- Business Intelligence Developer with experience in developing, working, and maintaining BI applications such as SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS in Development, Power BI and Tableau, Test and Production Environments for over 7+ years. Extensive history working in different industry domains such as hospitality, management and real estate.
- Involved in Design, Analysis, Development and Implementation of Business solutions using SQL/ETL tools;
- Wide experience in writing complex T - SQL codes, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes (clustered, non-clustered, column stored), CTE's, Views, Joins and DDL/DML Triggers;
- Experience in both on-prem and cloud solutions. Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure ecosystem such as: Power Bi Service, ADF2, Azure SQL Server, Azure SQL IAAS/SAAS/PAAS, Azure SQL DW, Azure Blob, AKV Management. Also, hands-on experience with AWS cloud solutions such as AWS RDS SQL server, MySQL, Amazon Redshift, AWS EC2, AWS S3 buckets, etc.
- Knowledge of creating Databases by ensuring the data quality and integrity;
- Developing and establishing relationships between entities;
- Expert in Performance Tuning/query optimization and troubleshooting of complex T-SQL Stored Procedure and slow running queries;
- Strong knowledge of Relational and Dimensional Database Concepts with excellent writing skills of SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server;
- Experience in SQL server MDS features including hierarchies, granular security, transactions, data versioning, and business rules;
- Experience in Data Modeling in all Conceptual, Logical and Physical stages and in creating Star and Snow Flake Schema data models in data warehouse concepts;
- Excellent understanding of design goals of ER Modeling for OLTP and OLAP Systems;
- Strong ability in creating reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Hands on generating various types of SSRS reports (drill down, basic, parameterized, cascading, linked and sub reports);
- Knowledge in developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI’s (ADR, REVPAR, AAR, OCC, LOS, ARI etc.) by using both Power BI desktop and Power BI Services platforms and in uploading them into Report Server and Cloud Services with establishing necessary row level security settings;
- Hands on writing DAX queries in Power BI desktop;
- Wide experience in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) activities using SSIS and Azure Data Factory (ADF2);
- Experience in Data Conversion and Transformation in SSIS using Data Conversion, Derived Column, Merge, Merge Join and Union all;
- Expertise in moving data using SSIS services across different databases like Oracle, MS access and flat files.
- Hands on in creating complex SSIS packages which contains several control flows tasks like Execute SQL Tasks, Script Tasks, Data Flow Tasks, For Each Loop, and so on;
- Have experience in maintaining Error and Batch Loggings with the help of Event handlers and Configuring various Connection Managers Using SSIS;
- Experience in implementing various SSIS features like Event Handling, Precedence Constraints, Breakpoints, Checkpoints, and Logging for Complex SSIS Packages;
- Experience in various kinds of SSIS Deployments like File Based Deployment, and SQL Server Deployment;
- Solid understanding in maintenance and administration of SSIS packages by creating SQL Agent Jobs, Alerts, Mail Notifications, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages by SQL Agent, Windows Scheduler and other third-party tools;
- Experience with Lift & Shift of SSIS packages into Microsoft Azure using Azure Data Factory (ADF2) to create ADF pipelines with Copy Data and Data Flow Activities. Hands-on experience with ADF linked services, Integration Runtime, Tumbling Window Triggers and debugging ELTs using ADF Monitors.
- Strong communication, presentation and problem-solving skills, proficient in writing and presenting complex technical concepts as well as very good interpersonal skills and a team player.
OS: Windows XP/7/10, Windows Server 2019/16/12, UNIX/LINUX
Databases: SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012 , Oracle 11g/8.0i, MS Access 2000/8.0, Teradata 14.0, DB2
ETL & Reporting: SSDT 2017/2016/14/12 , SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2017/2016/2014/2012 /2008R2), Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Others: MS Office, Visio, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SQL Server Notification Services, Visual web developer, MS FrontPage, Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visual, SAS/Access, Tableau, Crystal Reports SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports XI, DataStage, Informatica, Hadoop, Windows Scripting Host, Micro Strategy, ER-Studio, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft GIT, MS VSS, Synergy, HP Quality Center & Jira
SQL BI, SSRS, SSIS Developer /Team Lead
- Collected, evaluated and recorded business requirements and business rules by working directly with end users;
- Communicated with Analytical Team and other BI developers across multiple departments to recognize existing report requirements, new reporting needs and delivered them;
- Worked with deployment teams to release the project code to different test environments;
- Instructed and leaded junior developers in certain development areas, helped them to understand better the project process and requirements;
- Created and maintained documents like Documentation Roadmap, ETL Execution Plan, DATA Models and Project Plan;
- Created, developed and maintained various SSIS packages (ETL) and Azure Data Factory ADF2 (ELT) from different OLTP systems and loads into data warehouse;
- Wrote complex stored procedures, wrote C# hard codes in script task for ETLs, updated and maintained ETL packages with high performance;
- Scheduled ETL Packages to routinely deliver data into staging table and prepare the data before loading into Data warehouse;
- Worked in all Visual studio components for Integration services such as Control flow, Data Flow, Execute SQL, Expression, File System, Script, XML tasks and For Loop Container, Foreach Loop Container, Sequence Container.
