- Around 7 + years of experience as a Data Analyst, including profound expertise and experience on statistical data analysis such as transforming business requirements into analytical models, and strategic solutions that scales across massive volumes of data.
- Experience as Database architect, Administrator/Developer related to Financial, Mortgage, databases on SQL Server 2008 R 2 / 2005 / 2000 / 7.0 , Green plum 3.3.4/4.1, Oracle 10g, PostgreSQL 9.0/9.1
- Expert in R and Python scripting. Worked in stats function with NumPy, visualization using Matplotlib/Seaborn and Pandas for organizing data.
- Strong experience in Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Data Import, and Data Export through the use of multiple ETL tools such as Ab Initio and Informatica PowerCenter Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements - Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, SQL, PL/SQL (Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Sql Server 2008, DB2, Teradata), Google Analytics, Cloud Data Amazon Redshift
- Solid Excellent experience in creating cloud-based solutions and architecture using Amazon Web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Proficient in SQL across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQLServer, and Oracle).
- Hand on Cloud computing using Microsoft Azure with various BI Technologies.
- Possess in depth knowledge of SAS programming (ETL operations, SAS MACRO, SAS Procedures, SQL and Production support).
- Experience in Programming Languages like Python, UNIX Shell Programming, C# .Net and Pro*C
- Experience in Data Profiling and implementing Data Quality checks using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ). Python, Apache Spark.
- Have work experience with various Python Integrated Development Environments like PyCharm, Eclipse.
- Experience in developing and debugging SAS code, identify issue in the code, handling process failures on UNIX servers, and analyze Oracle DB tables, writing queries.
- Experience in implementation of PL/SQL and SAS programming to recognize bugs in an existing application code and modifying as per the new business requirements.
- Experience in automating and scheduling the Informatica jobs using UNIX shell scripting configuring Korn-jobs for Informatica sessions.
- Extensive experience in Text Analytics, generating data visualizations using R, Python and creating dashboards using tools like Tableau.
- Experienced in writing code in R and Python to manipulate data for data loads, extracts, statistical analysis, modeling, and data munging.
- Utilized analytical applications like R, SPSS, Rattle and Python to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into risk management and marketing strategies that drive value.
- Skilled in performing data parsing, data manipulation and data preparation with methods including describe data contents, compute descriptive statistics of data, regex, split and combine, Remap, merge, subset, reindex, melt and reshape.
- Highly skilled in using visualization tools like Tableau, ggplot2 and d3.js for creating dashboards.
- Hands on experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Impala, PySpark, Spark SQL.
- Good knowledge in Database Creation and maintenance of physical data models with Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, DB2, MongoDB, HBase and SQL Server databases.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Quires like Stored Procedures, triggers, joints, and Sub quires.
- Interpreted problems and provides solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Worked extensively on Importing Data into Holdings SQL Server Database from Maximis (Back office & Middle Office) using SSIS, VB .Net Console Application and SQL Scripts.
- Knowledge of working with Proof of Concepts (PoC's) and gap analysis and gathered necessary data for analysis from various sources, prepared data for data exploration using data munging and Teradata.
- Experienced with Data Analytics, Data Reporting, Ad-hoc Reporting, Graphs, Scales, Pivot Tables and OLAP reporting.
- Ability to work with managers and executives to understand the business objectives and deliver as per the business needs and a firm believer in team work.
- Worked closely with customer's, cross-functional teams, research scientists, software developed, and business teams in an Agile/Scrum work environment to drive data model implementations and algorithms into practice.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Cloud Data Management
Sr. Data Analyst
Confidential - Glendale, CA
- Involved in data extraction, transforming and loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked as Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decision.
- Improved visibility regarding trends within data by authoring and presenting executive dashboards and scoreboards using Excel, V - Lookup, and VBA-Macros.
- Created dashboards, reports, visualizations and analytics using Qlik view followed by ETL to integrate different data subsets from different databases SQL server, MySQL, Postgres and Oracle.
- Carried Data visualization and analysis on Data sources provided using Qlik view and accessed reports generated through Qlik sense cloud.
- Created ETL scripts under Vertica and Oracle database platform, cleared dataset anomalies using SSIS and SSAS.
- Linked business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Created Mapping documents, ETL technical specifications and various documents related to data migration.
- Involved in data Analysis of sources being used to create production environment reporting systems to determine if coding changes or data source changes would make difference in output as well and/or runtime.
- Worked on production environment changes to the commission system as per requests from stakeholders.
- Developed complex SQL Queries to validate the data in the Cognos Custom reports against Safety Database.
- Established a Data Quality program for Product Information Management ensuring maintenance data quality over time for the client's three major products: Insurance, Credit and savings.
- Analyzed the existing legacy systems, data lineage, data transformations rules and documented Business and Functional requirements for implementing.
- Used SAS to mine, alter and retrieve data from a variety of sources and perform statistical analysis.
- Worked on data governance and defined processes concerning how data is stored, archived, backed up, and protected from mishaps, theft or attack.
- Used Data warehousing for Data Profiling to examine the data available in an existing database and created Data Mart.
- Written PL/SQL Stored Procedures and Functions for Stored Procedure Transformation in Informatica.
- Implemented PL/SQL scripts in accordance with the necessary Business rules and procedures.
- Generated SQL and PL/SQL scripts to create and drop database objects including: Tables, Views, and Primary keys, Indexes, Constraints, Packages, Sequences and Synonyms.
- Conducted or participated in requirement gathering workshops.
- Interfaced with business and technology stakeholders to gather, analyze, and document business and data requirements.
- Used HP Quality Center for UAT Test Case Management and defect tracking and resolution.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Analyzed of functional and non - functional categorized data elements for data profiling and mapping from source to target data environment. Developed working documents to support findings and assign specific tasks
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases within the organization.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases.
- Responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop multiple custom models and algorithms to drive innovative business solutions.
- Performed Data profiling, preliminary data analysis and handle anomalies such as missing, duplicates, outliers, and imputed irrelevant data.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the applications that were a main source of data for the customers.
- Removed outliers using Proximity Distance and Density based techniques.
- Created macros and VBA code to combine Excel files and spreadsheets and to perform routine calculation
- Experienced in using supervised, unsupervised and regression techniques in building models.
- Performed Market Basket Analysis to identify the groups of assets moving together and recommended the client their risks
- Experience in deployed Hadoop cluster on public and private cloud environments like: Amazon AWS, Rackspace and Open stack.
- Extensive experience in development of T-SQL, OLAP, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages, performance tuning and optimization for business logic implementation.
- Experience in data migration Masterworks via FTP to a Amazon cloud (AWS).
- Build Python controllers for analyzing advertising patterns and business growth.
- Experienced in determine trends and significant data relationships using advanced Statistical Methods.
- Developed automated data pipelines from various external data sources (web pages, API etc.) to internal data warehouse (SQL server, AWS), then export to reporting tools like Datorama by Python.
- Used Informatica power center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Created HBase tables to load large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data coming from UNIX, NoSQL and a variety of portfolios.
- Studied and reviewed application of Kimball data warehouse methodology as well as SDLC across various industries to work successfully with data-handling scenarios, such as data
- Implemented techniques like forward selection, backward elimination and step wise approach for selection of most significant independent variables.
- Performed Feature selection and Feature extraction dimensionality reduction methods to figure out significant variables.
- Used RMSE score, Confusion matrix, ROC, Cross validation and A/B testing to evaluate model performance in both simulated environment and real world.
- Performed Exploratory Data Analysis using R. Also involved in generating various graphs and charts for analyzing the data using Python Libraries.
- Involved in the execution of multiple business plans and projects Ensures business needs are being met Interpret data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Developed interactive dashboards, created various Ad Hoc reports for users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to Scrum for the stakeholder review.
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Involved in Analysis and Implementation/translation of Business User requirements.
- Worked on collection of large sets using Python scripting. Spark SQL
- Implemented full lifecycle in Data warehouses and Business Data marts with Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, and SCD & Dimensional Modeling.
- Created SSIS package for daily email subscriptions to alert Tableau subscription failure using the ODBC driver and PostgreSQL database.
- Performed Data Analysis using Python, Apache Spark, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Workbench
- Created and executed SAS edit check programs and SAS macro and format libraries
- Consumed Amazon S3 files from data lake and created base layer, metric layer, aggregation layer to be used by Tableau Dashboards.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain databases and load processes utilizing Netezza, Jitterbit, Informatica Analyst, Informatica Cloud, and Salesforce technologies.
- Resolved user queries on the data present in Data Warehouse and AWS Cloud and help the users in providing the definitions and data usage.
- Developed complex store procedures, efficient triggers, required functions, creating indexes and indexed views for better performance.
- Assisted Business Objects & Tableau Report Developers to develop reports based on the requirements.
- Worked with supporting business analysis and marketing campaign analytics with data mining, data processing, and investigation to answer complex business questions.
- Created data models for AWS Redshift and Hive from dimensional data models.
- Worked on Data modelling, Advanced SQL with Columnar Databases using AWS.
- Experienced in creating Hive Tables, Partitioning and Bucketing.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL queries on various sources systems including Oracle 10g/11g and SQL Server 2012.
- Identified inconsistencies in data collected from different source.
- Worked with business owners/stakeholders to assess Risk impact, provided solution to business owners.
- Experienced in determine trends and significant data relationships Analyzing using advanced Statistical Methods.
- Carrying out specified data processing and statistical techniques such as sampling techniques, estimation, hypothesis testing, time series, correlation and regression analysis Using R.
- Applied various data mining techniques: Linear Regression & Logistic Regression, classification, clustering.
- Took personal responsibility for meeting deadlines and delivering high quality work.
- Strived to continually improve existing methodologies, processes, and deliverable templates.
- Visualization of data and then retrieving meaningful analysis using queries from graphs and then displayed on Splunk Cloud
- Performed reverse engineering on a database to sync Erwin data model with database model.
Confidential - Bridgeport, CT
- Created Test Cases based on the Business requirements (Also referred Source to Target Detailed mapping document & Transformation rules document).
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back - end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the database in UNIX environment.
- Interacted with the end users frequently and transferred the knowledge to them
- Conducted and participated JAD sessions with the Project managers, Business Analysis Team, Finance and development teams to gather, analyze and document the Business and reporting requirements.
- Worked with Model Manager and multiple data marts, involving multiple Subject Areas simultaneously, domains and naming Standards.
- Included documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Validated and updated the appropriate LPDM's to process mappings, use cases, business object model, and system object model as they evolve and change.
- Worked on Data Stage ETL in development and support of multiple Data warehouse environments.
- Collaborated with the Reporting Team to do Monthly Summary Level Cubes to support the further aggregated level of detailed reports.
- Prepared documentation for all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, and glossary evolve and change during the project.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, alerts for ensuring the warehouse data integrity checks and shell scripts to balance the data between source and target tables after each ETL process