/2005 to 2008 R2 and 2008R2 to 2012, 2012 to 2014.
- Prepared documentation for Change Management process and Database Standard to follow.
- Through experience in designing database Backup, Recovery, and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Expertise in creating and managing databases and users. Evaluating user permissions and granting access to authorized users using least privilege policy.
- Good Knowledge in configuring database with high availability techniques like Replication, clustering as well as implementing disaster recovery techniques like Database Mirroring and log shipping.
- Implemented Always on - High Availability Disaster recovery in prod and non-prod environments.
- Well Experience in investigating and applying necessary SQL server service packs and CU's.
- Actively involved in System Performance by tuning SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler, Database Engine, Tuning Advisor, Windows performance monitor, DMVs, Resource Governor, Data collection Reports, DBCC and Custom Script, Built in performance Report and Activity Monitor.
- Managed SQL instances using power shell scripts.
- Worked extensively in clustered environment (active / passive) to further increase scalability and stability of business critical systems.
- Migrated DTS 2000 packages to SSIS packages in 2005 using Migration Wizard.
- Automation of routine tasks by writing T-SQL automation scripts.
- Well experienced on working with active directory and windows server.
- Hands on experience in writing and debugging Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Complex queries using T-SQL, SQL Scripts and Batch files.
- Monitoring Dashboard Reports for Performance Tuning and finding bottleneck in database.
- 24*7 Production support experience.
- Have proficient time-management skills, possesses high working qualities with good interpersonal skills, highly motivated, fast learner, good team player and very proactive in problem solving with providing best solutions.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 MS-Access 2003/2007
Operating Systems: Windows server 2012/2008/2003 Advanced Server, NT & Windows
SQL server Tools: Enterprise Manager, Management studio, Profiler, PerMon, DMV s, DMF s, Query Analyser, Export & Import, DTA, SSIS, Replication, PowerShell
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
MS SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2014, 2012 on standalone and clustered Environment with Best Practices.
- Successfully Installed SQL server 2005 on windows 2008 Enterprise Edition advanced servers, applied service packs and security fixes.
- Good experience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing Cubes using SQLServer Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Migrating from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008 and redirecting users to migrated server.
- Working with system administrator team to virtualize windows and SQL Environment with SQL Server Upgrade to 2012 and/or 2014, Database Migration.
- Changes in schema and stored procedures according to changes made in application.
- Created power shell script to monitor response time on OLTP applications.
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules. Monitor connections, locks and performance of SQL server.
- Responsible for Application pools creations according application security and performance needs.
- Responsible for Query optimization and Performance tuning, tuned SQL queries using Show Plans and Execution Plans.
- Good experience working on Linux to communicate with other DB platforms.
- Created checklists to install SQL Server installation, service packs, security fix and MS SQL cluster installation.
- Implemented and Scheduled different Database Backup strategies like Full, Differential and Transactional log backup.
- Working experience in a 2-node cluster environment in production where 1 node is active and the other passive.
- Implemented SQL Server high availability solutions including clustering, replication and log shipping.
- Have good experience in installing and configuring SSL certification for security reasons.
- Writing scripts to automate SQL tasks using power shell.
- Worked with Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
- Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers etc as required.
- Tuning Queries and Database performance using tools SQL Server Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler.
- Design and implement Backups and Restore database policies.
- Preparing the golden bits and scripts for smooth deployments to production using applications like Octopus and Sequence manager.
- Install, configure and maintain systems running Windows server 2003/2008 & IIS 6.0/7.0 and participate in server upgrade and planning.
- Good experience in generating reports using SSRS services.
- Involved in deploying and managing websites on IIS servers in both Preview and Production environments.
- Capacity Planning, Storage Planning, Hardware Upgrade's and Preparing Estimates for Database, table size growth.
- Preparing RCA's/Postmortem for high Severity tickets/issues.
- Performance monitoring, remote administration, Web application management, automation for Internet facing applications.
- Provided 24/7 supports to all production, development, staging and clustered servers.
MS SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) and Data Analyst
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2000 on Window 2000/NT OS.
- Managing of database objects like Tables, views, stored procedures, indexes etc.
- Written complex stored procedures and functions according to business requirements.
- Implementing Backups and restoring when necessary.
- Used BCP utility to publish table output to text files.
- Developed DTS Packages to transfer the data between SQL Server database and files.
- Creation and management of Database maintenance plan for various database consistency checks.
- Developed original system for tracking database objects (tables, views, procedures, etc.) over multiple Sybase servers using Unix Shell Scripting.
- Creating monthly transaction report for all sections. Developing of Multi-Lingual Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Designed and Implemented Reports using Business Objects Full Client.
- Reports were developed using Crystal Reports utility.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Worked on monitoring and tuning of SQL scripts. Created upgrade scripts for production database and supported it.
- Managing of users including creation/alteration, grant of system/db roles and permission on various database objects.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Extensively Developed SQL scripts for maintaining administration tasks.
- Develop documentation that sufficiently describes technical deliverable as required for internal controls so that the maintenance responsibility can be passed on to production support team.