- Highly Skilled IT professional with 8 years of experience in database design and development on Microsoft SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2012/2016 , T - SQL, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Data-warehousing.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Analysis, Design and Review of Business and Software Requirement Specifications
- Strong experience in creating T-SQL objects, working with DDL/DML, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experienced in using complex T-SQL queries, Dynamic SQL, Sub-queries and complex Joins Microsoft T-SQL to create and optimize database objects - Tables, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Transactions, CTEs, Joins and performance tuning.
- Experience in designing the logical data model and physical data model.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases and Agile environment
- Experience in SSIS package scripting, scheduling, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Expert in designing (development) and deployment of SSIS package from various sources like MS access, oracle, Excel, Microsoft SQL server, flat file, and XML.
- Proficient in performing various SSIS data transformation task such as Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Aggregate Functions, Merge Join, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Event Handlers, and Error Handlers etc.
- Experience in reporting services configuration manager to configure and maintain Report Manager, Report server, Send emails to the end user, and Scheduling reports.
- Experienced in developing OLAP Cubes, Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Proficient in Data mining models, deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Good Understanding of Data marts, Data warehouse, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data modeling like Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensional table using SSAS.
- Excellent experience in MS SQL Server database and ETL capabilities using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Proficient in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS packages
- Experienced in creating reports for business analysis and management purposes using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced in creating Drill Down and Drill Through, Ad-Hoc, Parameterized reports, Sub-reports, Snapshots, designing report layout using SQL SSRS
- Expert in involving variety of features using complex expressions to Calculate, Group, Filter data in the report using SQL SSRS
- Knowledge of data warehouse, star schema and snowflake schema
- Excellent Communication skills, excelling as a team player and equally excelled when worked individually to achieve all project deliverables successfully.
- Proficient in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduling SSIS packages using SQL server agent.
- Expert in creating various types of complex reports using SSRS (SQL server reporting services) such as Drill-Down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Matrix, Ad-hoc, Sub-Reports, and Charts.
- Expert in Designing and deploying reports on the portal as per the end user requests using web interface and report manager.
Database: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Software Applications & Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013, BIDS, TFS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, MS Office, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Programming Languages: SQL, TSQL, VB, VB.NET, C, C++.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, ASP.Net (Basic)
Modeling & Reporting: SharePoint, Microsoft Office, MS Visio
Project Management Tools: MS Outlook, MS Visio 2012, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Google G-Suite
Project Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall
Sr. MSBI/SQL Developer
- Gathered end user’s requirements, Developed Logical Model, and implemented requirements using SQL server 2016.
- Worked on Subscribers, Publications for Replication scripts.
- Created SQL scripts for initial and incremental loads into production of all the tables.
- Worked on Data transfer from a Text file to SQL Server by using bulk insert task in SSIS.
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Developers in identifying the requirements, designing and implementing the Database Schema.
- Documented and maintained database system specifications, diagrams, and connectivity charts.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Involved in complete lifecycle implementation of the project from gathering user requirements, preparation of technical specifications documents, designing and developing reports, Integration testing, Unit testing to Go live production support.
- Developed Workflows to create an efficient way of communication among different Agencies by Auto-Email notifications for key updates on any Dynamics CRM records
- Created MDX queries to retrieve data from the cube and to display SSRS reports.
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop Containers and Fuzzy Lookups etc.
- Interacted with various Businesses, Management and IT units and analyzed business & functional requirements.
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate and Derived Column.
- Submitted and participated in daily defect review meetings emphasis was to help reduce the quantity of defects not being detected prior to UAT.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler and SQL Analyzer.
- Involved in gathering, understanding and validating the project specifications.
- Expertise in constructing T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Indexes, User Defined Data Types, Constraints to facilitate efficient data manipulations as per the business rule.
- Providing support in designing, developing, analyzing, testing, debugging, and executing C# programs for windows desktop and web-based applications
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries also trimming lengthy queries by replacing sub queries with JOINS to enhance the performance of Databases.
