- Over 10.5 Years of IT experience which includes System Analysis and Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Servers 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 in Production, QA and Development Environments.
- Strong experience with T - SQL (DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Ability to work in all stages of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Extensive Experience in RDBMS concepts such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Indexed Views, Functions, CTE’s, Table Variables and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2/2012, 2016 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2005,2008 R2/2012, 2016 Integration Services (SSIS) and in SQL Server 2005, 2014, 2016 Analysis Services (SSAS) in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) (2000) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008 R2 and 2012).
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 to SQL Server 2016 and data migration among versions. Experience in DTS Migration and Metadata Management: Migrating DTS packages to SSIS, Package Migration Wizard, and Storage Management and Data Quality (DQ). Management of Enterprise-level APIs.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of DTS/SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring for performing Data transfers and ETL jobs across different servers.
- Excellent knowledge of Scheduling Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading and migrating, Backup/Restore, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, 2014, and 2016
- Experience in Managing Security of SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 Databases by creating Database Users, Roles and assigning proper permissions according to the business requirements.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using semi-blocking, Blocking and Unblocking Transformations.
- Experience in .NET/C# application development environment to use SQL Server Databases.
- Good experience in creating OLAP cubes using SQL Server analysis services (SSAS).
- Experience in working with Database setup, partitions and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Strong knowledge on claim management process, well versed with Medicaid and Medicare services, HL7 message validation, ICD9, Electronic Health Records and Electronic Medical Records.
- Good understanding of Normalization /De-normalization, Normal Form and database design methodology Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Visio and Erwin Tool for logical and physical design of databases.
- Experience in managing large data sets on MS Excel 2013
- Provided application security support for SQL applications with ADO.NET
- Skilled in design of logical and physical data modeling using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Worked with Business Analysts, Web development team, and users on database solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Highly motivated and obliged by strong commitment to quality and customer service. Can-Do, Will-Do Attitude, Quick Learner and professionally practical, logical thinking besides efficient Problem-solving skills, Self-directed.
Tools: &Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligent studio (BIDS), SSDT, DTS, Report Builder 9.0, 15.0HP QC, ProClarity 6.2, SharePoint 2007, Team Foundation Server Export/Import, Query Analyzer, Red gate, SQL Server Data tools (Visual studio), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 MS Access 97/2003/2005/2008. Oracle 11g/12c, DB2
Language: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, C, VB.net, C# (.NET)
Operating Systems: Windows vista/XP/2003/2000, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , 2012 R2 UNIX.
Application Packages: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Windows SharePoint Services.
Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Erwin
Web Technologies: PowerShell, PowerPivot, IIS, HTML, DHTML, XML
Sr. SQL Developer
- Designed and created new data warehouse for new reporting systems as per the industry best practices using star schema.
- Experience in MOLAP (Multidimensional Cube) and ROLAP (RDBMS) to develop customized reports in MS SQL Server database.
- Created OLAP models based on Dimension and Facts for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure.
- Involved in performance tuning (DB Tuning) and monitoring of T-SQL blocks.
- Fine-tuned the logic in Procedures, Functions and Triggers for optimum performance.
- Generated server-side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Created and developed data dictionary, tables, views, indexes, functions and advanced queries for databases by using Query Analyzer and SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Performing data transfer/migration using Export/Import and Data Transformation Services.
- Created new database objects like Sequences, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Worked on HORIZONTAL SCALABILITY by dividing the data into different databases mainly to improve the data security and performance purposes.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
- Created complex SSIS/ETL packages to load data from various heterogeneous sources to the database and transformed the data accordingly to fit into the current reporting system.
- Designed incremental daily loaded for large and small data warehouses, data marts as per the reporting requirement
- Configured dynamic check points in SSIS package to allow the package to run from the point of failure.
- Expertise use of various SSIS control flow and data flow components in data transformation between source and destination.
- Deployed the packages to Test, QA and Prod environments and provided support whenever needed.
- Created Parameterized, Linked, Snapshot, Cached, Ad hoc, Click through, Drill down, Drill through, Sub reports for top selling plans in the company, top sales based on region and sales based on season.
- Developed different type of reports including: Sales Report, Client Contact Report, Accounting Statement Report, Employee/benefits census report, Benefits statements report, Enrollment count summary report, Billing report and other insurance/payroll/COBRA file transfer reports by using SSRS and SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 .
- Scheduled and managed daily/weekly/monthly sales and operational reports based on the business requirements.
- Involved in design and successful implementation of SSAS cubes and wrote complex MDX and ad- hoc queries.
- Configured Database mail and linked servers between SQL Server to SQL Server, SQL to Oracle Servers, and SQL to MS Access Databases
- Installed SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to support SQL data tool functionality in Visual Studio 2017.
- Monitoring CPU resource usage and SQL Server disk management
- Monitored SQL Server Performance and Activity by using SQL profiler
- Monitored Dashboard Reports for Performance Tuning and finding bottlenecks in database.
