- 7 + years of IT Experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 in Development, Test and Production Environments with insurance, sales and Banking domains.
- Experience with T - SQL, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS ) and working knowledge of Analysis Services (SSAS ).
- Experience in Database Development, modeling, Data Warehousing, Design and Technical Management .
- Very good experience in Creating, deploying SSIS Packages and migrating DTS Packages from 2005 to 2008/2012 .
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, checkpoints (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures .
- Experience in creating and developing different types of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal reports and migration of Data from Excel, DB2, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP and SSIS utility.
- Designed reports with complex sub reports, Drill down, Cross Tabs, formulas, functions, parameters, schedule reports, alerts, multiple grouping, running totals, Charts, graphs, mapping, multiple sections, mailing label .
- Extensive experience with data modeling techniques, logical and physical database design .
- Experience in Relational Database Management Systems, Including Normalization, Data Import/Export, Joins, Keys, Constraints, Indexes, Cursors.
- Experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage .
- Experience in working/migration of data with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services ) as an ETL tool for Data integration services and business applications. Creating SSIS packages using various Data transformations like conditional splitting, Derived column, Fuzzy Look Up, for each Loop, Multi Cast, column conversion, Fuzzy Grouping .
- Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases like Oracle , MS access and flat files .
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub-queries, Complex joins .
- Used DMV’s and Locking Queries to find out Locks, Deadlocks and Long Running Queries or Transactions .
- Used SQL Profiler, Execution Plans, DMV’s, Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA) and Created Suitable Indexes for Query Performance Tuning and Optimization .
- Good knowledge in Dimensional Modeling, Designing of STAR, SNOW FLAKE Schemas.
- Created Reports with complex formulas and to query the database for business Intelligence.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors, relational database models, data dictionaries, and maintaining data integrity and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server .
- Expert in ETL designing.
- Expertise in migrating data from MS - Access , MS - EXCEL and other external data sources.
- Migration of SSRS reports from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 and 2012 .
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, scheduling DTS/SSIS Packages and Backup/Restore of a database .
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in Analyzing Execution Plan and managing indexes and troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Experience in Tuning SQL queries and T- SQL queries, MDX & improving the performance of the queries.
- Worked Extensively on ETL process using SSIS package.
- Experience in using variables, expressions and functions and defining Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS .
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins, stored procedures.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and a motivated team player with excellent inter-personal skills and familiar with offshore and multi-site development.
- Experienced in Testing (Unit Testing, System Testing), Automated testing.
- Expertise in reading and understanding execution plan and fixing query to execute with low cost using joins like merge , nested loops, hash join etc. depends on scenarios .
Databases & Related Technologies: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, MS Access, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows 7/Windows server 2008 R2/ 2008
ETL/BI Tools: SSIS (SQL server integration services), DTS
Analysis Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI
Modeling: Dimension Modeling and De-normalization techniques.
Languages: T-SQL,SQL, C, C#, C++, VB, .NET
Web Technologies: ADO .NET, ASP.Net
Web Development: HTML, XML, CSS
Office Tools: Microsoft Office 97/2003/2007/2013 , MS Outlook, MS Visio
Tools: & Packages: MS Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Report Builder MS
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
SQL BI Developer (T-SQL/SSRS/SSIS)
- Involved in SDLC of the project from requirements gathering from Business users to perform technical design, development and testing.
- Worked extensively in writing and debugging complex stored procedures, views, triggers and user-defined functions.
- Designed the Data warehouse and done the mappings from Source to the Target tables.
- Worked extensively on SSIS packages to implement the data load strategy
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Worked on Data migration from oracle to Sql server with the help of SSMA to Migrate the database schema from Oracle to MySQL.
- Deployed SSIS packages into various Environments (Development, Test and PROD) using Deployment Utility.
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent.
- Formatted/Generated Data to support SAP Business Objects Interface for Users to access data from Data Warehouse
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the Data-Mart using Star schema.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Multidimensional Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI’s & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access.