- Involved in migration of large amount of data from OLTP to OLAP by using ETL Packages.
- Created and managed Database(s) on SQL AZURE. Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server Azure Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Participated in the meetings between Business Users and Technical team to gather and discuss the business requirements and convert them into technical/functional requirements.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly and Monthly SSIS package execution process using SQL Server Agent jobs.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , Visual Studio2017, 2015,2013, Framework 4.5, C#.Net, XML, Entity Framework, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Windows server 2010, Business intelligence development studio, Tableau 10.4, SQL profiler, MS Visio-SQL, DTS, Data Analyzer.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Worked with web application development team, supported the backend to performing frontend enhancements.
- Worked on Full life cycle development (SDLC) of the project involving in all stages of development.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL join for SSRS report.
- Designed and developed ETL process using SSIS to load data from various sources like MS Access and SQL Server
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Implemented pre-validation and post-validation for the data imports.
- Created archival jobs to archive last iterations of data.
- Created work flow items in version control system (Visual Studio TFS) to assign work to team
- Created mail notifications to notify success and error notifications using Sp send dbmail.
- Tuned the performance by making use of clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of performance tuning exercise.
- Monitor SQL Error Logs /Schedule Tasks/database activity/eliminate Blocking & deadlocks /user counts and connections/locks etc.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Ad-hoc, Matrix Reports, parameterized reports using MSBI (SSRS).
- Designed around 80 parameterized Complex reports for the Client users.
- Created Indexed views, and appropriate indexes to cut the complex query run time.
- Involved in setting up the SQL scripting standards for the developers.
- Debugged Stored Procedures and (DDL /DML) Triggers, Functions as per client requirements
- Implementation of SQL Principle, Securable, Permission, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Worked very closely with Business Customers, End Users and resolved any business process related issues.
- Performing query plans and making sure each query is using appropriate useful indexes.
- Used SQL Profiler for Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O, SQL Queries.
- Provided ongoing support and configuration for JIRA projects, workflow, screens, fields, permissions and other administrative tasks
- Created UTP document and performed unit test processing.
- MDX queries to retrieve data from cubes using SSIS.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/12 Enterprise Edition, DB2, AS400, Microsoft Visual Basic, VBScript, XML, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Performance Point Server, Planning Business Modeler, Visual Studio 2005/2008.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Creating and maintaining various databases on Production and development environments using SQL Server 2012 / 2008R2 / 2005 .
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Created Stored Procedures, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc. on various database objects to obtain the required results.
- Defined the report layout and identified datasets in all reports for the report generation.
- Writing SQL Server Integration Services packages and deploy it in Development/Testing and production server.
- Expertise in data preparation with experience in blending multiple data connections and creating multiple joins across same and various data sources.
- Used and created various visualizations in reports like scatter plot, box plot, Sankey chart, bar graphs, Gantt chars, trend lines, waterfall charts, statistical models, heat maps, geo-maps allowing end users to utilize full functionality of the dashboard.
- Used Parameters and Quick filters, Dynamic X and Y axes using Parameters, Table Calculations.
- Defined the report layout and identified datasets in all reports for the report generation.
- Created reports like linked reports, sub reports and filters in SQL server reporting services.
- Generated and formatted Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Work with the developers, data quality analysts and customer support and operations technicians to troubleshoot all databases.
- Worked with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Create data extracts and reports based on business requirements.
- Deploy, upgrade and configure new database and Coordinate database migrations with developers and other stakeholders.
- Created complex dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations and drill down and drill up in worksheets and customization using filters and actions.
- Experience on working in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Optimize various SQL queries to make the reports run faster .
- Export reports in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text and CSV.
- Create nested, conditional subgroups and formatting features in reports.
- Create Sub reports called from the main report to implement the business logic.
- Generate reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts .
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (Visual studio)2010/2012 (SSIS, SSRS), DTS, Data Analyzer, TSQL, SQL profiler, Tableau, MS Share Point Server, Azure, MS Word, MS Excel.