- Over 6 years of extensive experience in database design, development and administration with MS SQL Server versions 2014/2012/2008/2008 R2/2005/2000 using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (BI Tools) in various industries.
- Strong experience in creating T - SQL objects, working with DDL/DML, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches Process.
- Proficient in creating Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Experience in writing Distributed Queries between SQL Servers.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities (Data Warehouse, Data mart).
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Microsoft Access & Excel spreadsheet.
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources.
- Experience in creating various reports like drill down, sub reports, parameterized, multi-valued and various Ad hoc reports through Report model creation using SSRS.
- Experience in creating Oracle objects using PL SQL.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, RDBMS, Data Warehouse & Data Modeling concepts.
- Good Business and System analysis skills to understand the requirements and customize client applications.
- Experience in using Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirits.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
DATABASES: SQL Server 2012/2008 R 2/ 2008 / 2005/2000/2017 , Microsoft Access
SQL SERVER TOOLS: SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Oracle 12c, 11g Power Center, Tidal, D-Art Tool, Code Warden.
LANGUAGES: T-SQL / PLSQL
REPORTING TOOLS: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
VERSION CONTROL: TFS,SVN
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7/Vista/XP,10
METHODOLOGY: Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Waterfall
Confidential, Cary, NC
SQL Developer Sr.
- Worked with architect, business managers, product owners of Advantasure group to understand the requirement and source system in order to prepare the design documents.
- Working on gathering the requirements for the provider load correction XML.
- Analyzing the existing Provider Load to see where the current changes can be updated.
- Reviewing and obtaining approval for source to target mapping.
- Documenting each file layout into a data dictionary.
- Defining the source to target mapping at the field level and identifying any relevant transformations.
- Generated Provider correction files using PL-SQL codes.
- Created Packages, Procedures, Cursors, tables and Sequences in order to support and generate reports.
- Worked on error handing and logging of error data.
- Created SSIS packages to automate the entire Control-M job monitoring process and advanced them into multiple environments.
Environment: SSMS 2014 / 2017, SSDT 2017, Oracle 11g, TFS, Jira.
- Identified required dimensions and facts from source databases to meet business needs
- Created complex stored procedures and user defined functions to automate processes
- Evaluated execution plan of existing procedures and queries and modified to improve the performance
- Embedded different types of temp objects such as CTEs, temp tables etc. in procedures to implement business logic and optimize procedures.
- Wrote T-SQL test scripts for data verification and validation before/after data loads.
- Created views with complex aggregations to support static reporting needs.
- Utilized error handling options in procedures and scripts such as try-catch blocks and throw.
- Managed ETL strategies to extract, clean, and deliver data; ensuring accuracy, consistency, and integrity of the data.
- Created SSIS packages for data cleansing and loading data into SQL tables utilizing various transformations such as fuzzy lookup, fuzzy grouping, aggregate, and derived column from various sources.
- Utilized containers such as for each loop to retrieve data dynamically from multiple Excel files.
- Created multiple Drill Down, Drill through, parameterized reports, Variable based reports, Scheduled reports (Daily, Monthly, Annual) using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and deployed them into the reporting server in multiple environments.
- Involved in managing large reports returning large volumes of data utilizing cascading parameters and filters.
- Create subscriptions to automate generating certain reports to required business users.
- Worked closely with the BO for understanding the requirements and development.
- Worked under intense timeframe of Agile and delivered the deliverables.
- Experience in developing Database Schemas / Joins, synonyms, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures.
- Created Tidal Jobs for scheduling reports.
- Maintained the version control using SVN.
- Initiated documenting the process workflow to help peer for better understanding and quick deliverables.
- Involved in generating Annual reports to get through with the Annual CMS Audit.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Tidal, JIRA, SVN, SSRS, SSIS.
- Worked on Credentialing and Re-Credentialing of providers based on their CAQH Data.
- Understood the Requirements by going through the TAD Document and Mapping documents.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Solution Architects to clarify any open questions.
- Utilized Data Profiling task to validate the source data structure.
- Created SSRS Reports using the Data Mart tables.
- Efficiently used Data Flow Tasks such as Excel Source, Flat File Source, OLE DB Source, Data Conversion, Lookup, Aggregate, OLE DB Command, Sort, Union All, and Copy Column, Derived Column, cleansing bad data, validating data using Derived Column, Row Count, Excel Destination, Flat File Destination, OLE DB Destination, Raw File Destination, SQL Server Destination, Record Set Destination of the integration services (SSIS).
- Created SCD Type 2 transformations.
- Created TSQL Stored Procedures and built complex SQLs involving joins with multiple tables.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Utilized Containers, and For-Each Containers, to loop through and load multiple files.
- Creating interactive reports using Power-BI
- Participated in daily standup, scrum sessions, team retrospective sessions.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing and Debugging of the system.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Windows 2008 Server R2.