- Around 7 years of professional IT experience in design, development, implementation and support of mission - critical Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Design, develop, and deliver business intelligence solutions using Power BI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (MDS), and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization techniques on database Tables.
- Have excellent skills in Data Warehouse: Relational and Multi-Dimensional databases: Data Migration: System & Data Integration, Reporting: Analysis and Software Development and Data Management.
- Expert in creating and using Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions.
- Good in creating Sub-Queries and complex Joins for queries involving multiple tables and Exception Handlers.
- Excellent experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing Business Rules and creating effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Well versed in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Hands on experience in development using Power BI and Experience in Power BI Desktop and experience on understanding DAX Functions in Power BI.
- Experience in Creating Data Visualizations like Line chart, Bar Charts, Pie Chart, Table, Matrix table, Area Charts, tree map, Line and Stacked column chart and Creating Visuals like Donut chart, Waterfall chart, Gauge chart, Funnel etc. in Power BI Desktop.
- Extensive experience in implementing BI solutions using SSIS, SSRS,SSAS Tabular Model,T- SQL, PowerBI,Azure Data Factory, Azure Function, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL Database.
- Proficient in creating dynamic packages for Incremental Loads and Data Cleansing in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experienced in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT.
- Experienced in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Used Power Query to acquire data and Power BI desktop for designing rich visuals.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data from various heterogeneous data sources and destinations like Access, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat files using connectors, tasks and transformations provided by SSIS.
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Extensive experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services like Table report, Matrix report, Chart Report, Pie charts, Drill Down, Cascading, Parameterized, Sub reports.
- Creating Excel reports, Dashboards & Performing Data validation activity VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Macros, formulas, index match, Slicer with (Pivot table, Get Pivot Data, Dashboards), Power View, Power Map and Heat Map.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in Query Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Worked on Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) for accessing data directly from tabular SSAS database.
- Experience in migrating data from on premises database to azure SQL database using azure data factory, azure functions, and azure blob storage.
- Worked closely with management, applications development Team, and users on database solutions to resolve business problems.
- Experience on working with production Servers and 24 x 7 On-Call environments.
Database: MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017 , MS Access, Oracle9i/10g/11g/12c/18c, DB2, PostgreSQL
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, HTML, DHTML, XML, VB.NET, C#.Net, SharePoint
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Service(DTS), Tableau
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Report Studio, Report builder.
Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Import & Export (DTS)
MSBI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP &OLTP, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash, Hyper-V Manager
Operating Systems: Windows 10/2008/2007/2003 R2, Windows XP, Windows Vista
Methodology: Agile(Scrum) and Waterfall
Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Confidential - Parsippany, NJ
Power BI Developer
- Imported data from Excel, SQL Server DB and Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Use Dax to generate calculated columns and measures in Power BI.
- Created Tabular and Multi-dimensional model using SSAS.
- Involved in creating new stored procedures and optimizing existing queries and stored.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Used Power BI Gateways to keep the dashboards and reports up to date.
- Installed and Configured Enterprise Gateway and Personal Gateway in Power Bi Services. Published reports and dashboards using Power BI Key deliverable.
- Involved in designing new Modern Enterprise Data Warehouse Architecture using Azure platform and using Azure Analysis Services as Ad-hoc reporting Solution and Data visualizations through Power Bi on-Premises Report Server as well as Power Bi Cloud Services.
- Developed Aggregations, partitions for cube as per businessrequirements.
- Creating Row level security with power bi and integration with power bi service portal.
- Developed profit analysis reports and dashboards by products and customers.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Developed analysis reports and visualization using DAX functions like table function, aggregation function and iteration functions.
- Created weekly, monthly and yearly reports for the HR and Sales Department.
- Develop reports like (Snapshot, drill down, drill through) for Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily business decisions.
- Creating and maintaining PowerBI Reports and Dashboards and embedding them inside on premises Organizational apps for the larger audience to view them.
- Worked on Creating Dynamic Parameterized Power BI reports to filter the Data from One report To the Other.
- Worked on Paginated reports in PowerBi Cloud and scheduled them to mail in form of PDF reports for End users Consumption.
- Collaborate with managers to gather requirements from business stakeholders and perform process analysis.
- Created PowerBI Dashboards Consuming Azure Cosmos DB and Converting the unstructured data into Consumable way to present it to the end users.
- Designed dimensional modeling using SSAS packages for End-User and c reated Hierarchies in dimensional model for faster performance.
- Developed multi-dimensional objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS ).
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of salaries and HR.
Environment: Power BI. MS SQL Server 2016, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, ETL, T-SQL, VB.NET, C#,Visual Studio 2016, SQL Server Management Studio, DTS, SharePoint, Tableau, TFS, DTA, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Microsoft Azure.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
SQLBI/ Power BI Data Analyst
- Created and managed stored procedures, indexed views, user defined functions, triggers, database constraints to meet business requirements and policies.