- Converted former ETL packages to the new version (performed optimization by applying more stored procedure instead of using visual studio tasks);
- Converted on-prem SSIS packages into Microsoft Azure cloud solution Azure Data Factory (ADF2) by rewriting SSIS ETL architecture into more modern ELT structure with ADF pipelines with Copy Data and Data Flow activities, using Mapping Data Flows and Wrangling Data Flows to modify datasets via the Power Query Online editor.
- Built SSIS packages with XML configuration file, Registry entry, Parent package variable, Environment variable and SQL Server table.
- Produced SSIS packages, developed ETL solutions for integrating data from multiple sources like Flat Files (delimited, fixed width), Excel, SQL Server, Raw File, and DB2 into the central OLTP database;
- Moved data into MS SQL Server Database from various DBMS databases like Oracle and Teradata with ETL packages;
- Configured SSIS packages with XML configuration file, Environment variable, Registry entry, Parent package variable and SQL Server table;
- Created SSRS and Power BI reports using MDX and DAX and then published them in Report Manager and Power Bi Service, SharePoint web pages;
- Created reports using Power Desktop and deployed into Power BI services Workspaces where maintained dashboards, reports, datasets, workbooks, dataflows and shared Power BI reports via Workspaces and Apps implementing Row Level Security (RLS) measures.
- Broadly used Joins and CTE for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases via Linked Server/OpenRowSet;
- Upgraded Query Performance by Analyzing Execution Plans and Statistics;
- Built different database objects (tables, indexes, views, stored procedures and triggers, functions) and applied referential integrity constraints for enforcing data integrity and business rules.
SQL BI SSAS, SSIS Developer
- Created SSIS Packages/projects to move data from source to destination;
- Created logic and indexed tables/views/stored Procedures based on the business requirements;
- Performed Tuning of Stored Procedures and SQL queries by creating covering indexes, overwriting queries and setting up setting up Maximum Level of Parallelism Property and etc.;
- Migrated data from text files, SAS, DB2, SAP and excels files to SQL server;
- Created database diagrams and physical models for the project;
- Created Views to enforce security and data customization;
- Created and maintained indexes to improve query performance and query optimization;
- Participated in the performance tuning and optimization of T-SQL queries;
- Involved in creating the constraints, rules, defaults and triggers to maintain the data and referential integrity;
- Involved in Normalization of the database and bringing it to 3NF;
- Identified, troubleshoot and resolved network or system issues in OnDemand production environment to ensure we have the highest uptime and performance;
- Created and Designed Data Source and Data Source Views and also configured OLAP Cubes (Star and Snow flake Schema) using SSAS;
- Configured Dimensional modeling for End-User from Hierarchy perspectives;
SQL/SSIS, SSRS/Power BI Developer
- Worked on creating new reports using Power BI and SSRS tools;
- Made change requests, enhancements for the present reports based on current Business requirements and resolution for Production issues;
- Created parametrized reports, Drill down report, Subreports in Report Designer of SSRS;
- Worked on Linked, Cashed, Snapshot reports in Report Manager;
- Involved in gathering and analyzing requirements and preparing the Specification document as per the Business requirement;
- Wrote complex DAX code to better handle calculations using Power BI;
- Chose best Power BI visualization tools based on data such as Line, Column chart, Bar Chart, Pie chart, Map, Table, Matrix and etc.;
- Set up a row level security in Power BI based on business requirements;
- Published reports with the correct format for deployment across all environments;
- Created and modified stored procedures and other database objects using T-SQL;
- Developed and implemented various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages;
- Used Change Data Capture (CDC) in SSIS to populate the destination tables with inserted, updated and deleted data;
- Worked on SSIS packages using various tasks, containers, data transformations like Fuzzy Lookup, For Each Loop, For Loop Sequence Container and etc.;
- Created, maintained and updated ETL packages loading from/to both OLTP and OLAP database tables;
- Created ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load;
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Data Importing, Cleansing, and Parsing etc.;
- Involved in Data Scrubbing/ Cleansing/ Validating/ Translating, and Scheduling SSIS packages.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability