- 10+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL 2000/2005/2008/2012 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing)& Data warehousing (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) applications.
- Experience in database programming in writing T-SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, and Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including DTS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodologies.
- Experience in SQL Optimizing by using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Tuning Advisor, DBCC Commands, DMV’s, DMFs and Query Execution Plans.
- Used Erwin Data modeling tool and Microsoft Visio for designing the logical and physical data models.
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, Tableau and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2005/2008/2010/2012 across various environments.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2010/2012 ), use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting services.
- Expert in generating drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports and filters, charts in SSRS 2005/2008/2012.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in conversion of packages from legacy systems (DTS to SSIS) and migrating, deploying the packages across Dev/UAT/Prod environments.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Expertise in creating OLAP cubes, creating dimensions, calculating measures in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2008 R2).
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Experience in calculating measures and dimension members using Multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint and various delivery mechanisms.
- Knowledge on integration of BI suite of products with Microsoft Office range of products like MOSS (SharePoint), Business Scorecard Manager, Dashboards, Performance Point Server.
- Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them using both SSRS 2005/2008
- Experience in deploying created reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF.
- Developed dashboards using Tableau, and worked with the associated server product to perform dashboard security and administration
- Experience with Power BI reporting and created excel reports using Power BI Desktop.
Operating systems: Windows XP/2000/2003/NT 4.0/9x/Vista and MS-DOS,UNIX
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL Dynamic SQL, MDX, SQL*Plus 3.3/8.0, HTML, XML, DHTML, C, C++,VB Script, Shell Scripting, C# .NET,VB .NET, ASP .NET, ADO .NET, Visual Studio, XML, HTTP, ActiveX, MS Access, Lotus notes.
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 /7.0 , MS-Access 97/2000/2003 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sybase Server, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL, SQL*Plus, Teradata V2R5, IBM DB2 UDB 8.2/8.0, MS Visual Source Safe 2005.
Data warehousing: SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SSMS, DTS Packages, MDX Queries, ETL, Performance Point Server, ProClarity, OLAP, OLTP, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Database Design Toolsand Data Modeling: MS Visio, ERWIN 4.5/4.0, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modeling, FACT& Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling and De-normalization techniques, Kimball & Inman Methodologies, MSX, MS Access, MS Project.
Business Intelligence Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio, Crystal Reports.
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft Management Console, Visual Source Safe 6.0, DTS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS),Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Web Services.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL BI Developer
- Worked in reports development and integration of data for Government owned agency HAMP (Home Affordable Modified Program).
- Worked for reporting needs to Goldman Sacs, GNMA, FNMA and Freddie mac.
- Gathered requirements from business users as a part of loan submissions to government portal and handledtechnical specifications.
- Designed SSIS packages, store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; and implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services to design and build the ETL procedures and a Data Warehouse to meet client requirements.
- • Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Created Package Configurations, Event Handlers for On Error, On Warning, and On Task Failed Event Types.
- Designed Complex Packages with Error Handling and Package Logging that stores the Logging results in SQL Table and log files.
- Involved in Automating SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs, Windows Scheduler, and third-party Tools.
- Worked on analyzing and Performance tuning queries by looking at the Indexes, appropriate joins, Query Statistics and Execution plans using SQL Profiler/Query Analyzer/SSMS.
- Developed and maintaining SSAS cubes by running full and incremental loads daily.
- Working with PowerBI for large imported data for data scrubbing, formatting to create dashboards and canned reports.
- Maintaining Power BI dashboards for updates and scheduling.
- Develop interactive reports using PowerBI desktop for users to able modify and analyze the data. Created KPIs for various business purposes.
- Involved in Creating Complex ad-hoc Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports, Charts, Drill through/Drill down Reports.
- Extensive knowledge on SSRS reports automation and handling subscriptions on database level and front end.
- Created SSRS reports using PowerPivot workbooks as the data source and implemented Interactive data visualization techniques through maps and charts.
- Migrated Exchange to Office Online, Active Directory to Azure Active Directory, workloads and applications to Microsoft Azure.
- Detailed understanding of Azure database offerings and Azure security services.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2012, 2014, SSMS 2017 T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, PowerBI, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows 7, SharePoint, VB Script.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL OLAP BI Developer
- Configured, Installed and Administered Reporting Services 2012.
- Converted 100+ reports from Business Objects, Oracle Report Builder reports to SSRS 2012.
- Involved in Creating Complex ad-hoc Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports,Drill through, and Drill down Reports.
- Designed Large number of reports using table filters, single value parameters, multi value parameters, dependent parameters and Cascading Parameters
- Converted complex PL/SQL packages, functions, procedures to SQL Server 2012(T-sql).
- Report writing based on tickets submitted from front end people using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports 9.0
- Performed the development, deployment, maintenance and support of different Inventory Control and Finance reports.
- Integrated SQL Server Reporting Services with Microsoft Office Share Point Server (MOSS)
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server and Report Manager in various phases of SDLC Process for the end users to look at them.
- On a Regular basis Created Store Procedures, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc on a daily basis for the reporting and query optimization.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the Store Procedures when needed, creating indexes, Hash Join, etc so that the report execution time is minimized and ensured that the Optimized Execution Plan is used.
- Created Report Email Subscription using Data Driven and Time Driven Report Subscriptions
- Deployed reports across Test, Development and Production Environments
- Involved in Creating User Security and Roles In Reporting Services at both Parent Level and Report Level
- Involved in Trouble Shooting Complex Reports.
- Created Large Number of Report Models for users to create their own reports.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Designed packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Fuzzy Look Ups, Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data flow Task for Creating SSIS Packages. Used different types of Transformations for Data Conversion, Sorting and cleaning the data from different Sources into Company Format.
- Created Package Configurations, Event Handlers for On Error, On Warning, On Task Failed Event Types
- Designed Complex Packages with Error Handling and Package Logging that stores the Logging results in SQL table and file files
- Developed Complex Packages to load data into Stage, ODS and Data Ware House systems
- Involved in Automating SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs, Windows Scheduler.
- Extensively involved in SSASpartitions, aggregations, calculations, cube processing and developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Involved in code reviews, change control and auditing procedures
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum Methodologies and Participated in the knowledge transfer process and share the knowledge with the client team
Environment: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Windows 7, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Oracle9i,10g, VBScript.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL OLAP BI Developer
- Participated in requirement gathering session with business users and sponsors to understand and document the business requirements.
- Created and reviewed the conceptual model for the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) with business users.
- Identified various facts and dimensions from the source system and business requirements to be used for the data warehouse.
- Created the dimensional logical model with 3 measure groups, 20 dimensions with 200 attributes.
- Design with Multiple Fact Tables, Star and Snowflake Schema design and data model (Relational and Multi-dimensional), Transactional\Operational Data Store (ODS), MDM, and other Data Warehouse concepts.
- Created multiple types of dimensionalities such as Conformed, Degenerate, Role playing and fact less fact tables
- Created Calculated Measures, KPIs and defined Actions, Translations and Perspectives in Analysis Services.
- Created jobs, alerts to run SSAS, SSRS packages periodically. Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSAS, SSRS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Wrote stored procedures,CTE’s, T-SQL scripts for ETL processes and for views to build Dimensions and facts in SQL Server 2012.
- Created tables to handle horizontal partitioning for effective data placement in the SQL Server Database
- Integrated Excel Services and SSRS Reportsto SharePoint for BI reporting.
- Created Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards and filters in Dashboard designer of Performance Point Server.
- Built reports in Power pivot, Power View and deployed to SharePoint.
- Scheduled reports to refresh the data periodically in SharePoint from Excel and SSRS Reports.