- Over 4+ years of experience in MS SQL Server suites of product like SSRS, SSAS and SSIS of MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008.
- Expert in ETL(SSIS) and DTS packages to perform data transfer from different server locations and heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Excel, CSV, XML, MS Word and Text Format Data.
- Experience in using SSIS Import and Export Wizard, SSIS designer and other package execution utilities for performing the ETL operations.
- Hands on Experience in SSIS Configuration, Logging, Procedural Error Handling and Data Error Handling.
- Involved in complex data mapping, modeling data and understand business data relationships.
- Experience in using multiple transformation provided by SSIS such as script component, Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge, Merge Join, Union All and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Experience in creating various SSIS packages, troubleshoot errors and creating alerts using Send Mail tasks.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MS Excel spreadsheets and power pivot.
- Experience in designing report using SQL Server Reporting Services, generated drill down report, parameterized report, linked report, sub reports, matrix dynamic and filter, charts in SSRS.
- Expert in presenting multi - platform data visualization like pie/bar/graph chart and Dundas chart.
- Designing SSAS cube, writing MDX Queries, used Partition to manage and store the data and Translation. Deploying and processing SSAS cube.
- Experienced in developing OLAP Cubes, Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including backup recovery, database maintenance, user authorization, Database creation, Tables, Indexes and Partitions.
- Experience in creating Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP and Dimensional Data Modeling for FACT and Dimension Tables using Analysis Services.
- Experience in using Tableau and Power BI to generate various reports.
- Experience in implementing the Indexes such as clustered index, non-clustered index, covering index appropriately on data structure to achieve faster data retrieval.
- Experience in writing Sub-queries, Joins, T-SQL queries to create database objects and to simplify complex queries involving different tables, and to create relationship between tables using foreign key and primary key.
- Experience in Database/Data Mart Design, stored procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Data Cleansing/Data Mining.
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies in SDLC
- Able to work collaboratively, quickly understanding the system architect and business needs towards achieving goals.
- Excellent communication and management skills. Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to complete task on time.
Databases: MS SQL Server2016,2014,2012,2008, MS-Access, Oracle, MySQL, DB2
T: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, .Net, vb.net
BI Tools: MSBI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Management Studio
Reporting Tool: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau Reporting Tool
ETL Tool: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Informatica
Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows 7, Unix/Linux
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Created SSIS packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the legacy data sources to SQL Server 2016.
- Creating complex SQL scripts to transform legacy data in staging area using SSIS packages.
- Configuring SSIS packages for run time parameters and config files.
- Used SSIS for Extracting and Merging of data from different source to single source.
- Scheduling Jobs to run SSIS Packages in the night feed to DSS for fresh day data.
- Scripting using SSIS packages for data cleansing, encrypting and decrypting sensitive information.
- Created SSIS packages to automate different FTP’s files and emailing to different clients.
- Created SSIS packages using various Transformation to generate underlying data for the report and to export the cleaned data from Excel, CSV, Flat file and MS Access to data warehouse.
- Generated reports from SQL Server Database and OLAP data warehousing.
- Deployed Reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any errors during in execution.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on the daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and email them to the directors and analyst to review in Excel sheet.
- Created Sub-Report, Matrix Report Tablix Report Drill Down Report and Charts using SSRS.
- Deployed and subscribe Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Designed a Power BI Data model with multiple Facts and Dimension Tables based on the requirement.
- Designed and Implemented analytics solutions using Power BI Dashboard and Reports.
- Participated in testing during the UAT (QA Testing). Mentored and monitored team development and status.
- Drop and recreate Index on the DSS System while migration data.
- Based on the business requirement written complex T-SQL queries to perform data and graph validation to make sure that the test results are matched.
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for performance tuning on scripts and stores procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2016, SQL Server Integration Services, Power BI MS Excel 2016, MS Access 2016, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.
- Designed ETL Packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kind of SSIS transformation.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to improve the performance of data loading.
- Used various SSIS task such as Conditional split, Derived column, data validation checks etc. during staging, before loading the data into various sources.
- Successfully migrated SSIS packages from development to test and production environment using SSIS Configuration files and development wizard.
- Configured and Maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Created Drill Down Report, Summary Report, Sub Report and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Generated ad-hoc reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience working with Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX), functions and statement to create complex calculations.
- Created user defined hierarchy in dimensions.
- Moved data from old legacy system to new sources based on the given requirement.
- Design and Implemented database application using MS SQL Server 2012 and Business Intelligence (BI) tools to support transaction and business decision making.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup and restoration.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Visual SourceSafe, TFS, BITS, MS Excel, Windows 7
SQL Server Developer
- Created various complex queries that involves multi-tables joins, union, sub-queries based on the business requirement
- Loaded data using SQL loader based on file format and requirement.
- Involved in creation of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Functions.
- Generated and scheduled Reports by writing Stored Procedures according to business need.
- Design and created Stored Procedures and Tables with Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Schedule the SQL Jobs and SSIS packages using Job controller.
- Provided solutions to fix the recurring issues.
- Configured and Installed MS SQL server 2008R2.
- Involved in Scheduling, Backups, Restoration and Log Backups.
- Designed SSIS packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access Database, Excel spreadsheet and Flat files into SQL Server for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using Multiple transformation provided by SSIS such as Data conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union all.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Created packages in SSIS with Error Handling and worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Involved in creating complex stored procedures and views to generate various Drill through reports, Parameterized reports and linked report using SSRS.
- Designed and Developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop-down menu option using SSRS.
- Scheduled Reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business Analyst and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL server SSRS.
- Created complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, charts and synchronized queries.
- Created subscription for the windows file share and implemented three layers of security for the report, SSRS website and in the intranet web application.
- Worked on querying data and creating on demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and scheduling the report through standard and data driven subscriptions.
- Created Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Function, Cursors and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Performed Query optimization and performance tuning of Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Partitioning of tables to increase in performance and availability of data.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2, Enterprise Edition, PL/SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS SharePoint, MS Access and Excel.