- Monitored the server’s status, database file growths, disk space alerts etc.
- Experienced in improving/Tuning SQL Server performance using native and third party tools
- Analyze reports for long running queries, locks, deadlocks, backup history check and retention
- Support, troubleshooting of databases and vendors’ application problems
- Scheduled Alerts and Jobs Using SQL Server Agent (Automation)
- Supporting several enterprise-wide high availability systems and services with SLA driven up-time requirements
- Performed SQL administrative tasks including installing and upgrading SQL server products, creating maintenance plans, and creating database objects
- Maintains data propagation across the organization based on data capture, data processing, reporting and analytics, data backup and recovery, data access/conflict resolution and data integrity needs while minimizing redundancy
- Performed complex ETL utility functions
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 , 2017 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Windows Server 2012R2, OLAP, OLTP, MDX, C#, ASP.Net, Redgate, MS Office 2010, Performance Point Server 2007.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Worked on Data Consolidation/ Data Migration/ Data Quality (DQ) Project building.
- Performed successful installation and configuration of SQL Server 2016 and PowerShell scripting sources.
- Installed SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to support SQL data tool functionality.
- Written Data definition language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) queries along with dynamic SQL queries and created new SQL Server databases on Azure platform.
- Used C# to access SQL Server to store and retrieve data from databases.
- Created Temporary tables with Temporary variables using Transact SQL (T-SQL).
- Created traces using SQL Server Profiler to find the long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning.
- Created SSIS packages, extracted the data from heterogeneous sources like Flat files, Excel, SQL Server and loaded it into the destination files by performing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) operations including some transformation tasks such as data conversion, derived column, fuzzy lookup, row count, sort, Aggregate etc.
- Effectively implemented Data Extraction and Loading from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in maintaining Data consistency and Data Integrity using various constraints like Unique, Check, Primary Key and Default.
- Collaborated with other teams especially testing team to manage and determine various functionalities of API integrations.
- Created SQL agent jobs for Running SSIS Packages on scheduled basis.
- Implemented error handling, created checkpoints and break points.
- Deployed the packages into Integration Services Database Catalog and then configured those files in different environments like Dev/UAT.
- Defined Backup restore and Data Recovery procedures.
- Created Dim and Fact tables and performed data analysis with multidimensional Cubes written in MDX scripting using SSAS with techniques like slicing and dicing.
- Designed and developed Entity Relationship models with Normalization concepts for star and snowflake schemas.
- Created Reports, Dashboards using SSRS, Excel PowerPivot using DAX scripts and visualized few enterprise level dashboards in Power BI.
- Worked on importing custom visualizations; table and matrix visuals and different level of filters with Power BI.
- Achieved many of the new tasks like making successful connections to different new connection managers and tested the complete package.
- Came across various issues and helped in resolving them while to performing script tasks using Excel Interop.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2016, Visual studio 2015, TFS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SSDT, Excel PowerPivot, IIS, VBA, C#.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Designed Contract Retention database using SQL Server 2008 technology
- Designed and developed data models for the data warehouse using star and snowflake schema.
- Developed data mapping documentation to establish relationships between source and target tables including transformation processes
- Developed and implemented SSIS 2008 ETL processes to load data from source files to target table
- Created Data Flow Tasks with Merge Joins to get data from multiple sources from multiple servers, with Look Ups to access and retrieve data from a secondary dataset, with Row Count to have the statistics of rows inserted and updated, and worked with Script Task to perform a custom code.
- Worked with Package Variables, with Event Handlers to react to the appropriate error conditions, with SSIS Parallelism, with Package properties to make package more proficient.
- Develop DTS script to migrate data from SQL Server database to Oracle database.
- Develop Procedure and Function using SQL Server database to migrate data to Oracle database.
- Developed Data Migration strategy for the customer to transfer enterprise legacy data to the newly developed ERP application. Reverse engineered various application to develop data mapping between the two applications and implemented PL/SQL migration scripts to load data across multiple table by maintaining data integrity
- Programmed stored procedures, user defined functions, database triggers and packages and all the database objects needed in Oracle environment to implement business logic.
- Managed indexes, statistics and optimized queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Responsible for performance tuning and Optimization of stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database tuning wizard.
- Created, enhanced, maintained essential Crystal Reports for Operations and HR departments.
- Created additional ad-hoc reports using MS Access for Operations Director.
- Received MS SharePoint 2010 application development training covering Visual Studio 2010, SharePoint Designer 2010
- Designed logical and physical database for reporting tool, generating various monthly financial & end user reports and send them to the traders and end users. Also generated reports in different formats such as csv, pdf, rpt & txt etc
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Actively involved in generating Matrix, Sub reports and complex reports with multi value parameters for the analysis of Performance.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Windows Server 2003, OLAP, OLTP, MDX, C#, ASP.Net, Data Mart, ETL, MS Office 2010, Performance Point Server 2007.