- Worked with SQL queries using MS Access for data manipulations.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Responsible for Import and export data from various data sources like SQL Server Databases, Flat Files, MS Access, MS Excel and other OLE DB providers achieved through Importing and Export Wizard in SSIS.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Developed complex T SQL code for Customer Imports and other interfaces for the PAT and Portal.
- Created and Maintained various database in MS Access to track activities and progress.
- Generated multi parameterized reports in MS SSRS 2012 allowing users the ability to make selections before executing reports; thus, making them user friendly.
- Created views and Stored Procedures for generating report. Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS.
- Created and Maintained various database in MS Access to track activities and progress.
- Worked on several complex drilldowns, parameterized reports and on reports that call sub reports using SSRS.
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics using SSRS
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories based on business needs.
- Optimized the queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Performance Tuning of Stored Procedures and SQL queries using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard in SSIS.
- Provided daily support to the user team as well as technical team for system wide tasks including monitoring, alerting and problem resolution.
- Involved in testing, bug fixing and documenting the work for the project at each and every phase.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/R2, DTS, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), T-SQL, MS-Access, SQL Server Query Analyzer, ETL, Erwin, Red Gate SQL Source Control.
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in performing server installation and configuration of SQL Server 2008/R2.
- Designed the functional and technical documents, report templates and reporting standards for the developers to work on the report development.
- Performed maintenance of Stored Procedures to improve Performance of different front end applications.
- Worked on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, views setup and management of linked servers to Non-SQL-Server databases.
- Produced Metrics for reporting to Senior Management. Used Extract, Transform, Load, (ETL) Concepts to Transform Data into MS Access database to produce reports in MS Excel.
- Developed numerous reports off OLTP Servers using Reporting Services by writing T-SQL queries, stored Procedures with parameters, charts and multiple datasets.
- Wrote database triggers in T-SQL to check the referential integrity of the database.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, database design, star schema, data analysis, programming, documentation and implementation.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2008/R2.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Created reports with different features like drill through capabilities, jump to another report, use of pie-charts and bar-charts, usage of Tablix (new feature of SSRS 2008), use of filtering conditions.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and also email them to director and analysts to review in Excel Sheet.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, HTML, and XML etc.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2005 to MS SQL 2008 as well as Created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Designed SSIS package for automatic data migration to transform Data from SQL Server 2008 to SQL server 2012
- Involved in implementing SSIS package security, protecting packages, executing, monitoring and managing them.
- Modified SSIS ETL package for changed business requirements to load data from different source files to SQL Server tables in data warehouse.
- Involved in migration of data between different heterogeneous sources such as flat file, Excel and SQL Server 2005 using SSIS, BCP and Bulk Insert.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/R2/2005, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Query Analyzer, T-SQL, MS-Access, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, OLAP, OLTP, MDX, ETL, Erwin, MS Visual Source Safe.
SQL Server Developer
- Actively participated and interacted with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2008 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Extracted data from many operational systems, including flat files, spread sheets and RDBMSs like SQL Server and Oracle 8i.
- Conducted and automated the ETL operations to Extract data from multiple data sources, transform inconsistent and missing data to consistent and reliable data, and finally load it into the Multi-dimensional data warehouse
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Worked on DTS/SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Access database and xml format data) to SQL Server.
- Worked with SQL queries using MS Access for data manipulations
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Involved in the development of custom stored procedures, functions, triggers, SQL, T-SQL.
- Worked on advanced dimension Design and Cube design.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying the information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and Migration with SQL server Export Utility.
- Used DTS/SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Administration, Maintenance of multiple SQL Server instances into Prod-Stage-DEV environment.
- Design, Setup, Implementation, upgrade and migration of SQL Server 2005 /2008 to SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Setup of jobs and alerts for Backup Restore (VLDB), integrity checks, database shrinking, transaction log growth monitoring and routine database maintenance processes.
- Involved in deployment of SSRS reports on the SharePoint Portal.
- Wrote stored procedures to get the fields required for the reports.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters.
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 (2003, 64-bit edition of SQL server 2000), DTS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, T-SQL, MS-Access, VB Scripts, SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Office, Excel, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.