- 6 years of IT experience in Database Development, Power BI, System Analysis, Implementation and support of MS SQL Server 2008 /2008 R 2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016.
- Expert in T - SQL (DDL, DML): functions, views, triggers, cursors, stored procedures on an SQL Server.
- Strong experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Solid experience with ETL processes; worked extensively on data extraction, data integration and loading from different data sources using SSIS.
- Designed, developed and implemented various SSIS Packages and deployed using Deployment Wizard.
- Excellent knowledge in Dimensional Data Modeling and analyzing the Data Warehouse by building multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good experience in writing MDX queries to access cubes data in SSAS.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server to model datasets into datasets for Business Intelligence software.
- Experience AWS cloud adoption framework and AWS database migration service.
- Evaluation/design/development/deployment of additional technologies and automation for managed services on AWS .
- Create and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within a wide range of customers and partners.
- Solution design for client opportunities in one or more AWS Competencies or general cloud managed services.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications as per Business requirements.
- Involved in conducting Manual and Automated testing at various phases of the project development.
- Experience in optimization of cubes for better query performance.
- Experience in developing parameterized, linked, matrix, drill down and aggregation reports with various parameters and filters using SSRS.
- Hands on experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decisions using SSRS.
- Responsible for defining the scope and implementing business rules of the project gathering business requirements and documentation.
- Very good in creating Power pivots, Power Views and SSRS reports using Tabular Model (DAX), Cubes (MDX) and SQL queries.
- Expert in creating multiple kinds of Power BI Reports, Dashboards and Visualizations.
- Expertise gathering functional specification requirements for the development of dashboards and reports.
- Interactive Data Visualization products focused on Business Intelligence such as MICROSOFT POWER BI.
- Extract and analyze data using Power Query, PivotTables, MS Excel, POWER BI and SSAS.
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Microsoft Excel, POWER Pivot and POWER Point.
- Experience with management of data to produce accurate and consistent longitudinal datasets.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Designed different visualizations in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Generation of Dashboards with Quick filters, Calculated Fields, Groups, Parameters and Sets to handle views more efficiently in Tableau.
- Publishing Power BI Reports from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service.
- Experience in using Version Control software like GIT Hub and (TFS) Team Foundation Server.
- Expert in database modeling using MS Visio.
- Experience in using tools like index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
Languages: T-SQL, SQL
ETL Tools: SSIS, Data Stage, (Visual Studio 2017,2016,2015,2014,2012, 2008)
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2017,2016,2014,2012, 2008, 2005
Reporting Tools: SSRS, POWER BI
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, SQL Diagrams
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/2008 R2/2003/2000 Server (64/32 Bit), Windows 2000 Professional, Windows
Database Tools: MS SQL Server, SQL Server BI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) SQL developer, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Agent, SQL Prompt.
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Excels), MS Outlook, AWS
Confidential, Warren, MI
SQL /SSIS/POWER BI Developer
- Worked closely with business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Worked on creating SQL deployment packages and deploy them in different environment to resolve the production issue.
- Worked with clients to modify, update, and delete data by creating one run script as per the customer requirements.
- Regularly worked with DBA, in war room to resolve the performance issue by using SQL tuning in Database.
- Worked to implement and modify Index, Functions, views, triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages in SSDT/ Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server 2012, for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Worked on SSIS 2012 to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Experienced on configuration of report server and report manager scheduling in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed, developed, implemented and tested the automating Infrastructure and Application deployments on AWS .
- Worked with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps.
- Deployed a successful 'High - Performance Computing (HPC)' cluster on AWS for a life-sciences customer and collaborated with HPC software vendor (Abaqus) to optimize the cluster performance.
- Worked facet frontend and backend for data analyzing purpose to perform the pre and post validation process after deployment the script to make changes in Database
- Worked to write and modify Store procedure to implement business logic in facet extension and interface application.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries to improve performance and availability.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2018/2015/2012/2008 R2, Visual Studios 2017/ 2015/2012 , MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, MDX, TSQL, SQL Profiler, AWS, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013/ 2018, MS Excel, Excess, Windows 8/10.
SQL /SSIS/SSAS/POWER BI Developer
- As a member of BI reporting team, my main responsibility was to develop SSAS Tabular (Star, Snowflake) and Multi - Dimensional cubes based on the client requirements.
- Created Physical Model Designs and Logical Model Designs for the new projects with estimating time and effort to complete the project.
- Used SSIS package (ETL) to transform data from MYSQL (RDBMS) data warehouse to SQL server database and to convert data into frame work with PK's, indexes and remove duplicate rows.
- Created SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like Excel, CSV, Flat file, Text formatted data by using different transformations present in SSIS such as Merge, Conditional Split, Union all, Script task, OLE DB command, data conversion, Look-Up, Transformation and more.
- Experienced in Partitioning SSAS cubes based on the cube structure, schema and data sets and writing Stored Procedures to process the cubes on daily bases to reduce the processing time.
- Extensively used DAX for Tabular cubes and Power BI and MDAX for Multi-Dimensional cubes based on the complexity of the measure and requirement.
- Created Stored Procedure, functions, indexes (Clustered, Non-Clustered), tables, semantic views and SQL joins utilizing latest DML and DDL syntax.
- Operated performance tuning on the tables and Semantic views which take more time to query the results by creating indexes on the fact tables.
- Extensively Worked on cursors, CTE's, Schemas, Permissions Performance issues with Client and Server-side database design.
- Implemented Security roles on SSAS cubes and Power BI services by implementing authentication and authorization methods.
- Scheduled the SQL Server Agent Jobs and monitoring the scheduled jobs daily where most of the jobs loads data into staging tables and process SSAS cubes.
- Handed deploying SSIS packages, SQL scripts, SSAS cubes into Production environment and supported them for any new enhancements or big fixes.
- Proficiency in using Source Control in TFS (Team Foundation Server), creating user stories tasks and keeping the Source control updated with updated codes of DB scripts, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes.
- Experience in BODS (ETL) to transform and load data from HANA to SQL Server and used to refer the HANA views to look for the source code and logic for the columns in SQL tables.
- Configured Check Points, Break Points, Event handlers and Logging to SSIS packages.
- Worked with the team which uses Lambda functions to load data which is in JSON format to SQL tables.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2, Visual Studios 2017/ 2015 Shell/ 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, MDAX, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013/ 2018, MS Excel, Excess, Windows 8/10.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
SQL /BI Developer
- I was involved in developing different reports using Microsoft BI tools like SSIS, SSRS and developed Power BI dashboards that helped business operate smoothly.
- Created Custom Columns, Inserted Merged Columns, Filtering Rows using Power BI
- Used different kind of visualizations in Power BI like Line Chart, Clustered bar chat, Pie chart, Matrix table, Gauges, Scatter chart, Map, Card, Slicers Etc.
- Expert in Managing the relation between Visualizations in Power BI.
- Wrote DAX in Power BI for Aggregations.
- Created detailed reports in Power BI using Drill through filters.
- Maintained existing Power BI reports and dashboards and made changes in the same as per new and changing business requirements.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Proficient in resolving database performance issues and designing maintenance solutions to ensure good database performance.
- Created SSIS Packages for the Query's behind the Dashboard to Table to Improve the Performance.
- Created SSIS Packages using Lookup, Merge, Sort, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, and Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, T- SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Profiler, Visual Studio 2005, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, ETL, Tableau.