- A dynamic professional with Over 7 years of Database Design and Development experience on SQL server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005 & SQL Server 2000 in OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in developing and monitoring SSIS Packages and DTS packages.
- Strong experience in design, develop, deploy and support SSIS packages using SSIS 2005/2008 R2/2012/2014
- Hands - on Experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Expert on creating multiple kind of Power BI Reports and Dashboards using SDK.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports.
- Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points.
- Expertise with T-SQL in writing complex queries, triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and maintaining data integrity.
- Good experience in designing and implementing multidimensional cubes using SSAS multidimensional and SSAS Tabular
- Extensively used tools like SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005.
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to a different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in Ad-hoc reports, drill down and drill through reports and cross tab reports.
- Working Experience in designing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting complex database applications and data warehouse in financial environments.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS Packages.
- Enhanced the functionality in data warehousing concepts (OLAP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions, Perspective and Hierarchies using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensional Modeling Techniques such as Star and Snowflake schema.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with excellent written, verbal communication and leadership skills to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and efficient in time management and highly motivated team player with the intensity of delivering high quality outputs within the deadline.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and a motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills and familiar with offshore and multi-site development.
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2014, MS Access
Languages Transact: SQL, HTML, C
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/ 2003/2007/201/2013 , MS-DOS OLAP/Reporting Tools SSAS, (SSRS), MDX, Crystal Reports. ETL Tools SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Other Tools: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Microsoft Office, MS Vision
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2000/2003,Altova tool SQL Server Tools SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL server mail service, DBCC, BCP, SQL server profiler
Programming languages: C,SQL,PL/SQL,T-SQL,.NET,C#, Python, R
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, FACT, Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
Data Warehousing &: BI SQL Server, Business Intelligence Studio, SSIS, SSAS, Access Manager, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 Analysis Services and SQL Reporting Services, DTS, ProClarity, PPS-2007, MOSS
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2014, MS Access
Languages Transact: SQL, HTML, C
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/ 2003/2007/201/2013 , MS-DOS Services (SSIS), SQL Server DTS
SQL/Power BI Developer
Confidential | Dallas, TX
- Extracting and Loading data into SQL Server Database using SSIS.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services
- 2014/ 2012/2008/2005 (SSAS)
- Used data modeling tool Erwin for creating Logical, Physical data models and DDLs.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions
- Designed, Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Developed reports and deployed them on the server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Pulling data on a daily basis from OLTP database to OLAP or staging database using the SSIS packages.
- Rendering the reports to PDF formats as per the requirement and printing all the reports in a batch process for Monthly Statements.
- Utilized Power BI (Power Pivot/View) to design multiple scorecards and dashboards to display information required by different departments and upper level management.
- Provide analytical, complex and specialized client service analysis using PowerBI dashboards.
- Proven Power BI development experience with desktop and pro versions, familiarity with Direct Query functionality within Power BI.
- Development of Microsoft Power BI dashboards and dashboard templates also used DAX functions and MDX queries.
- Created Page Level Filters, Report Level Filters, Visual Level Filters in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required origination's and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases
- Created database maintenance plans and deleting of history data using SSIS packages.
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Implemented entire ETL job plan through Informatica Scheduler.
- Designed SSRS 2008 reports with Cascaded Parameters, Gauges and Interactive Charts, etc.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Highly responsible for development and management of PPS, SSAS, SSRS and SSIS projects.
- Building KPI reports for the cubes and optimizing the reports.
- Designed and developed the most suitable User Interface such as Dashboards, multiple charts types, Trends, KPI, custom requests for Excel Export and objects for Management Dashboard reporting using Excel Power Pivot and published them using Power BI.
- Involved in partitioning of cubes in order to increase the performance of cubes (SSAS).
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Created complex reports which involve more number of groupings and multi-value parameters
- Using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that
- Draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Design and create report models based on user requirements, explain and train users to use report builders to generate their own personalized reports.
- Worked very closely with Business Customers, End Users and resolved any business process related issues.
Environment: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Windows Server 2008, Oracle 9i, Msexcel 2003, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Power BI.
SQL Server BI Developer
Confidential | Pasadena, CA
- Involved in writing scripts for the client's requirements for reporting purposes.
- Extensive working knowledge in Application testing, Data Modeling, Data migration, Data Warehousing, and OLTP, OLAP Database projects.
- Transformed the data using different SSIS transformations like Aggregate, split, join, merge, derived column, Multicast, term extraction and data conversion of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Responsible for deploying/scheduling SSIS packages as per schedule.
- Published migrated data using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS Wizard (Data Transformation Services) Tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2008 to MS SQL 2012 as well as Created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSIS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Back end Experience in MS SQL Server development, writing T-SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, UDFs.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Created SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to Excel Spreadsheets and vice versa.
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts. Created ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from different data sources reformats the data and load the reformatted data into destination tables.
- Imported data from SQL Server DB, Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Created Dax Queries to generated computed columns in Power BI.
- Generated computed tables in Power BI by using Dax.
- Used reporting objects like Tabular, Matrix, Sub Reports, Parameterized reports using SSRS 2012.
- Developed several stored procedures to handle large amount of data manipulation.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Developed Cascading Reports for Employee Reports, Ad-hoc Reports using Report Builder, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012
- Interacted with the Business Admin and gather the requirements and analyzed them.
- Designed Dimensional Modeling using SSAS packages for End-User. Created Hierarchies in Dimensional Modeling.
- Written queries for the drill down reports and deployed the generated reports on to the server using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Purchasing, setting up, and configuring a Tableau Server and MS-SQL 2012 server for Data warehouse purpose.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI Service.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Developed Multi-Dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, Access, Tableau, Tableau Server, Excel, Visual Studio, Data Analyzer, ER Win 4.0, Visual Studio.NET 1.1, ASP, C#, Oracle 9i, MS Power BI, Power Pivot.