- Designed, Managed and published various reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 and Power BI.
- Designed Dimensional Modeling using SSAS cubes for End-User.
- Developed reports and visualizations using Tableau Desktop as per the requirements.
- Project involved maintenance of existing OLTP databases as well as designing SSIS packages for custom warehousing needs.
- Created Crystal Reports Repository objects (Reports template, commands)
- Participated in the data analysis and database modeling of both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Extracted data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Integrate various legacy data Sources like legacy unidata into SQL normalized Form for clean instances of Data elements, Oracle database, third party data through web services into one centralized Data warehouse in Azure SQl Dataware house using ETL Techniques and designed SSIS Frame works along with data architect for continuous flow of data.
- Developed custom reports using SSRS/Power BI.
- Collaborated in dramatically increasing OLTP transactions on systems handling several billion transactions weekly through the implementation of advanced database techniques such as join optimization, table structure and fragmentation analysis, bulk inserts, analysis of indexes and locks, creation of custom timers to detect bottlenecks.
- Thorough analysis and testing of database objects &T-SQL statements before deployment to the production server.
- Migrated and translate legacy reports into Power BI from SSRS environment.
- Developed and implemented SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Used DAX query in writing queries and defining measures and calculated columns in PowerPivot and in tabular models in SSAS.
- Developed number of business-oriented reports utilizing SSRS, Power BI and Tableau.
- Administered and maintained the BI Portal, Data warehouse and existing BI solutions.
- Responsible for creating the Complex Crystal Reports (on demand, AdHoc reports, Frequency reports, Summary reports, Sub reports, Drill-Down, Crosstab, Dynamic Grouping, Csross-Tab, Graphical, Aging reports) and modifying the existing reports.
- Responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Developed Tableau data visualizations using Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts, and Bar Charts.
- Worked on forward and reverse engineering data architecture using data modelling tools like ER/Studio.
- Extract dataset from different data source including SQL Server, excel and flat file prepare datasets for Power BI.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development lifecycle and methodologies like Waterfall, agile methodology and Scrum approach.
- Used TFS for proper documenting and implementing of codes on all environments.
- Created highly complex SSIS packages using various Data transformations like Conditional splitting, Fuzzy Lookup, For Each Loop, Multi Cast, column conversion, Fuzzy Grouping, Script Components, error handling.
- Generated Custom ETL scripts using SSIS 2014 and unit test SSIS load processes for performance check.
- Created various complex reports and manage those using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) according to ERLC.
- Created multiple data visualization solution for initial Power BI environment business preview.
- Migrated and Converted Reports from SSRS 2012 to 2014.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Written & integrated stored procedures to generate the special reports according to client's need.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , SQL BI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Enterprise manager, PPS, XML, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access & Windows Server 2008R2, Oracle, OLTP, OLAP, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SharePoint, ER/Studio and Tableau.
Confidential - Riverwoods, IL
MSBI Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)/Data Analyst
- Participated in Technical discussions and decisions for Business requirements, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team and Development team.
- Analyzed the Data quality, Data validating, Data Mapping to migrate data to SQL Server database.
- Analyzed business requirements and implemented data mart solutions for data mining and reporting.
- Designed SQL Server Database and Table Design with Schemas, Constraints and Views.
- Designed the data model based on star schema and created the tables and indexes and developed the scripts to load the data mart tables.
- Took part in Technical discussions and decisions for Business requirements, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team and Development team.
- Extracted data from various sources like DB2, VSAM, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, .CSV, Microsoft Excel and Text file from Client servers.
- Created SSIS packages which involved a variety of transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Multicast, Union All, Merge, Merge Join, and Data Conversion before loading the data into Data Warehouse.
- Created a report model on SSAS cubes.
- Identified issue and developed a procedure for correcting the problem which resulted in the improved quality of critical tables by eliminating the possibility of entering duplicate data in a Data Warehouse.
- Developed, Code Reviewed, fixed bugs, tested and deployed SSIS packages using SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Gathered Report Requirements and designed Reports, Matrix, Table Reports with Drilldowns, Map Reports, Dashboards, Gauge and Subscription reports.
- Developed reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown report and Summary report.
- Ensured constraints and writing triggers/linked server scripts to apply the business rules. Performance Tuning, Backing Up & Restoring User Databases.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Installed, Configured and Deployed Reports using SSRS with Scale-Out topology.
- Worked closely with QA team and helped them come up with test scenarios.
- Part of the Agile/Scrum team and participated in Standup, grooming, planning and retrospective meetings.
Environment: MS SQL 2008 R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS XML, T-SQL, DAX, MS Word, MS Excel, MS CRM, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), Share point, DTS, Microsoft Visio, Crystal Reports, ER Studio, Performance point Server, Sales force, Team Foundation Server, FTP & SFTP server, Power-BI Tool.